CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's definitely real

Its not josh though?

but shit i need to eat a hat apparently.  Checked waypoint.  There must be a glitch when a bunch of categories = 0..

or the more likely explanation is that the population is so low that even shit tier players are in the top 200 haha

Its not josh though?

but shit i need to eat a hat apparently.  Checked waypoint.  There must be a glitch when a bunch of categories = 0..

or the more likely explanation is that the population is so low that even shit tier players are in the top 200 haha

It's not josh, it's Woodge's alt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not josh though?

Yeah i dont think that is josh's account but the rank is real lol

To be fair my site fails if you look up that profile, probably something dividing by 0.

Listen to Dad.

Joshs response to people deranking makes sense.

What response?

What response?

The gist of it is that the system detected he was smurfing/throwing games and ignored his placement matches this season, and instead put him where he was last season.

If I understand correctly. It's in his Twitter replies.

The gist of it is that the system detected he was smurfing/throwing games and ignored his placement matches this season, and instead put him where he was last season.

So what you're telling me, is that if I throw my placement matches I'll be guaranteed my mmr from the previous season?

Brilliant. Love placement matches.

• Upvote (+1) 8

soooo....then whats the point of placements? i understand previous mmr having an influence but if it leaves no room for variance from that then there is no point of having them 

So what would be logical step be if it detects you throwing on a new account?  I would say mid-plat placement.

I think the system can take your performance from other playlists and extrapolate from there, so getting a high placement on an account that you only played social on makes sense if it detects that you are throwing and you just crush in any other playlist you play but... You should never land in Champ.  Previously highest placement was Onyx 1700, so that should clearly be where you land. Seems like there is a bug that bypasses the 1700 CSR cap?

So what would be logical step be if it detects you throwing on a new account?  I would say mid-plat placement.

I think the system can take your performance from other playlists and extrapolate from there, so getting a high placement on an account that you only played social on makes sense if it detects that you are throwing and you just crush in any other playlist you play but... You should never land in Champ.  Previously highest placement was Onyx 1700, so that should clearly be where you land. Seems like there is a bug that bypasses the 1700 CSR cap?

He said they'll likely put the 1700 cap back soon

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds like Microsoft/343 need to write another doctoral thesis on this  :kappa:

Sounds like they need to tweak 2 settings.

I dont understand the issue here (beyond the "are placements even good" question).  People are purposefully trying to game the system, and the system is accurately detecting these people and subverting their plans.  And this is a bad thing how?  sure they need to turn the dial a little to make sure you don't place right in champ, but that's a minor detail in the bigger picture.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Sounds like they need to tweak 2 settings.

I dont understand the issue here (beyond the "are placements even good" question).  People are purposefully trying to game the system, and the system is accurately detecting these people and subverting their plans.  And this is a bad thing how?  sure they need to turn the dial a little to make sure you don't place right in champ, but that's a minor detail in the bigger picture.

i guess it could be an interesting punishment to place diamond players who want to trow to bronze to crush them for clips and fuck them over by putting them in champ and letting them get crushed to oblivion

There's nothing they can do to stop smurfing lol you can literally make infinite accounts. Microsoft fucked themselves with that addition. Sure they can make it a little harder to do but free unlimited accounts makes it soooooooooooooo easy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If we’re being real, Menke doesn’t deserve half the shit he gets. He’s too smart to be working on H5 in the current state it’s in.

Conversely, H5 doesn’t really need special matchmaking systems. It’s a totally unnecessary relationship

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm sure Menke is a really intelligent guy and great at what he does but Halo 5 ranked pvp has probably given me the worst ranked experience of just about any FPS I've played. So many issues.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That hoodie is calling my name. Gonna wait abit and make sure the Tox brand is sticking around for longer than just this past Worlds though.

• Upvote (+1) 1