CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I play on a smurf because I want to play with my IRL mate who isnt very good at the game.

You don't need to smurf though. The ranking system will take care of that matching you against players who have an avg skill comparable to your team. This excuse doesn't work. I play with golds and I'm a diamond. We play plats usually not diamonds or people my skill level.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You don't need to smurf though. The ranking system will take care of that matching you against players who have an avg skill comparable to your team. This excuse doesn't work. I play with golds and I'm a diamond. We play plats usually not diamonds or people my skill level.

Average skill could still lead to the worse player having a bad time. If you're the Smurf in this situation it's not a big deal if you play accordingly. Just because you're playing on a second tag doesn't necessarily mean you're being abusive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you put on your stinkiest sweat socks and ruin the game for the other team or just chill with your buds?

I'm mostly coding or trying to play like Shotzzy (which I obv cant) so Im not sweating it out.

Not from my experience, especially with the EU player base being so low. I find us playing the same people I would normally on my main, which isnt enjoyable. Switching to a smurf alleviates that for the most part. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2 and H3 were filled with one-months and smurfs, and were insanely popular; I'm not sure it's really that big of a deal.  Matchmaking is way too tight in H5 anyway ... I miss H3 multi-team and H:R squad slayer 

• Upvote (+1) 3

A system like rb6 siege or overwatch where you have to achieve a certain level before you can play ranked would go a long way towards getting rid of the problem of smurfing. Iirc it took about 36 hours to reach level 25 in overwatch to play ranked and about 24 hours in rb6 to reach level 20. A lot of people simply wouldn't bother doing this to play against lower skilled players.

That's essentially putting a band-aid on the larger problem though. Smurfs are still a massive problem on Overwatch, regardless of whether they're trying their ass off, one tricking some new hero, or just strait up throwing. If Overwatch proves anything, it's that time constraints don't really affect people who want to smurf. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’d like to see an objective or flag mode in social playlist. Also just get rid of Arena since we have HCS and bring back a duel playlist(1v1). Sometimes I don’t feel like having to rely on team mates and want to control my own destiny.

I’d like to see an objective or flag mode in social playlist. Also just get rid of Arena since we have HCS and bring back a duel playlist(1v1). Sometimes I don’t feel like having to rely on team mates and want to control my own destiny.

1v1's don't work in H5 you doofus.

I'm mostly coding or trying to play like Shotzzy (which I obv cant) so Im not sweating it out.

Yeah i kind of figured. That kind of play isn't going to screw with MM.  Back when i had friends that still played this game i would do shit like play on ten sense or nades-and-melees only when i played with them on an alt.  Its not the mere existence of alt tags that is the problem, its the sweaty smurphs that try to hard carry every game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is a certain spectrum of ranks in this game in which it is just impossible to play solo or even duo and have fun. Mid Diamond-Mid Onyx, at non peak times, is absolute hell for a solo player. You match up against pros and semi pros (who make up an unprecedented percentage of the playlist population currently) teamed up for 40% of your games with usually randoms on your own team. There's just not enough people playing. Smurfing sucks but I get it for people who don't want to destroy their main accounts rank when friends aren't online.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A system like rb6 siege or overwatch where you have to achieve a certain level before you can play ranked would go a long way towards getting rid of the problem of smurfing. Iirc it took about 36 hours to reach level 25 in overwatch to play ranked and about 24 hours in rb6 to reach level 20. A lot of people simply wouldn't bother doing this to play against lower skilled players.

that kind of system doesnt stop smurfing in games like LoL. you just then have people who smurf through those initial levels and kill the fun for new players or you create an economy of selling smurf accounts

Neighbor streaming H2 8s on MCC 

https://www.twitch.tv/masoncobb

I wish they'd have a season or two of classic Halo 2 on the HCS circuit to fill the gap until H6. Can you imagine a million dollar Halo 2 tournament? I feel like players would storm out of the woodwork to LAN H2 again.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2 is such a good game it is so entertaining to watch neighbor play competitive 8s. I really hope Halo 6 is this fun to watch and play.

H2 and H3 were filled with one-months and smurfs, and were insanely popular; I'm not sure it's really that big of a deal. Matchmaking is way too tight in H5 anyway ... I miss H3 multi-team and H:R squad slayer

H5 multi team was fun too, and a good way to just kill shit without worry. They got rid of it though
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1v1s in H5 lul

Even an indie alternative like Halo Online with classic game-play are shut down like a virus before they are allowed to spread because this regime has proven time and time again they want you playing their vision of Halo and NOTHING else.

Yeah, that's exactly why they didn't shout out Installation 01, and why H:O totally wasn't shut down because of some assets that were not released publicly. They just hate classic Halo is all.

• Upvote (+1) 2