CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think Midship/Warlock would both make very good test maps for 4v4 simply because they would quickly put on display any new movement options that ruin the flow of how Halo plays out. Both of those maps are what I feel is the correct answer to addressing the pacing of Halo. Map size and open LoS > "enhanced" mobility as far as determining the pace of the gameplay. Seriously try Warlock in Reach with evade.

If I had to pick just one map it would have to be Midship. Its just the swiss army knife of Halo maps as far as 4v4 goes. What doesn't work on it? Team snipers?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fact I can open this thread and see people considering dual hydras on Sanc & saying that Riptide is even remotely close to being a half decent map makes me worry for this forum's sanity during the off season

Halo 5sc weapon sandbox is fucking joke what do you want from me lmao most of my forge maps don't have any weapons other than pistols

The hydra isn't a skillful weapon but it's at least interesting in the plays it can make. The h5 sniper is DOG

I just want Halo 6 to have a "NORMAL" aiming model. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A competitive map rotation doesn't need tons of variety or change for the sake of change. It needs maps that provide gameplay deemed desirable for competitive play. There's a reason that most of the well-regarded new maps in later Halo games are essentially variations on the classic layouts. Even those require plenty of testing and revision to get right. Why throw out maps that are proven to work? Short attention spans?

I think you have it backwards. Halo could use some more quality staples that stick around and ideally improve over time. Whether Sanctuary specifically is one of those maps is another matter, but adding new, GOOD maps is not a trivial task.

Meanwhile, Dust 2 (an 18-year-old map) is back in the competitive rotation for CS:GO.

Not many pros agree with having D2 back though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? What's the consensus in the CS community about D2?

It’s seen as an aim map, one where there’s not as much strategy involved. Some teams will like that, others won’t. Basically, it won’t be permabanned by pros but it won’t be picked as a series decided either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5sc weapon sandbox is fucking joke what do you want from me lmao most of my forge maps don't have any weapons other than pistols

The hydra isn't a skillful weapon but it's at least interesting in the plays it can make. The h5 sniper is DOG

Dual H2 beam rifles? Does it not have the lowest auto aim of all sniper/beam variants?

It's pretty close to 50-50 from the interviews i've read and seen. It won't be played as much as mirage or inferno, but it'll be the 3rd most played.

There's rarely much real "consensus" regarding any map, except for Nuke, which all but like 2-3 top teams at any given time consistently ban. Plenty of teams/players hated Cobble (the map Valve swapped out for D2), but it was the strongest map for others.

If there's any consistent critique of D2 that I've seen, it's that the latest rework is trivial and didn't really change anything. Hard to really tell how it will fit into the current meta until teams have actually practiced on it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dual H2 beam rifles? Does it not have the lowest auto aim of all sniper/beam variants?

I can't say, I feel like all the snipers have identical AA and it's just placebo working into people's perception of what's easier or more difficult - but it's impossible to say if 343 won't comment on it.

Someone wanna run AA tests on sniper variants and post the results?

Whose bright idea was it to buff camo to the point where it is effectively impossible to even notice?

It is stupidly overpowered with no counterplay other than of course getting fucked by whomever so happens to be using it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're forgetting that Halo 2's was as bad or almost as bad as Halo 5's sniper and that's without taking spartan abilities into consideration.

Thought most of the things pointed out in the video were fixed in an update back then.

Well here's our chance to make an impact boys, time to polish up the resumes.

yoikes

I would love to get a nice big group picture of some of TB's most toxic users all looking mad as hell and have it be the banner for the forums.

108haw3.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

You're forgetting that Halo 2's was as bad or almost as bad as Halo 5's sniper and that's without taking spartan abilities into consideration.

No it was not.

You could sweep snipe yeah and take advantage of the massive aim assist. The sniper trail was not necessarily accurate as to when you pulled the trigger when sweeping quickly at 30 FPS.

When cross map sniping in H2, specifically on sanctuary, this didn't really come up much.  The real power of H2s sniper was how fast it could fire with 0 recoil.  BUT if you didn't hit a dude in the head... it didn't count as a headshot.  We see arm shot and chest shots count as headshots in H5 all the damn time.  And no scoping is so much easier in H5 as well.

Being easy to hit scoped shots period isn't the biggest problem with H5's sniper.  If you keep that aspect exactly the same, but actually require a headshot to be a headshot, let body shots be body shots and make noscoping properly difficult, most of H5s sniper problems are solved.  Why its almost 3 years on and this hasn't been fixed yet is beyond me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well here's our chance to make an impact boys, time to polish up the resumes.

This is why i am so confident there will be no main halo title this year.  This is a lot of serious hirings. More like you are ramping up development, not finishing it off.  If they were releasing again this year, all those hires would barely have their feet under them by the time release came around.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snip

You're hired as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocyYwLCDyCU&t=1m52s

Nice revisionist history there. The rankings for most difficult sniper is as follows. H3, CE (og), Reach/H2, H4, and finally the easiet sniper H5.

H5 sniper is literally in a class of its own. It’s so damn strong and easy to use we can’t have two of them on the map at the same time in competitive, think about that for a second.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Whose bright idea was it to buff camo to the point where it is effectively impossible to even notice?

It is stupidly overpowered with no counterplay other than of course getting fucked by whomever so happens to be using it.

This reads like the kind of angry impulsive post made by someone who literally just got killed by a Camo guy a few minutes before. Camo is fine lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The map is the most iconic CS map by far but is generally not a very tactical map at all and lots of teams do not like it.

The rotations for CT’s are very difficult because there are no safe rotates and the safest ways after a site is taken are incredibly long, the B site is nearly impossible to retake without miracle plays, the middoors create a ton of sightline problems, and the lighting/current color scheme makes it difficult to see people in certain spots.

It’s typically just an aim map with very little strategy which makes it a ton of fun to play at a lower level and leads to fun moments at the pro level, but the lack of actual strategies to counteract anything leads to very shallow gameplay. A lot of pros are unhappy as to when it’s been added to the map pool as well due to high tournament volume right now which will lead to low practice time on it before they have to play it.

It’s actually an interesting time to reintroduce the map because a lot of pro CS atm is super teams that run really basic stuff so once teams work stuff out on it we could see some interesting aim duel stuff with teams like Faze.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Good responses about dust guys. I've always looked at the design and thought it was a bit straight forward for all the praise it got but low-key was afraid to criticize it because....ya know. It's dust. Good to see I wasn't crazy.