CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love how you guys still think these mystical casuals are going to tune in for some h5.

Finding halo 5 on twitch is like playing where's waldo.

It's usually smack dab in the middle of American Truck Simulator and Call of Duty Black Ops III.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Kinda off topic, but holy shit

Going to be crazy to watch this year, the last 2-3 years could be considered down years at this point with wall-running fatigue.

Nah. Individual skill isn't really what's setting OG apart from all the other teams. It's chemistry, work ethic, teamwork etc. That's why you can't just throw 4 names together and think it's gonna be a top-tier team.

If we're still doing NBA analogies, it's kinda similar to OKC so far this season.

You don't think Snipedown Mikwen Shotzzy Renegade would be a top tier team? Lmao

They might not overtake Optic but if you don't think they'd be getting at least 2nd every event you're delusional.

What if 343 is holding off on the TO announcement because they want to couple MLG with a Halo 6 reveal, which will take us back to basics as a franchise?

:kappa:

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Going to be crazy to watch this year, the last 2-3 years could be considered down years at this point with wall-running fatigue.

I think it's hilarious how they've had 2/3 bad years and still continued to grow like crazy

Just wish the maps weren't such garbage. I probably won't watch a WW2 event unless they add a few decent maps in the DLC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snipedown and Penguin playing together MM on stream pretty much confirms the ENVY team

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown and Penguin playing together MM on stream pretty much confirms the ENVY team

Yes because 2 pros from different teams have never played halo casually together ever.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown Mikwen Shotzzy Renegade would probably usurp the throne if it happened.

Nah. Individual skill isn't really what's setting OG apart from all the other teams. It's chemistry, work ethic, teamwork etc. That's why you can't just throw 4 names together and think it's gonna be a top-tier team.

If we're still doing NBA analogies, it's kinda similar to OKC so far this season.

You don't think Snipedown Mikwen Shotzzy Renegade would be a top tier team? Lmao

They might not overtake Optic but if you don't think they'd be getting at least 2nd every event you're delusional.

You're both right.

OG is better than anyone when it comes to teamwork and preparation/practice, so they always have that edge. 

But they can't prepare for something they've never seen before, which is what happened with Splyce at Atlanta, IMO. They were just playing at a speed and playstyle that OG had never seen. OG adjusted to it though, and it showed at Denver.

I think a new team like the one you mentioned has a better chance than most of winning an event against Optic because even after pro-league or scrims, there is still an element of surprise at events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's usually smack dab in the middle of American Truck Simulator and Call of Duty Black Ops III.

Dude. Spoilers. I like to find it on my own ffs.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Happy birthday to Halo 2 btw, which is objectively the greatest multiplayer game of all time.

walshy-s-bxr-o.gif

Walshy is the greatest to ever do it

#WhereIsTheTOannouncement

I like how you've had your signature since last worlds and it is already relevant again 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hot takes:

The TO is NOT going to be MLG

There's no combination of players good enough to dethrone Optic in Halo 5. Better luck in Halo 6. 

Returning to a series' roots is as popular if not more popular than re-inventing the wheel. Unfortunately 343 did not predict this climate change in the industry and Halo 6 will be very similar to Halo 5 with (hopefully) some QOL changes (Sigh, missed opportunities). 

I think the money would have been better spent building up to an incredible inaugural season for Halo 6, including getting MLG on board, than having another lack-luster HWC for Halo 5. The game is stale and I don't think the viewership/turnout will see any ROI for 343 this season. 

Just an opinion, sorry if it's overly negative. Can't blame me at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Haven't looked at the forums in months and now I feel like crying. What's going on

Nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What if 343 is holding off on the TO announcement because they want to couple MLG with a Halo 6 reveal, which will take us back to basics as a franchise?

:kappa:

:mj:

What if they're not

• Upvote (+1) 2

Returning to a series' roots is as popular if not more popular than re-inventing the wheel. Unfortunately 343 did not predict this climate change in the industry and Halo 6 will be very similar to Halo 5 with (hopefully) some QOL changes (Sigh, missed opportunities). 

I don't think I'm ready to rule out this possibility quite yet. We're still roughly a year away (at least) from launch but I definitely think if 343 were paying attention they could have caught the favoritism for a classic game about 6-8 months ago. In a 3 year dev cycle, most of the release content like maps, gametypes, internal gameplay testing, and campaign development are all done in the second half of the 3 years, some parts later than others. Most of the time before that would be dedicated to storyboarding, engine development, and conceptual work. 

So. I wholeheartedly believe it would be within the development capabilities of 343 to shift their dev focus to a more classic game, especially considering how most (obviously not all) of the critical changes the multiplayer community is interested in boil down to basic game rule changes.

I think it is far more likely that the preferences of the head dev team at 343 will determine what the next Halo game looks like than dev time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I recall correctly you said they'd dethrone OpTic. Without a doubt, they're a top 3 team, very likely top 2, but not gonna beat OpTic.

Strictly speaking Halo 2, how is any of that an argument for Ogre2 over Walshy and Ogre1?

OG2 was voted MVP at least twice that I recall

• Upvote (+1) 1