CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

I think we need to chill on which maps were picked until we all actually get a chance to play on them with some regularity.  I watched every stream the pros did testing out the new maps and they were all happy with how these 2 played.  They wanted ball maps, and were quite adamant about more strongholds maps, which is why these 2 were picked but Russet and the Sanc remake were left out (I asked Tashi about this after the announcement and they are working on Fathom, so they were probably reluctant to add more CTF).

My point being, take some Ritalin and calm down for a week or 2 until these maps are added into the MM rotation (they're wanting the maps finalized by the 1st of June and I'm assuming we'll see them in MM beforehand).   

My body is so ready to try them especially with SC/GP gone.  Just for something new. Also for oddball.  And i think if they change respawns to 10 seconds for flag games, Fathom fixes itself.

*Decides to check Beyond randomly to see what's up with Halo*

*Reads last few pages*

Welp, good news is that E3 is a few weeks away.

my body is not ready. i really hope it's a good showing this year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

my body is not ready. i really hope it's a good showing this year.

I'm imagining the only Halo stuff we hear will be MCC update + port to PC which is okay but a little disappointing at the same time

Friendly reminder that A- 343 (or any developer for that matter) is not some singular hive mind of homogeneous opinion and preference, and B- only I get to decide how passionate I am about something, thanks.

On a scale between 1 and 10 you're obviously as passionate as the color sangria.

Friendly reminder that A- 343 (or any developer for that matter) is not some singular hive mind of homogeneous opinion and preference, and B- only I get to decide how passionate I am about something, thanks.

shut up stinky

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just dont think there is any way there is a tease of H6 after seeing all the job openings at 343 right now. I hope im wrong.

umm big studios often have job openings because yknow its hella freelance. F all job security. And because of this observation you think they won’t have an E3 showing? Which they’ve had every year previous to release year for every modern halo? smh you have no idea, read Hume

umm big studios often have job openings because yknow its hella freelance. F all job security. And because of this observation you think they won’t have an E3 showing? Which they’ve had every year previous to release year for every modern halo? smh you have no idea, read Hume

Do you not know how to quote? Or were you trying to subtweet me on a forum? The amount of important openings at 343 says to me Halo 6 isnt complete enough to show off yet. Like I said, hope I'm wrong.

Does that mean Multi's game will be called "poop-de-scoop"?

it means he'll have 3 undeniable classics before his antics and abrupt change in style overtake the discussion about his body of work. he'll still be clearly talented, but will seem aimless and hard to follow.

ultimately, he'll go off on a rant during a Reddit AMA, insulting most of his Team Beyond fanbase in the process. then he'll release a troll beta for his latest game as a distraction. But the full game will probably be :fire: so everyone will forgive him anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah, Kanye isn't the best analogy, insofar as Kanye only became an egotistical goofball after a wildly successful career as a world-class producer (and very good rapper) with universal critical acclaim.  Multi is more like a Soundcloud rapper who might be amazing, but is probably just a douche 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Usually play the hcs playlist when I do get on(been about 8 times since November). Wanted to chill today so I decided to play Arena instead.

Fun fact: 3/4 of my games played, my team mates quit out immediately if they died off their starting strats. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you not know how to quote? Or were you trying to subtweet me on a forum? The amount of important openings at 343 says to me Halo 6 isnt complete enough to show off yet. Like I said, hope I'm wrong.

I'm also going by Bonnie Ross' comment during a live stream about giving the team the time they need to get the job done right. Plus the MCC update (probable psuedo-relaunch) this fall. I doubt they would be released simultaneously. Honestly I hope they take whatever time they need.

• Upvote (+1) 1

YES BUT WERE YOU PUT ON EARTH FOR THE PURPOSE OF HAVING YOUR JOB IN THE INDUSTRY?

Also remember that if you identify as a Christian the Bible doesn't say you have to be nice so you get to be an asshole. 

I thought it said "Love Thy Neighbor" or something?

I have never read it so I have no idea, my whole family is atheist...

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

yeah, Kanye isn't the best analogy, insofar as Kanye only became an egotistical goofball after a wildly successful career as a world-class producer (and very good rapper) with universal critical acclaim. Multi is more like a Soundcloud rapper who might be amazing, but is probably just a douche

Kanye was always egotistical. Artists and Execs who worked with him thought he was overconfident, too consumed with audio details that won’t matter to consumers, and unmarketable. Dame Dash didn’t even want to sign him as a rapper, but did so begrudgingly because he didn’t want to lose him as an in-house producer. Kanye threw a tantrum and stormed out of his first American Music Awards after he lost Best New Arist to Gretchen Wilson, proclaiming “I was the best new artist this year". Basically, he felt and acted like he was the greatest long before he even got an opportunity to prove it.

Watching Multi’s videos, I’m blown away by his insights. I don’t know if he’s capable of making a game that’s as good as he thinks, but I do appreciate the “I’m the best” attitude. You can’t truly be the best in a competitive environment unless you think that way. It’s nice to know that someone ACTUALLY wants to make a great shooter with solid fundamentals, and not just check a bunch of boxes.

• Upvote (+1) 9