CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They are using EU4, so they should be good :)

Pubg would like a word with you

Pubg would like a word with you

The exception that proves the rule. Its much harder to find a game that runs off UE4 that plays like shit, than it is to find a game that plays very well.

So I’m not going to sit here on my ass mocking someone who’s trying to make it and be the best at what he does. 

the negative reactions might be due to the fact that, you know, he was literally drunk and posting insanely condescending and egotistical things? 

also you may have noticed that the people on earth who are actually the best in their field tend to be relaxed and humble ...

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

the negative reactions might be due to the fact that, you know, he was literally drunk and posting insanely condescending and egotistical things?

also you may have noticed that the people on earth who are actually the best in their field tend to be relaxed and humble ...

For real, what did he actually say to hurt your feelings though? He saw a map and called it bad. Just like you guys do all the time with riptide,overgrowth, etc.

For every humble guy I can name a arrogant one. So what’s your point? The results is all that matters. You play the results not the personality. I just hope he gets back at it and be as successful as he can be.

• Upvote (+1) 5

He did also mention he expects people to tell him when he makes something that sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hmmm maybe because he’s good at his job? I have mad respect for individuals who see a particular problem and go out and try to make a change. It’s ok if you don’t agree with him but that job jab is slimy.

I’m not sure a lot of you guys work in a creative field but he’s absolutely right in identifying the problems with “yes men” in creative projects. It erodes the whole process until you get that soulless boring shit everyone complains about. I would hire him without a second thought. That passion and drive is insane and I know he wouldn’t let me ship a awful product without letting me have it. Which means more money in my pocket in the end. Critique is absolutely essential in producing quality. If it’s bad it’s bad, that stuff needs to be weeded out as quickly as possible. People who don’t get that are soft anyway and would never ever be the best at what they do.

So I’m not going to sit here on my ass mocking someone who’s trying to make it and be the best at what he does. This community has a knack at driving talented people away, saw the same shit with Ninja. Constant trash talk/mocking for being on the grind and now that he’s basically a celebrity the tone completely switched. Multi is literally giving you the low down on how things break down with the industry and is helping all of us understand wth happened to halo. But people mock him because he’s on the grind and some people can’t wait for his project to come out so you guys can grill him. That shit is gross.

no one is mocking him for being "on the grind", the other guy is just tired of seeing him come off as an ass. "Yeah all those forgers suck but me.Im better than all of them. 343 is shit,etc." Like yeah we get it, 343 isn't that great. But what is it going to accomplish when that's all we hear every day from him and hearing how he's better than everyone else? Dude needs to calm it down with the ego and hate. If he makes a better game than 343,good for him. If he doesn't? Just going to make him look like a jackass talking all that shit.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

-snip for the ages-

I honestly and truly everything works out for you and your studio. As far as drunk rants go, this was probably one of the most organized (and surprising theological) that I've seen.

• Upvote (+1) 3

no one is mocking him for being "on the grind", the other guy is just tired of seeing him come off as an ass. "Yeah all those forgers suck but me.Im better than all of them. 343 is shit,etc." Like yeah we get it, 343 isn't that great. But what is it going to accomplish when that's all we hear every day from him and hearing how he's better than everyone else? Dude needs to calm it down with the ego and hate. If he makes a better game than 343,good for him. If he doesn't? Just going to make him look like a jackass talking all that shit.

If he says he has the best forgers working for him, it’s logical to assume the things he does. Also he suggested maps he didn’t make or have any part in. So there goes that.

I feel you guys get caught in your feelings, let the man stunt. He went from just some guy who plays halo to a guy in talks with major publishers to get AAA funding for his brand new IP. I’ll be talking shit to. This forum is built on competition. You have to be a little arrogant to get your way and be the best. Even if his game isn’t a giant success he’ll still would get the credit for putting everything he has on his beliefs and actually did something. Shit if his creation actually makes it to e3 it would be more than most of us ever achieved in our entire life’s. I have no stake in this game but going after his job or mocking the unfortunate things that happen to people is foul, just straight up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i like it.

it's got that College Dropout Kanye vibe.

Does that mean Multi's game will be called "poop-de-scoop"?

Uhhh no.... People that are the best in their fields have a whole range of personalities from humble and quiet to crass, boisterous, egotistical, and a little nuts.

I have gone to task with Multi in the past for being an ass, but in this case he's saying that some work is bad and critiquing the whole AAA game industry as a whole harshly.  I have no problem with what he has said these past couple days or how it has been said.  If you can't deal with not being handled with kid gloves, don't work for him.

Read this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LOL I have had to deal with this kind of thing very directly in my last job.  It might apply here, but we won't know until the product release so we can compare expectations vs. outcomes. personality types run the gamut though.  Its like how 80% of people think they are an above average driver (or above average at anything really), a statistical impossibility.

Damn this off season is one for the ages  :Toxic:

- To answer someone that got lost in the Multi shuffle but too lazy to go back, I don't think they announced a timeline for when they're adding the two new maps into the MM playlist.

However, that leads to some actual Halo thoughts of my own

1) Are both these maps for oddball?

2) Isn't oddball broken because of spawns so what makes these maps any different? 

3) If oddball is generally fine than why don't we have Oddball Rig? 

4) Will 343 touch up these maps themselves to make them look prettier? 

Anyone can touch on these instead of the pseudo intellectual examination of life's meaning and purpose, but I wont hold my breath. 

Damn this off season is one for the ages  :Toxic:

- To answer someone that got lost in the Multi shuffle but too lazy to go back, I don't think they announced a timeline for when they're adding the two new maps into the MM playlist.

However, that leads to some actual Halo thoughts of my own

1) Are both these maps for oddball?

2) Isn't oddball broken because of spawns so what makes these maps any different? 

3) If oddball is generally fine than why don't we have Oddball Rig? 

4) Will 343 touch up these maps themselves to make them look prettier? 

Anyone can touch on these instead of the pseudo intellectual examination of life's meaning and purpose, but I wont hold my breath. 

In order:

1) Yes.  They haven't said so specifically yet but that's definitely the idea.  Maybe Slayer as well.  I don't think Strongholds.

2) Maybe.  With the fix to the LAN app, they also had some changes to the oddball spawn influence and BR spread in that build.  Oddball should be better now, but we really need to play it again.

3) We might.  They haven't announced the full set of maps and gametypes to test yet

4) Yes.  They said they will have to do some internal cleanup before they become final.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who cares?

And this isn't about Halo or anything. This is just in general.

• Upvote (+1) 4

LOL I have had to deal with this kind of thing very directly in my last job.  It might apply here, but we won't know until the product release so we can compare expectations vs. outcomes. personality types run the gamut though.  Its like how 80% of people think they are an above average driver (or above average at anything really), a statistical impossibility.

Those 80% are also the ones that can't understand this simple concept:

rT7y45P.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Those 80% are also the ones that can't understand this simple concept:

rT7y45P.png

I have no idea why that bugs me so much
  • Upvote (+1) 2