CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Jesus Christ those prices are hilariously outrageous. Is all esports merch so grossly over priced?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Jesus Christ those prices are hilariously outrageous. Is all esports merch so grossly over priced?

It’s pretty normal compared to anyone else’s jerseys. OpTics jerseys used to be $80 before they got their sector6 clothing line.

I might add, the meta threads jerseys are made to order. They aren’t something that is overly mass produced and you are getting something quality that will last for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Menke's talents are wasted on a game that's played by 5000 players. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So im watching the Randa stream from last night and there was one point where they were saying, "yeah the pistol is a cross map lazer but with today's engines idk what you do about that" and im just thinking PROJECTILE PROJECTILE.  They don't even have to go Halo 3 slow with it, just slow it down so it takes like 3 frames to cross map on coli and reduce the bullet mag a tad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well my post from yesterday promising an interview at 50 upreps has reached 50 upreps. However, as you all can see, it took more than 24 hours for that goal to be reached, making me doubt the true interest in an interview with me. I think the only way I will be convinced that my interview is truly in the public interest is if the public votes with their rep. If this post gets 37 upreps, I will do the interview.

tqCqwEb.png

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 56

If this post gets literally 0 rep I will bring the old NavG back.

• Upvote (+1) 18
  • Downvote (-1) 18

So im watching the Randa stream from last night and there was one point where they were saying, "yeah the pistol is a cross map lazer but with today's engines idk what you do about that" and im just thinking PROJECTILE PROJECTILE.  They don't even have to go Halo 3 slow with it, just slow it down so it takes like 3 frames to cross map on coli and reduce the bullet mag a tad.

These geniuses are literally playing garbage like H3 MCC while saying that. What they want is a ludicrously inconsistent mess of a weapon that couldn't reliably hit the broad side of a barn at medium to long range that forces overbearing team shot meta (i.e. that classic Halo BR). What they apparently don't like about the H5 Magnum is that it's actually fairly consistent at range and H5, for all of its problems, actually empowers individuals to make plays on their own, which is why you don't see almost every single player on every H5 pro team who isn't using the sniper with as many assists as kills. "With today's engines" means "without poverty hit registration." Cross-map laser. lmfao. So, it actually works cross-map? Shocking. They are basically making the argument Bungie made in favor of H3 BR spread.

I'm also not convinced that switching to projectile is some magic bullet that would Make Halo Gunfights Great Again. For all the talk of leading shots in CE and 3, how many people actually consciously do that to any significant degree beyond extreme ranges in CE (which isn't really that hard)? It might as well be irrelevant in H3, because your weapon is so inconsistent anyway. What projectile is more likely to do as far as I'm concerned is increase uncertainty and inconsistency, because it's hard enough to be sure you hit your shots when you KNOW to bullet goes where you are aiming exactly when you pull the trigger.

Reduce aim assist, reduce magnetism, better aiming system. Hit-scan is good for precision weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I don't think the pistol is OP at long ranges but maybe I just have a different distance in mind? I'm thinking top carbine to Pink 3 on Truth.

I don't think the pistol is OP at long ranges but maybe I just have a different distance in mind? I'm thinkint top carbine to Pink 3 on Truth.

For us? It is not OP. For pros, it definitely can be.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For us? It is not OP. For pros, it definitely can be.

I guess I'm also thinking in the case of a battle between the two players. Shooting someone not looking at you is very easy (see:warzone)

Bro the same people literally love H2 lmao do you REALLY wanna talk about a cross map laser beam? Hell even the Reach DMR was more of a laser. I feel like we vastly overestimate the shooting skill in past titles. H5 long range battles feel way more difficult than pretty much every other 4v4 title. H3 is the exception since, you know, RNG. But h3 also had pretty low AA compared to the other games too so I'll give it that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Projectile is by no means a magic bullet. Its one tool that has been refused to be used properly.  And it doesn't even need to be Halo 3 level, but when is the last time projectile was actually done right in a Halo game? CE?

I want to see it, but i also want subtlety in the execution, not the heavy handed, painted with an elephant trunk nonsense we had in Halo 3

• Upvote (+1) 2

wait are the no sprint setting being tested rumor actually legit or are we being trolled again? :thinking:

wait are the no sprint setting being tested rumor actually legit or are we being trolled again? :thinking:

They're being tested by some people. Whether or not they end up being used is something else entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bro the same people literally love H2 lmao do you REALLY wanna talk about a cross map laser beam? Hell even the Reach DMR was more of a laser. I feel like we vastly overestimate the shooting skill in past titles. H5 long range battles feel way more difficult than pretty much every other 4v4 title. H3 is the exception since, you know, RNG. But h3 also had pretty low AA compared to the other games too so I'll give it that.

Not Halo 5 on PC. The aiming is smooth. Zero heavy aim. It's real easy to cross map with most weapons.

I cannot imagine how great it would feel on LAN.

Not Halo 5 on PC. The aiming is smooth. Zero heavy aim. It's real easy to cross map with most weapons.

I cannot imagine how great it would feel on LAN.

But how is that different than the games I mentioned? H2 literally aims for you with a giant reticle and insane headshot prioritization. Way easier to map people.

It’s pretty normal compared to anyone else’s jerseys. OpTics jerseys used to be $80 before they got their sector6 clothing line.

I might add, the meta threads jerseys are made to order. They aren’t something that is overly mass produced and you are getting something quality that will last for a while.

Guess I'm just cheap. I can't stomach $60 for a tshirt or $70 for a hoodie. I'll stick to my Walmart hoodies and free t-shirts that I've collected from various jobs and charity events and giveaways.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guess I'm just cheap. I can't stomach $60 for a tshirt or $70 for a hoodie. I'll stick to my Walmart hoodies and free t-shirts that I've collected from various jobs and charity events and giveaways.

The older I get, the less I care about cool clothes. Most expensive recent purchase was a Final Boss hoodie because, well, Final Boss.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The single biggest reason Halo 5 sucks right now is the people playing it. Everybody is either in party chat or they're not and they're total douches. There is no middle.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My question is, does Menke’s system take into account latency and heavy aim? Playing on my “main” getting thrashed by a to4. I can’t aim because it feels “heavy” and everything (the game in general) feels super unresponsive. Switch accounts match the same to4 and proceed to thrash them for five games because I can actually aim and the game feels responsive. The only difference was the account change. How does Menke’s system factor in something 343 has said they can’t quantitatively identify(heavy aim)?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well my post from yesterday promising an interview at 50 upreps has reached 50 upreps. However, as you all can see, it took more than 24 hours for that goal to be reached, making me doubt the true interest in an interview with me. I think the only way I will be convinced that my interview is truly in the public interest is if the public votes with their rep. If this post gets 37 upreps, I will do the interview.

tqCqwEb.png

gAM20yc.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6