CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You really can't take this game too seriously. Like 300 people play HCS. I say we get real weird with it in its last year. Let's throw Molten and Riptide in too and see what happens.

Honestly though, there's something to be said for "fuck it, hold my beer" with this most recent update.  Just see what sticks.  What works, what doesn't, and what should be adjusted going into H6.

Honestly though, there's something to be said for "fuck it, hold my beer" with this most recent update.  Just see what sticks.  What works, what doesn't, and what should be adjusted going into H6.

That's pretty much how 343 already operates. Random, nonsensical changes with no coherent rationale. Like tuning the GUNFIGHTER MAGNUM. What exactly is the benefit of this approach over using your brain and fixing what actually needs to be fixed?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's pretty much how 343 already operates. Random, nonsensical changes with no coherent rationale. Like tuning the GUNFIGHTER MAGNUM. What exactly is the benefit of this approach over using your brain and fixing what actually needs to be fixed?

I'm with you on that.  I'm just essentially writing off H5 at this point (barring an MLG TO announcement) and just want them to do random shit so we can say "NO DON'T DO THAT YOU MORONS" if they try something ridiculous again. 

Snip3down, Mikwen/Ola, Shotzzy, Renegade.

Now that's a scary team.

Scary teams cant beat optic tho.

Edit : Consistently.

I would like to see Ace, TB, Lunchbox (if he isn't retiring with roy), and Stellur on a team. I think they could be one of those teams to come out of nowhere and win a tournament, kinda like how Splyce did at summer finals. 

Are the Splyce skins out yet? 

Are the Splyce skins out yet? 

nah not yet

the str8 skins come out on the 21st and the splyce skins come out december 5th

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you don't think BR nostalgia is a thing for viewers you're crazy.

Of course it's a thing. it's a thing for viewers who have no business having input on comp settings. Especially those who think the way a gun sounds takes priority over RNG spread effecting your ability to shoot straight.

this is nothing new, i'm not going regurgitate what's been said here for years.

• Upvote (+1) 6

nah not yet

the str8 skins come out on the 21st and the splyce skins come out december 5th

Damn it

In the great dmr vs br h4 starting weapon debate, i was and still am Team Dmr

90% of my reasoning is because it doesnt sound like shit.

As good of a reason as any. Lol. Of course, I've never thought any of the BR sounds have sounded particularly good. So the DMR doesn't really have to do much to sound better.

Regardless though, single shot weapons will always be better than burst.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Of course it's a thing. it's a thing for viewers who have no business having input on comp settings. Especially those who think the way a gun sounds takes priority over RNG spread effecting your ability to shoot straight.

this is nothing new, i'm not going regurgitate what's been said here for years.

Viewers dictate the direction of the game competitively in the world today because guess what? It's not just about the competition anymore, this is an entertainment industry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Viewers dictate the direction of the game competitively in the world today because guess what? It's not just about the competition anymore, this is an entertainment industry.

The more competitive it is, the more entertaining it is.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The more competitive it is, the more entertaining it is.

Not necessarily otherwise Starcraft would be the most watched game.

Am I on Waypoint right now? Who gives a fuck how the weapon LOOKS? I'm half expecting "The Magnum isa side arm, the Assault Rifle SHOULD be better" at this point. Shit, they could literally reskin the magnum to look like the BR for all I care, as long as it isn't the joke of a weapon the new tuning BR is.

You're on a forum built around the competitive side of this series in a thread filled mostly with "viewers" of the game. I am so fucking tired of people arguing for absolutely moronic bullshit with the sole, tenable justification being that it's "better" for some nonspecific, unquantified group of shallow idiots who apparently should dictate fundamental elements of competitive tuning. You're saying that making the game play worse in tournaments would be good because random idiots might feel nostalgic seeing a BR on screen and... watch more? How much more? Based on WHAT data? What is this vague group of potential viewers that you're imagining that would suddenly be way more interested in watching this game because the weapon players are holding looks different? I watch competitive FPS games too and you know what I like to see on screen? Skillful gunfights with consistent weapons.

​Be honest. It's YOUR nostalgia. And YOU like seeing the BR on screen.

You need to calm yourself and put in a new tampon. These aren't my personal beliefs or feelings. I want the game to be as competitive as possible, but people won't tune in unless it's entertaining. And ya, the way things look can make a huge difference to casual viewers. I could care less what they use as I think halo 5 is a piece of shit through and through and no matter what they do to it, it will remain a piece of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Am I on Waypoint right now? Who gives a fuck how the weapon LOOKS? I'm half expecting "The Magnum isa side arm, the Assault Rifle SHOULD be better" at this point. Shit, they could literally reskin the magnum to look like the BR for all I care, as long as it isn't the joke of a weapon the new tuning BR is.

yeah, I fucking HATE this argument.  Its a sci-fi shooter set in 2500 where you are playing an enhanced, power armor wearing super soldier fighting aliens and shit and the one piece of "realism" people worry about is that "but the magnum is JUST A SIDEARM"

That's up there with "lore should inform gameplay".  no. You make good gameplay then if you want, tack some lore shit on top.  its a made up universe, you can make whatever argument you want.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One mans shit is another man's entertainment. 

One man's shit is another man's compost

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah, I fucking HATE this argument.  Its a sci-fi shooter set in 2500 where you are playing an enhanced, power armor wearing super soldier fighting aliens and shit and the one piece of "realism" people worry about is that "but the magnum is JUST A SIDEARM"

That's up there with "lore should inform gameplay".  no. You make good gameplay then if you want, tack some lore shit on top.  its a made up universe, you can make whatever argument you want.

But I'm playing as a super soldier I should be able to sprint! 

/s

• Upvote (+1) 3

But I'm playing as a super soldier I should be able to sprint! 

/s

haha exactly!

and the easy lore argument to make is: "Spartans always move at optimal speed while maintaining combat readiness"

ie.  they are always sprinting and have their gun ready so there is no need for a button to "activate BOOST MODE!!!!"

BR starts will bring more viewers, source your ass

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not necessarily otherwise Starcraft would be the most watched game.

It's almost like CS:GO isn't the most popular FPS casually and competitively.

But I think everyone should spawn with snipers in H5 cause that's more entertaining.