CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is pretty late, but did anybody else not get their Voices of War Req Pack from watching the Finals on Mixer? 

I linked my Mixer account to my Microsoft Account and have yet to get it. Appreciate any help!

I contacted the Xbox Support on their forum and got the in the next 24 hours. I read somewhere that it's only possible until April 29th - not sure about it though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is pretty late, but did anybody else not get their Voices of War Req Pack from watching the Finals on Mixer?

I linked my Mixer account to my Microsoft Account and have yet to get it. Appreciate any help!

Go to xbox.com/mixpot and sign in with your microsoft account, then create a thread saying you watched the stream but didn‘t get the pack.

I got my code via xbl message about 3 days later

• Upvote (+1) 1

I contacted the Xbox Support on their forum and got the in the next 24 hours. I read somewhere that it's only possible until April 29th - not sure about it though. 

Go to xbox.com/mixpot and sign in with your microsoft account, then create a thread saying you watched the stream but didn‘t get the pack.

I got my code via xbl message about 3 days later

I just remembered about this as well. I tweeted out to @@Tashi to see if he can help out.

I made a post as suggested so will be waiting patiently.

Gracias amigos.

So, anyone else hoping there’ll be some northeast events this year?

• Upvote (+1) 9

Halo 5 is so fucking unplayable man. Not the gameplay, the playlist and population just make matchmaking a nightmare. For Diamond/Onyx players, the HCS playlist currently is just you  getting shit on by Rob the Turtle, Demon D, and Nebula. They, along with about 11 other people, make up the playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LMFAO pretty much, I was playing at D3 and I matched with MQSE 8 times in a row, like for real? I see D33MON D every other game, and occasionally Spartan and a few others will come in and shit on me lol. Im starting to go like 8 and 8 in these games though, getting better lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 5 is so fucking unplayable man. Not the gameplay, the playlist and population just make matchmaking a nightmare. For Diamond/Onyx players, the HCS playlist currently is just you  getting shit on by Rob the Turtle, Demon D, and Nebula. They, along with about 11 other people, make up the playlist.

LMFAO pretty much, I was playing at D3 and I matched with MQSE 8 times in a row, like for real? I see D33MON D every other game, and occasionally Spartan and a few others will come in and shit on me lol. Im starting to go like 8 and 8 in these games though, getting better lmao

Per Menke, Trueskill 2 just went live in all ranked playlists. Hopefully that will help decrease the amount of games you guys get like this. Beyond%20Smiley.png​ 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I play nebula and demon d in like every game. I know the outcome of my games before they even start just based on teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made a post as suggested so will be waiting patiently.

Gracias amigos.

I went to the forum to make a post there as well but looking at some of the other posts it looks like they wont be offering any help.  :(

This is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Sack up. This is a competitive playlist and you are complaining on the #1 competitive website?

No one improves playing people of lesser skill. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 14

My question is, why is this dude grinding so much? Worlds is over, we don't know jack shit about the future (as usual). What if by some miracle h6 is announced and released this fall?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My question is, why is this dude grinding so much? Worlds is over, we don't know jack shit about the future (as usual). What if by some miracle h6 is announced and released this fall?

Because, you know, some people like H5? Yeah, surprising...

Demon D said H5 is his favorite Halo, so good for him to grind. At least he isn't smurfing like most. I agree population is extremely low at high rank and sometimes you just play the same people over and over. It's been like that for months, you get used to it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem isn't playing good people. It's playing full parties of good people while solo. you know, the same issue once launch that hasn't been addressed at all and the single biggest reason why ranks mean nothing. I'll play pros any day of the week if they were all in the same party size as me.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The problem isn't playing good people. It's playing full parties of good people while solo. you know, the same issue once launch that hasn't been addressed at all and the single biggest reason why ranks mean nothing. I'll play pros any day of the week if they were all in the same party size as me.

I miss the days when matching parties of 3 were the most you would get by yourself but I understand why it is the way it is now. The population can't support it.

All I know is I used to be semi-decent at Halo 5 (not compared to people on this site, but in general). Was basically low Onyx to upper diamond in pretty much every playlist for the 1st year or so. Then I stopped playing reguarly and would come back every few months for a week weeks to play with some buddies and the game still thought I was really good even tho I was only like gold-plat level at that point. Had to make a smurf to have fun games with friends because it would base our parties strength on how good I used to be, instead of how good I currently was and how bad my buddies were.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I miss the days when matching parties of 3 were the most you would get by yourself but I understand why it is the way it is now. The population can't support it.

u matched party of 3 in halo 3 but you'd have a team of 3 on your team so it balanced out. i remember searching party of 3, i'd say half the time it came down to who had the better random lol. for the most part u just matched solos and 2s.

the population can't support it. I still played halo 3 all through reach and halo 4. The population then was worse than h5 now. It wasn't the same as year 1-3 halo3, but it was still good and worked fine for the most part. It's just teams of 3s would never find a game because they can only match other teams of 3, that's what went first. So what did everyone do? they just didn't search party of 3s in ranked lol. 

Anyone have a chance to try the new trueskill ranks? I'm away from my Xbox for the next couple weeks so I can't try it. Initial reactions on twitter don't look good though.

Anyone have a chance to try the new trueskill ranks? I'm away from my Xbox for the next couple weeks so I can't try it. Initial reactions on twitter don't look good though.

I'm just playing the exact same 30/40 people as always. I don't think it can work or change much with this low population unfortunately
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Esports can be a difficult space, or extremely lucrative. 

You have several options as a team to monetize your brand:

- Marketing & selling Sponsorship Decks /  Brand placement to companies (largest source of revenue, generally.)

- Selling team branded apparel & merchandise (Generally either a complete flop or a complete money farming machine, depending on the team)

- Organizations occasionally will have communities & websites that they monetize (adverts, selling space, etc.) I.E. Team Liquid is a great example.

- Organizations create a stream team on top of their actual competitors - so that they can sell / market additional packages to sponsors.

- Prize Money cut back to the organization.

So lets say I am an investor on an esports team, and they are nailing everything above. I will probably see a great ROI, depending upon the sponsorship decks they are selling, and to whom. If you can land a non-endemic endorsement (lets say, from Geico, Chipotle, etc) they usually come with huge payouts just to make a massive entrance into the space, and they also tend to have a larger budget than endemic gaming companies (generally). The big ROI/Payout as an investor will/should come when you see NBA/MLB/NHL/NFL owners starting to enter the esports space and buying up teams.

Here is a few examples of this taking place:

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/17651274/team-liquid-sells-controlling-interest-golden-state-warriors-co-owner

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/17637299/76ers-acquire-esports-teams-dignitas-apex

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/15000505/shaquille-oneal-alex-rodriguez-jimmy-rollins-invest-nrg-esports-teams

Hope that helps  :simms:

Awesome response Saucey, thanks very much.

• Upvote (+1) 2