CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A little while before HWC some pros were testing a Sanctuary remake(@@RyaNoob I do believe).  What ever happened to that?  Shouldn't the pros be making recommendations on which maps to test not the other way around?

Maybe they did and it just wasn't mentioned, but I doubt it with the way these things go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A little while before HWC some pros were testing a Sanctuary remake(@@RyaNoob I do believe).  What ever happened to that?  Shouldn't the pros be making recommendations on which maps to test not the other way around?

Maybe they did and it just wasn't mentioned, but I doubt it with the way these things go.

Frame rate/Glitches the usual idk I remember him posting on here that it was a no go 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frame rate/Glitches the usual idk I remember him posting on here that it was a no go 

Huh, guess I missed that.  Thanks.

No frame rate/glitches. Frame rate was good, unclamberable spots were on purpose. We stopped playing because 343 said they weren't adding it. I haven't stepped up now because I'm done trying to give a fuck.

That sucks dude.  You and other pros play the game more than anyone and understand it better than anyone.  I will never understand why 343 doesn't take you guys' opinions and ideas more seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That sucks dude.  You and other pros play the game more than anyone and understand it better than anyone.  I will never understand why 343 doesn't take you guys' opinions and ideas more seriously.

sounds like to me 343 doesn't want to add remakes to the map pool and have all new maps the pros haven't played on before. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No frame rate/glitches. Frame rate was good, unclamberable spots were on purpose. We stopped playing because 343 said they weren't adding it. I haven't stepped up now because I'm done trying to give a fuck.

I stand corrected... Don't blame you either

Congrats on the FFA btw 

• Upvote (+1) 2

sounds like to me 343 doesn't want to add remakes to the map pool and have all new maps the pros haven't played on before. 

Did I miss something?  There are already remakes in the map pool.  Truth is a remake of Midship and Regret is a remix of Truth.  As far as not having maps the pros haven't played on before, they are literally asking community members to make new maps to use in the competitive pool; that's what the last few pages of discussion here have been about.

Edit: Oh i misunderstood your post.  My bad.  Apologies.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm curious as to why no maps in Halo 5 make use of teleporters, would their inclusion make the game too chaotic?  I always thought they could help improve the flow of certain maps.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The thought of someone thrust sliding into a teleporter honestly sounds terrifying.

Or ground pounding or spartan charging through one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or ground pounding or spartan charging through one.

Alright that turns me on a little.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm curious to see if removing spartan charge and ground pound will really make that much of a difference in terms of gameplay.  If they're truly trying to slow down the pace of H5 (especially the pace of a team like Splyce) then the only solution is removing sprint altogether.

I don't think it will.  Spartan Charge seems to very rarely get used in competitive play and I believe I saw ground pound used twice in the entirety of the most recent HWC.

They seem so scared to remove Sprint which is literally the ability that speeds up the game that they are trying to slow down. They removed Bloom and Sprint in Reach MLG settings which made the game pretty fucking good. Why are they so hesitant in removing it from H5???

I heckin hate sprint halo

• Upvote (+1) 8

They seem so scared to remove Sprint which is literally the ability that speeds up the game that they are trying to slow down. They removed Bloom and Sprint in Reach MLG settings which made the game pretty fucking good. Why are they so hesitant in removing it from H5???

Because h5 would suck without it. Maps are too big, and strongholds would be even more snowbally

Just make a no sprint halo. Thats it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because h5 would suck without it. Maps are too big, and strongholds would be even more snowbally

Just make a no sprint halo. Thats it

So let's say we keep sprint and remove thruster, Spartan charge, and ground pound. Do you think the maps would still be too big that we would need a little boost from thruster?

Here are some YT videos of the forge maps being considered.

FISSURE

https://youtu.be/iEFYxKm_kJw

SENTINEL

https://youtu.be/1eaVMSzO0r0

FURNACE

https://youtu.be/xgYeswBEhqA

DATA CENTER

https://youtu.be/CQ66EAbnr0Q

ECHELON

https://youtu.be/N9WX0UrdSJ0

RUSSET

????

VESTIGE

????

FISSURE looks too open and big.

I've seen each and every one of those maps from when were first being made and they are all complete and utter garbage. They will without a doubt, fall apart if played competitively.

Best case scenario is you might get a working map that's a bore, a middy clone of some sort.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Russet is a really nice map too. Saiyan was playing on it with his version of the settings.

Data Hive and Furnace, maybe Echelon would be good I think. The rest dont look that competitive. Oh wait we can only have two maps because fuck being interesting or fun to watch, my bad.

The thought of someone thrust sliding into a teleporter honestly sounds terrifying.

Momentum is H5 is broken through teles unless they're what forgers refer to as "north-to-north", meaning the receiver is facing the same way as the sender. If they're off axis at all your momentum will retain the true global direction you were moving in.

For example , Dammys teleporter is north to north so that'll work and retain your direction. However something like Warlock where the other end is FACING the sender, if you were to Spartan charge into 1 sender, you would come out facing backwards and charging the wall behind you. So, begin charge into warlock sender, teleport, and come out FACING the tele. If that makes sense.

Edit: I just realized warlocks teles are also north to north but you get the idea.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've seen each and every one of those maps from when were first being made and they are all complete and utter garbage. They will without a doubt, fall apart if played competitively.

Best case scenario is you might get a working map that's a bore, a middy clone of some sort.

well yeah thats the knock on effect of 'advanced' movement. It limits map design because you have to account for all the garbage abilities they put into the game. God forbid people want to play on something symmetrical, small and simple. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sentinel start off as an aesthetic map?  Sure there is a map around it but I swear the intent was to make something that looked good rather than play good.