CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wasn't lethul supposed to stream last week?

He needs to prioritize his forum posting over playing Halo. Hasn't won a tournament since he distracted himself from forum posting.

• Upvote (+1) 7

*snip*

Play 8s with friends/people from here? Wager games with competitive people is awesome. Keep creating smurfs? You're not forced to just keep getting pounded by pros, you have options. There are ways around the issue if you really want to have fun on the game. Halo is at the end of the longest period between releases EVER in the franchise. If it were Halo 2 or 3 we might be okay but with MCC still being broken and Halo 5 being massively different from anything we've seen before (not to mention serious issues with inconsistent aiming) our population is suffering. Also we are hemorrhaging diehard fans thanks to silence on the esports front. This is another rough patch but things will look up once MCC gets its big fix, word starts getting out about more online/LAN tournaments and teasers for Halo 6 begin to leak. As for your question, I enjoy the hell out of the Halo 3 Throwback and I played the crap out of the FFA playlist hitting high Onyx in order to win my Microsoft Store LAN. I've been down this road too many times to say I'm "out of touch". History repeats itself. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone think there will be another season of HCS this year?

I think it would be silly to do nothing. Gotta maintain their growth/community so there's momentum heading into H6. I hope and pray that it isn't Halo 5 though. Its hard to describe how much happier I was when I just gave up on H5 and played semi broken versions of Halo I actually do enjoy on MCC. Honestly I think a lot of people would have the same experience if they gave it a try. There are a lot of things I do think are good or enjoy about H5 but in the end it just doesn't feel like I'm playing Halo

Halo is at the end of the longest period between releases EVER in the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thankfully for you guys I’m not planning on growing or improving as a person for a while now.

aWlLx_s-200x150.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem isn't playing good people. It's playing full parties of good people while solo. you know, the same issue once launch that hasn't been addressed at all and the single biggest reason why ranks mean nothing. I'll play pros any day of the week if they were all in the same party size as me.

Add to that 3 team mates, who don't have mics, not listen to call outs, and lacking any decent decision making. They might be able to crush plats and diamonds, but when I'm playing against pros and my team doesn't even seem to know basics strats, like going for power ups, it gets pretty gruesome. 

I go even or a little positive in most of these games, which I guess means I don't suck complete ass, but I play like 15 hours a week, not 15 hours a day while getting paid to do so. Plus, literally no one I know plays this game anymore, people never want to party up (I probably wouldn't anyways simply based off no mic), its just extremely frustrating. 

Its like WoW arena for me right now, I have a 2300 3's rating and I play Method every other game, just loses the fun lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

He needs to prioritize his forum posting over playing Halo. Hasn't won a tournament since he distracted himself from forum posting.

bowl cut lethul > hipster lethul

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I know is I used to be semi-decent at Halo 5 (not compared to people on this site, but in general). Was basically low Onyx to upper diamond in pretty much every playlist for the 1st year or so. Then I stopped playing reguarly and would come back every few months for a week weeks to play with some buddies and the game still thought I was really good even tho I was only like gold-plat level at that point. Had to make a smurf to have fun games with friends because it would base our parties strength on how good I used to be, instead of how good I currently was and how bad my buddies were.

This is the perfect argument for rank and skill decay. If they capped it at like 1.5 ranks over say a 3 month period starting 2 weeks after your last play time, you would have come back in mid-low plat and probably been OK.

Thankfully for you guys I’m not planning on growing or improving as a person for a while now.

Or just ever thanks.

Why did they ruined FFA? Like seriously..who's idea was it to go back to ARS, brute rifles,etc?? It was fun with just pistok starts,now im just annoyed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why did they ruined FFA? Like seriously..who's idea was it to go back to ARS, brute rifles,etc?? It was fun with just pistok starts,now im just annoyed.

Because nobody was playing it.  The numbers don't lie.  It was never a popular playlist, but it was always more popular than Grifball, and the last 2 updates the HWC FFA fell below grifball. which is sad and honestly says more about H5 in general than the playlist specifically.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to be selfish and say I hope it is another season of H5, otherwise I'd be taking HDH down as it would have zero purpose lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to be selfish and say I hope it is another season of H5, otherwise I'd be taking HDH down as it would have zero purpose lol

H6 will likely have just as good if not better API's though?

• Upvote (+1) 1

H6 will likely have just as good if not better API's though?

Hopefully

Really hope that podcast actually materializes, there tends to be a lot of false statements when it comes to YT/Streaming/podcasts etc lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@NavG123 it's your time to shine, bud.

First one i would want to listen to would be an interview with @@Clap.

Really hope that podcast actually materializes, there tends to be a lot of false statements when it comes to YT/Streaming/podcasts etc lol

Same.  I don't think people say stuff like this without meaning to do it. I think they just underestimate the amount of work/time it takes to run something like that consistently. @@GoldenboyFTW has been doing this kind of stuff long enough I bet he has a good idea of what it will take to materialize.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don’t know... I just don’t think there would be enough people interested in me to tune in. If you disagree and would like to see my interview, drop me a +rep. If this post gets 50 up reps I will do the interview.

Looking forward to the interview! :D

I don’t know... I just don’t think there would be enough people interested in me to tune in. If you disagree and would like to see my interview, drop me a +rep. If this post gets 50 up reps I will do the interview.

Anyone who downvotes this post, I'll block the shit out of you.

/s 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Much respect to @@LethuL, he's actually been a lot more reserved and just generally focused on self-care over the last year.  Before, he seemed to be nonchalant about everything, and would usually just troll or countertroll when anyone said anything of any sort of an attack towards him.  Nowadays, he spends less time posting on forums, less time on social media, and more time focusing on what makes Tony Campbell, Jr. a happy individual.

It's good growth for the man.

That said, I fucking miss Savage Sarcasm Troll Lethul.  He was a hell of an entertainer.

You could of just said, "he got a girlfriend and moved in with her." 

Because that's what happened 

• Upvote (+1) 7