CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hit a tasty KILLTAC in the Halo World Championship Playlist last night.   :ace: 

If you posted this in the old days you would have been mocked, just saying.

Tighten your standards, sheesh.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 21

Not everyone is a pro. :) This was just an exciting moment for me that I thought I would share with you all.

Alright maybe I was a bit harsh.  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 6

You're not incorrect, but there's zero reason to post it.  :Toxic:  :Toxic:  :Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I could neg this more than once.

• Upvote (+1) 5

we are 2 weeks out from worlds at this point...when are we going to hear anything about whats next

• Upvote (+1) 7

we are 2 weeks out from worlds at this point...when are we going to hear anything about whats next

I really have no idea man...and it makes me sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't so much of an HCS question as a general esports question because I was thinking about it on my ride home from work - how the hell do investors recoup their investments in this type of space? It's one thing if they take a cut from a streamer, for instance how TSM Viss and Shroud (used to) stream for organizations and I'm sure they help sell merch so there's the advertisement aspect there as well as likely giving a cut up to the organization. Is it prize money? What if the team sucks for a few events (before they get dropped) and don't earn anything? Just money into the fire? I'm so curious about this, so any insight anyone has here would be incredible.

We have some Halo news dropping this week :)

:fire:  :ace:  :fire:  :ace:

We have some Halo news dropping this week :)

Keeping my fingers crossed you're going to start running MCC H2 and H3 tournaments, maybe even a H1 for kicks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't HCS related, but it is Halo 5 related. I can't completely disclose what I and many others have been brewing, but I can give you a hint in the form of a picture.

WrJqQkv.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

This isn't so much of an HCS question as a general esports question because I was thinking about it on my ride home from work - how the hell do investors recoup their investments in this type of space? It's one thing if they take a cut from a streamer, for instance how TSM Viss and Shroud (used to) stream for organizations and I'm sure they help sell merch so there's the advertisement aspect there as well as likely giving a cut up to the organization. Is it prize money? What if the team sucks for a few events (before they get dropped) and don't earn anything? Just money into the fire? I'm so curious about this, so any insight anyone has here would be incredible.

I'd imagine the most direct avenue is sponsorship from larger brands and some of that trickles down to the players. Its probably running at a loss until they're big enough to demand enough money for their advertising space. Basically most investors probably do not recoup their investments outside of the very successful orgs

So when is the announcement of two H2A seasons to bridge the gap to Halo 6? @@Tashi I know you want to tell us.

The biggest issue with H2A is the overwhelming bullet magnetism. It's almost impossible to miss with the BR and it makes anything less than a perfect connection the biggest disadvantage ever.

• Upvote (+1) 4

shoutout to @TheSimms for putting this together for me and signing it, and to @Sandman for mailing it 

fPTgkOu.jpg

J1MZSUB.jpg

thank you @Wonderboy, @Onset, @GoldenboyFTW, @Tashi, @Gaskin, @ske7ch, @Bravo, @StrongSide, @GrimBrother One, @GH057ayame, and everyone else who signed this for me. this is amazing and I can't thank you enough. this truly means the world to me. you guys are the reason i love halo and being a part of this community

Glad it made to ya! :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keeping my fingers crossed you're going to start running MCC H2 and H3 tournaments, maybe even a H1 for kicks.

Would be hype for this but would very very much want them to wait for the patched MCC, hit registration across all MCC games rn is too bad imo.

This is pretty late, but did anybody else not get their Voices of War Req Pack from watching the Finals on Mixer? 
I linked my Mixer account to my Microsoft Account and have yet to get it. Appreciate any help!

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is pretty late, but did anybody else not get their Voices of War Req Pack from watching the Finals on Mixer? 

I linked my Mixer account to my Microsoft Account and have yet to get it. Appreciate any help!

Got mine. See if you can download it when you go to manage games?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got mine. See if you can download it when you go to manage games?

No dice. Did we have to type something in the chat or anything like that? I was pumped to hear Nathan Fillion.

No dice. Did we have to type something in the chat or anything like that? I was pumped to hear Nathan Fillion.

Just had to be watching with a connected account during the grand finals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2 and H3 were filled with one-months and smurfs, and were insanely popular; I'm not sure it's really that big of a deal.  Matchmaking is way too tight in H5 anyway ... I miss H3 multi-team and H:R squad slayer 

Back then if you wanted to smurf you had to actually BUY a new account. The problem in H5 is the XB1, you can literally make unlimited smurfs accounts for free.

No idea why Microsoft never thought that was gonna be a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just remembered about this as well. I tweeted out to @@Tashi to see if he can help out.

• Upvote (+1) 1