CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everything posted that could mean it’s MLG are super vague statements that I feel like we’re looking too much into trying to find what we want. Please let it be MLG

Just hop on the MLG hype train, don't get left behind. 

The CoD announcement is literally today though... why would he say "cooking" when dinner is already prepared and we're just sitting at the table waiting for it to be served?  Unless they have something STUPIDLY unexpected for CoD, but probably not.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's going to be absolutely hilarious when it comes out that it's not MLG.

I'm actually fairly excited for the memes when the announcement comes and it's not MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-wolverine-ultimate-for-xbox-one?gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9HS9CEgjk7QOERv2KZwqaQT3RY4YgOxAhfaKhrGlJlgc5S36GS9CJBoC72wQAvD_BwE

Anyone else seen this or given it a shot? My hands are just not meant to claw and I'm tired of going through bumpers on the Scuf and Elite. Took a shot on this and so far I really do like it, hopefully the bumpers last longer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-wolverine-ultimate-for-xbox-one?gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9HS9CEgjk7QOERv2KZwqaQT3RY4YgOxAhfaKhrGlJlgc5S36GS9CJBoC72wQAvD_BwE

Anyone else seen this or given it a shot? My hands are just not meant to claw and I'm tired of going through bumpers on the Scuf and Elite. Took a shot on this and so far I really do like it, hopefully the bumpers last longer.

I used to use the Razer controllers back when the Onza first game out.

Overall, the extra features and mechanics they added into the controller were amazing, but the build quality was completely ass. The A and Y buttons on the controller just stopped working for me.  Returned it and got another, and the same thing happened again, except this time it was the A and X buttons.

The model you posted looks to be much better build quality than in the past versions of their controllers.

Battle Beaver and Cinch both offer extra buttons on S controllers. Haven't had any problems with the bumpers on the S controller after going through 1-2 every month on the Gen 2 controller.

Battle Beaver also has smart triggers which essentially change the trigger to a button. This was super good when AR starts were a thing, it doesn't matter much anymore. And they do increased stick tension which I know a lot of people like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to use the Razer controllers back when the Onza first game out.

Overall, the extra features and mechanics they added into the controller were amazing, but the build quality was completely ass. The A and Y buttons on the controller just stopped working for me.  Returned it and got another, and the same thing happened again, except this time it was the A and X buttons.

The model you posted looks to be much better build quality than in the past versions of their controllers.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of shit talking about Razer products. This did look like a more refined version of previous models and it cannot be any worse than the elite or scuf. If Scuf would start using the new One S model of controller they would have my business again, but the older model bumper is just crap. It's not even a matter of the plastic bumper breaking because those can be replaced, but the actual contact will short out too.

I never had an issue with my scuf bumpers, but the Elite bumper is like hanging off and the sticks are loose as shit. Then again, I've had it for well over a year now so that's probably why :/

EDIT: Also forgot to add that MLG emailed me asking for advice on the Halo API for some reason. Dunno why.

The MLG parts not real

You bitch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't been on here in a while but is there any evidence Mlg will be running Halo? I don't even know of this counts as another tease/ letdown when it seems like it is clearly WW2 news.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't been on here in a while but is there any evidence Mlg will be running Halo? I don't even know of this counts as another tease/ letdown when it seems like it is clearly WW2 news.

Just the "I got you" tweet 

EDIT: Also forgot to add that MLG emailed me asking for advice on the Halo API for some reason. Dunno why.

The MLG parts not real

you slut

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everybody wants MLG, so we're most certainly not getting them.

I have been thinking about this and honestly i want an MLG partnership (so they are overseeing the structural stuff, sending their "strike teams" etc) in a Major/Minor structure.  MLG runs a couple majors a year + worlds with UGC running 6 or so minors with MLG assistance.

Online 5k Seeding Cups on weekends

3 Minors, 1 major, break, repeat, break, Worlds

Edit: Every event is an open except for worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I have been thinking about this and honestly i want an MLG partnership (so they are overseeing the structural stuff, sending their "strike teams" etc) in a Major/Minor structure.  MLG runs a couple majors a year + worlds with UGC running 6 or so minors with MLG assistance.

Online 5k Seeding Cups on weekends

3 Minors, 1 major, break, repeat, break, Worlds

Edit: Every event is an open except for worlds. 

Didn't UGC have a bunch of payout issues?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What i don't get is why 343 doesn't have their World Championships at the end of the year. It would make a little bit more sense for MLG to be the tournament organizer then. Bring back the Pro Circuit and have the top 8 NA teams qualify after many events but instead of qualifying for the National Championship it would be for the HWC. 

Also seeding points for open events need to be a thing again. Pro League kinda put that as an afterthought. The format that 343 had for H2A was pretty good with their platinum, silver or whatever type tournaments. I think it needs to be brought back. 

The LAN server app can bring some possibilities for Open events. But imo if MLG is only here for an Open Event Regional Qualifier and HWC and that's it I'd rather not have them because any TO can do that. HCS needs a whole revamp of their format. Less online cups and more open events and that's where I believe MLG excels in and I think it's a waste for both parties if it's anything less than that.

I wasn't around too much for H2A but that seemed like a pretty good format with Open Event Seeding and points meaning more than online. 

• Upvote (+1) 3