CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They just got a huge $1.5mil investment so i doubt it

Well they just dropped their CS team to help fund LCS.

(Although that team was also very bad.)

Every time i jump on H5 to play abit of halo i literally cannot find a game on multiple playlists, i have a friend who was a massive halo player in H3/reach download the game through the game pass yesterday and we both hopped on to play. We was on for like 45 mins and managed to find only 1 game. it was just embaressing i didnt know what to say to him.

Btw i have been looking for a match in FFA while typing this and just got the "not enough players to support game" message right this second. Are our numbers really so low that i literally cant play?

Every time i jump on H5 to play abit of halo i literally cannot find a game on multiple playlists, i have a friend who was a massive halo player in H3/reach download the game through the game pass yesterday and we both hopped on to play. We was on for like 45 mins and managed to find only 1 game. it was just embaressing i didnt know what to say to him.

Btw i have been looking for a match in FFA while typing this and just got the "not enough players to support game" message right this second. Are our numbers really so low that i literally cant play?

It's gotten worse for me over the years, but I still can find games within like 2 or 3 minutes. Are you playing at random times? You can tweet at Josh Menke with your gamertag, when you were searching, etc, and he might be able to let you know if it was just bad timing or if there were other factors at play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Fortnite on console/PC can have a metric on the screen at all times that displays upstream bandwidth, ping, packets sent/received, and packet loss, all in real-time, there is literally no reason that H5 shouldn't/couldn't have at least some sort of ping/bandwidth metric that displays in real time on the back button. I genuinely don't understand why after three years this isn't something they have put into the game. I'm honestly more astonished that it wasn't in the game day one. Sad.

• Upvote (+1) 5

1.5 million isn't even a year's worth of costs for a LoL team though.

Especially if they're doing franchising for next season, that's basically a tenth of what it'd cost for a spot if NA is anything to go by.

It's gotten worse for me over the years, but I still can find games within like 2 or 3 minutes. Are you playing at random times? You can tweet at Josh Menke with your gamertag, when you were searching, etc, and he might be able to let you know if it was just bad timing or if there were other factors at play.

7-8 PM on a sunday night (live in the uk) i was searching in the ffa playlist. Managed to find a couple of games in swat after failing to in quick play also. I havent got twitter so cannot do that unfortunately

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

https://www.twitch.tv/saly4n

Saiyan is running a lobby with custom settings. Other than the standard no sprint/upped movement speed, one interesting thing he's trying out (idk if a lot of people have tested this before) is lowering "clamber speed to 80%" to penalize using clamber without taking it out.

The problem i have with the test settings is that there is no way in hell that 343 will turn off any of the abilities.  Its just not going to happen.  seems like wasted effort.  We can't test REAL settings changes since we can't mess with individual damage values for weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://www.twitch.tv/saly4n

Saiyan is running a lobby with custom settings. Other than the standard no sprint/upped movement speed, one interesting thing he's trying out (idk if a lot of people have tested this before) is lowering "clamber speed to 80%" to penalize using clamber without taking it out.

It’s odd to me that there is so much depth in settings/options and so little willingness to test them openly (I have no idea what happens behind the scenes).

I think I'm the only one that doesn't generally have issues finding games.

I find games just fine in the HCS playlist, but that's all I play so idk about other playlists. I do face the same 50 people every time I play though lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Aaron is a national treasure. He’s in Hawaii.

According to Aaron he's a multi-national treasure.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I find games just fine in the HCS playlist, but that's all I play so idk about other playlists. I do face the same 50 people every time I play though lol.

I have barely played H5 in the last year or so. I didnt want to jump into the main competitive playlist and be a potential detriment to my team while i was still getting into the swing of it again lol. I might just have to try the HCS playlist next time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It’s odd to me that there is so much depth in settings/options and so little willingness to test them openly (I have no idea what happens behind the scenes).

I remember my reaction when they announced sprint was staying but you could toggle it off was “well that won’t get used.” It’s a shame that out of the box all this stuff is enabled, especially because I’m doubtful they tested for potential better default settings with various things on/off once they were added.

Maybe instead of pushing for them to remove things like sprint we should apply the same logic they used to instead ask for stuff to be turned off by default with the option to enable it. #ReverseTheToggles

• Upvote (+1) 2

meme

I made something extremely similar to this for meme Monday, but ended up going with a different format.

And it took about 10 minutes to be removed by an overbearing mod, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made something extremely similar to this for meme Monday, but ended up going with a different format.

And it took about 10 minutes to be removed by an overbearing mod, lol.

It was going to be my Meme Monday entry but I decided to go with this instead.

9hvh_CLde-_B3D6B7UT30r_mrvaS7rthkz3D_A5-

Don't think it's going to beat my Gru HTT Meme. I peaked to early.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1