CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nice revisionist history there. The rankings for most difficult sniper is as follows. H3, CE (og), Reach/H2, H4, and finally the easiet sniper H5.

H5 sniper is literally in a class of its own. It’s so damn strong and easy to use we can’t have two of them on the map at the same time in competitive, think about that for a second.

Please tell me how this is revisionist history.

Please tell me how this is revisionist history.

Halo 2 Sniper is easy, but Halo 5's is truly something else. You don't even have to hit people. The headshot hitbox is stupidly large. It's just not really a discussion, Halo 5's sniper is unprecedented. I mean just watch the way people no scope in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2's sniper had a lot of aim assist, but not much magnetism. So whilst it was easy to get the reticule on someones head, it did need to actually be on their head. 

Halo 5 I have "sniped" people when my reticule is about 400km away.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nice revisionist history there. The rankings for most difficult sniper is as follows. H3, CE (og), Reach/H2, H4, and finally the easiet sniper H5.

Halo 5 and Halo 4 are without a doubt the easiest snipers. However, I'll never understand when people say it was harder to snipe in H3 than H1, H2 or even H2A.

First, you don't have to lead your shot or worry about a spread. Second, what gun can contest you? Who will be able to zoom you out crossmap? Not someone with a BR. Only someone else with a sniper. Whereas in H1 you had possibly 6 people with the strongest starting weapon in the entire franchise as well as someone else who nade launched a sneaky sniper (so the meta around how to position yourself with sniper was much more important as well, not just shooting). In H2A and H2 the hitscan BR knocked your aim out of zoom (definitely the host) very efficiently as well, much more than a  projectile based spread.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5 and Halo 4 are without a doubt the easiest snipers. However, I'll never understand when people say it was harder to snipe in H3 than H1, H2 or even H2A.

First, you don't have to lead your shot or worry about a spread. Second, what gun can contest you? Who will be able to zoom you out crossmap? Not someone with a BR. Only someone else with a sniper. Whereas in H1 you had possibly 6 people with the strongest starting weapon in the entire franchise as well as someone else who nade launched a sneaky sniper (so the meta around how to position yourself with sniper was much more important as well, not just shooting). In H2A and H2 the hitscan BR knocked your aim out of zoom (definitely the host) very efficiently as well, much more than a  projectile based spread.

Overall I agree with you. Sniping within the sandbox has merit in discussing the most difficult in the series. However I was mainly ranking them in a vacuum, "how difficult is it to get a headshot" H3's small hitbox and the snipers slow rate of fire makes it a contender for the top spot in my opinion. I'll accept CE (og) as well, it's sound logic. H2/H2A I feel the skill of the sniper is how well a player can reposition when pinned down, rather than connecting to a target. No scopes are also extremely difficult in CE and H2, so that's another factor. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think people are talking about how hard it was to hit headshots AS SUCH, not the entire context of sniping in H3.  For sure, people with H3 BRs could not challenge you effectively cross-map, but the aiming/leading was still hard.

The difficulty is clear, because when I hit a snipe triple kill in H3 I would be jumping up and down screaming ... I had a snipe jaro in H5 (custom game BTB) last week and almost didn't bother saving the clip, because the first three 'headshots' were so undeserved

• Upvote (+1) 4

h3/h1 have the smallest hitbox. h2 has generous bullet magnetism especially on side swiping. and while yes u cant contest a sniper on a map like valhalla, on the mlg maps for the most part, you could knock them out of scope the same way you can in h2(a).

for my own list ce>3>h2>h2a>reach>h5>h4. no descope on the sniper made it way too easy. and no scoping with that thing is even more of a joke than h5. and that list is as a whole. it's easier to no scope in h3 than it is in h2/ce/h2a but damn was it fucking satisfying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's something I've been thinking about for the last few days.  Halo's 2, 3, and Reach all had substantial multiplayer populations for the entirety of the game's 3 year respective lifespans.  All of those games had large player populations from their release until the release of the next game and even after.  Yet, both Halo 4 and Halo 5 have had their multiplayer populations die before the end of their respective game's life cycle.  We've discussed modern Halo verse classic Halo quite a bit, but I think that trend is as good an indicator as any about the staying power of the different game's multiplayer modes.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Grim should just post the password so we can all help him remember when he loses it.  :lxthul:

I actually did forget my password. 

Sigh

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's something I've been thinking about for the last few days.  Halo's 2, 3, and Reach all had substantial multiplayer populations for the entirety of the game's 3 year respective lifespans.  All of those games had large player populations from their release until the release of the next game and even after.  Yet, both Halo 4 and Halo 5 have had their multiplayer populations die before the end of their respective game's life cycle.  We've discussed modern Halo verse classic Halo quite a bit, but I think that trend is as good an indicator as any about the staying power of the different game's multiplayer modes.

A factor to consider: XBox and early on for XBox 360, Microsoft had a better online multiplayer offering than its competitor.

PS3 caught up later on (and Halo 4 was dogshit anyway), so that explains H4.

As for H5, the XBOne is just not competitive with the PS4.

It's not the only factor, but it's a big one.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I actually did forget my password. 

Nah man, you can tell us the truth... you've been too busy playing Halo Online  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 3

the first reach mlg and last reach mlg had the highest two highest attendance 

guess what they had in common  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the next halo 343 should make an armor set that you can only get by winning an event. 

That's kinda cool however its really not cost effective at all for the developer. Now if they just made a team armor skin that people could buy/win by picking the correct bracket for the winning team that would benefit the team/org and everyone else.

Well here's our chance to make an impact boys, time to polish up the resumes.

Don't tell them your TB username or make sure they aren't able to trace any negative posts regarding 343 back to you or else they'll retract any job offers you get.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah man, you can tell us the truth... you've been too busy playing Halo Online :ace:

I just thought he's busy putting the finishing touches on the E3 H6 announcement
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This reads like the kind of angry impulsive post made by someone who literally just got killed by a Camo guy a few minutes before. Camo is fine lol.

You'd be right about that. But I still have a have a very hard time even noticing it at all.

Basically every time the other team gets camo for the last couple months I just die. It's frustrating when I thought it was fine before.

Camo has never been as good as it is in H5 right now.

You'd be right about that. But I still have a have a very hard time even noticing it at all.

Basically every time the other team gets camo for the last couple months I just die. It's frustrating when I thought it was fine before.

Camo has never been as good as it is in H5 right now.

Thought about seeing a doctor/checking a different monitor?

Thought about seeing a doctor/checking a different monitor?

I do need new glasses, but I sit close enough to the TV that I'm basically fine.

I can see camo on other Halo games, I just think that H5's camo is a bit too good right now. I really do think H5's camo, all else equal, is by far the best camo we've ever had in a Halo game.

The TV I use is fine, not great, but it should be serviceable.