CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I should be happy that they're considering removing some stupid mechanics. Especially ones that caused stuff like airborne melees to be delayed or just felt really bad/cheap in practice (like spartan charge knockbacks) but its hard to not be a little annoyed that it took this long. Feel like I'm beating a dead horse with the "great update but its a couple of years late" thing. Thanks for hopefully doing the right thing @343HCS guys

Spartan Charge is as shitty as vanilla Reach double melees with no bleedthrough were. Never should have been put in the game in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan Charge is the most backward ass mechanic in Halo 5, because 343 stopped peoples shields from recharging while running to try and make it a defensive ability instead of an offensive one, but then give you extended melee with black hole levels of attraction to players. 

We've all seen this before.

https://g.redditmedia.com/6xW5YFs5Ncye1SXkyytioWNtuhiQydHaR9f5PHfwqRw.gif?w=720&fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=b668966324552d753572356b87c85610

Is this essentially a confirmation that there will be another season of H5? Because at this point I'd rather H2A or H2 classic be the bridge to H6.

Goldenboy said after the HWC finals that there will be more H5 events.  I'm a bit surprised ... but happy that they're trying new settings at least.  Really hope H6 is announced at E3 and arrives Q1 2019

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your settings tweet got everyone hyped for no reason, for shame on you Alexander. For shame!

u guys don't get it, he's playing on another level. this is some 3d chess plays, he spreads fake news so when the real (shit) news come ppl will be more disappointed than before when they had no expectations 

Well removing it wouldn't exactly hinder HCS either, and could potentially benefit the direction of future Halo titles, or not?

I think this is important. Lets say H6 is a 2019 release for sure and the MCC patch is to pacify "another year of ht", then why not just blow up the settings?

Im currently studying graphic design and while its not game design, there is obviously flowover concepts that are universally shared and one of them is take pride in your work and always do your best, but never get emotionally attached.

And it seems like 343 are emotionally attached to their concept because of how stubborn they are to even alter it.

I love this franchise, i like the game at a fundamental level, but all these market based quirks in the game havent exactly given the reaction theyd expect. Sure youve got your Warzone peeps sinking money in Recs and thats cool, but base Halo 5 is not a game that my casual friends want to play and even at the casual level, sweats so hard even i cant stand it for long. But why is it we can play the older Halos and enjoy it for hours on end?

• Upvote (+1) 4

No melee delay is pretty amazing.

I'm liking this.. baby steps, everybody!

Baby steps 3.5 years after release

• Upvote (+1) 3

Baby steps 3.5 years after release

There have been a lot of little changes leading up to this. A bunch of tiny wins for the esports scene.

There have been a lot of little changes leading up to this. A bunch of tiny wins for the esports scene.

I think the most important distinction, and what I hope changes going forward, is that baby steps such as radar, movement speed, sprint, other abilities, weapon tuning, and forge maps are ALL varying degrees of something we've either improved on and taken steps to address in other Halo titles or very obvious complaints virtually from day 1 that took years to hear back on. We just reset with each game like we haven't done this before and that is actually the prime failure that hurts Halo esports as a whole. We've come to the point of removing sprint more than once and yet we come back around to it. We've realized having no new maps is very stagnant and that when we're not getting acceptable dev maps the solution is to reach out to the forge community and pick something up in multiple titles once again and yet we keep falling into the same trap. Taking steps forward, learning from mistakes, and following through with the next game while immediately focusing on the NEW challenges that game brings is the single biggest challenge we've always faced. We're never really going to get anywhere if we just repeat the timeline as if the previous three years never happened over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the most important distinction, and what I hope changes going forward, is that baby steps such as radar, movement speed, sprint, other abilities, weapon tuning, and forge maps are ALL varying degrees of something we've either improved on and taken steps to address in other Halo titles or very obvious complaints virtually from day 1 that took years to hear back on. We just reset with each game like we haven't done this before and that is actually the prime failure that hurts Halo esports as a whole. We've come to the point of removing sprint more than once and yet we come back around to it. We've realized having no new maps is very stagnant and that when we're not getting acceptable dev maps the solution is to reach out to the forge community and pick something up in multiple titles once again and yet we keep falling into the same trap. Taking steps forward, learning from mistakes, and following through with the next game while immediately focusing on the NEW challenges that game brings is the single biggest challenge we've always faced. We're never really going to get anywhere if we just repeat the timeline as if the previous three years never happened over and over.

I agree. That also sounds like what happened from Destiny1 to 2. 

Still salty..

Is Formal being dropped from the OG squad?

Formal is going to LG for Octane and Karma is being dropped for Methodz.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some of those maps looks huge (though this is sprint halo after all...) and way too corridor-shootery.  And whats the deal with all the fog?  All it does is make shit harder to see.

Also getting rid of Spartan Charge and GP is great because those were nonsense to begin with, but unless they got rid of at least the sprint-thrust-slide-superman combo, its not going to have any effect on game speed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder what will be higher, the score limit in slayer or the fps on the forge maps

• Upvote (+1) 2

Formal wants a switch bc Scump doesn't practice afaik

Edit: wait I'm a verified user now? Screw twitter I'm Beyond verified

That's not what I've read; Scump & Crim(and Formal) wanted to drop Karma, and only keep Formal if they could get some guy called Gunless in place of Karma. Looks like they couldn't get Gunless, so Formal got dropped.

Based on the CSR graphs menke was making for people on twitter Im going to implement something similar on HDH.

DccQ4LfXkAAH3ub.jpg

NIICE. I saw someone on Twitter saying they had a program to do that but didn't know how to make it public for a myriad of reasons and I thought, "I bet Bad Dub could do that tomorrow".

• Upvote (+1) 1