CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really hope there will be significant settings changes for whatever season or tournaments come next.  A settings change that revamps the game can shake things up and make them interesting as the players themselves will have to 'relearn' the meta.  Bring in some forge maps and maybe oddball or assault and it could be one hell of a year for competition, even if it is still H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It feels like they're playing it safe with the settings. Not wanting to change too much. I understand going about it this way at the beginning of a games lifecycle but when the game is dying, a big change is needed IMO. A no sprint season with increased movement speed could be a spark to bring in viewership.

EDIT: Although, new maps would be dope.  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 3

It feels like they're playing it safe with the settings. Not wanting to change too much. I understand going about it this way at the beginning of a games lifecycle but when the game is dying, a big change is needed IMO. A no sprint season with increased movement speed could be a spark to bring in viewership.

EDIT: Although, new maps would be dope.  :ace:

I really think both are necessary, Maps and settings possibly a new gametype as well if possible. I dont feel like settings alone are enough to get people interested. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really think both are necessary, Maps and settings possibly a new gametype as well if possible. I dont feel like settings alone are enough to get people interested. 

If we have another season with sprint and spartan abilities viewership could take an even bigger dump.  Pretty worried that might be the case. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets be honest, removing sprint this late into Halo 5's life cycle isnt going to benefit the HCS much.

Right now its about maintaining what we have until Halo 6 is released.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lets be honest, removing sprint this late into Halo 5's life cycle isnt going to benefit the HCS much.

It will generate a little bit of hype, increasing viewership for one season. Sure, it wont be record breaking numbers but its something.

On the same token why not try some new stuff? The game in dead. Might as well give no sprint Halo another shot. They have nothing to lose at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just catching up so not sure if it was answered. They were on sale at Halo Regionals in Columbus for HaloWC 2016.

Peanutbutter and jealous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Peanutbutter and jealous.

They had final boss long sleeve shirts last event in columbus. Keep an eye out at upcoming MLG events and see if one of us can snag one for you.

It is really peak TeamBeyond logic to think removing core game mechanics would bring in any noticeable increase in viewers 3.5 years into a H5's cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It is really peak TeamBeyond logic to think removing core game mechanics would bring in any noticeable increase in viewers 3.5 years into a H5's cycle.

Team Beyond itself ran a no sprint SERIES that brought in 10k+ if I remember correctly. People want good settings.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How to improve this game without removing sprint since that is never happening:

Remove Spartan Charge/Ground Pound (Well done)

Remove the ability to thrust-slide. Whether this is accomplished with the removal of sliding or blocking the button combo from achieving it, I don't care.

Increase time between thrusts.

Remove Fathom flag. It's not fixable without major map and spawn reconstruction and just isn't worth the time.

Add a working Oddball

Change map layouts/maps

Sprints value is decreased due to lack of thrust-slide, remove the cheesiest of cheese mechanics, remove the worst gametype and allow thrust to be used as a reversal tool while making the timing of using it more important. New gamemode/maps freshens meta.

• Upvote (+1) 6

When they remove ground pound and there's no longer a half second delay when jump meleeing

5KGgu.gif

Don't quote me but I think it's built in even w/ the ability disabled.

I think you might be wrong about that. Played without it enabled before and it seemed better.

I'm quoting you. It's not. People were pretty upset that the delay was gone a few weeks after H5 was out when they turned off GP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm quoting you. It's not. People were pretty upset that the delay was gone a few weeks after H5 was out when they turned off GP.

There is a clip somewhere with Ace, Lethul and a few other people in a custom game with it turned off flipping out when they realized.

There is a clip somewhere with Ace, Lethul and a few other people in a custom game with it turned off flipping out when they realized.

Lol, I remember Lethul testing it and just going "What?!?! Just take it out!" once he realized there was no delay

No melee delay is pretty amazing.

I'm liking this.. baby steps, everybody!

Your settings tweet got everyone hyped for no reason, for shame on you Alexander. For shame!
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Well removing it wouldn't exactly hinder HCS either, and could potentially benefit the direction of future Halo titles, or not?