CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Snakebite sums it up:

For sure agree w/ the sentiment in his second tweet. 

2 steps forward 300 steps back.

• Upvote (+1) 7

the best we can hope for is MCC and Halo 6 on PC.

We’ll never see a new game built around the classic formula. What’s most depressing though is that whatever we get will likely be tied to MS delivery system - meaning no customized servers and no mods - so we likely won’t even be able to turn H6 into a proper Halo game.

Cunt McFiddle Dicks. Well shit. It was fun while it lasted.  Yeah yeah I know it was going to happen and that MS are doing it legally and aren't doing anything wrong and need to protect their IP yadda yadda, but fuck we finally had a classic Halo game after over a decade. It hurts just a bit. Even if it was only for a couple of days, people actually gave a shit about Halo for the first time in over half a decade. Guess I'll go back to playing literally anything that isn't Modernized Halo, just like the rest of the gaming community. If the popularity and exposure a modded Classic Halo game got Halo doesn't get 343 to realise that the old formula is better, nothing will. Eldewrito died so that we will know if Halo is truly dead.

"we're very excited at the prospect of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC"

Well, Installation 01 isn't an official Classic Halo Experience so..... Halo MCC PC confirmed?

Frankie's word on the matter.

Although its still going to exist. It won't be updated from here on, but people have it. I believe servers will stay up, or peer to peer connection will still exist. Just won't be easy to find online anymore and won't get anymore updates.

2 positives from that Waypoint post: 

1) They did say that they will try to partner with Eldewrito

2) This is Microsoft not 343

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk why anyone is mad or surprised......

It wasnt like they just shut it down and kicked everything to the curb. They say directly in their statement that they are even looking to partner with the ElDewrito guys.

This was fully expected the mod had assets directly pulled from H3 none of it was original. Thats why Installation 01 gets pass bcs its completely fan made from the ground up.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It wasnt like they just shut it down and kicked everything to the curb. They say directly in their statement that they are even looking to partner with the ElDewrito guys.

This was fully expected the mod had assets directly pulled from H3 none of it was original. Thats why Installation 01 gets pass bcs its completely fan made from the ground up.

No-one is surprised, but it's very very disappointing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Everyone expected it. It still hurts because its the first time in over half a decade that people actually cared about Halo. Now Eldewrito its gone Halo will continue its fall into obscurity unless 343 return to the original formula instead of chasing the trends.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No-one is surprised, but it's very very disappointing.

I guess I understand, but there was just no scenario where a game with stolen assets would last unless MS/343 took over it. Now if Installation 01 or the other fan made game( I cant remember the name) get shut down then people should be disappointed and rioting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess I understand, but there was just no scenario where a game with stolen assets would last unless MS/343 took over it. Now if Installation 01 or the other fan made game( I cant remember the name) get shut down then people should be disappointed and rioting.

This seems like this would've been the best option, because its literally free positive publicity off of a game they didn't even have to work on, if they had made it official.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Offline

Eldonerito

The DMCA Collection

Eldewriot

tumblr_mnxz383JLc1s9nahto1_500.gif

The ice-cream makes the bad feelings go away.

Does anyone else get the feeling that with all the resources they are throwing at MCC to make it playable, that’s another sign that H6 won’t be classic? If H6 were to be classic then they could have put all focus on that game in my opinion. The fact that they have a separate team to tackle MCC and give us classic halo has me thinking h6 is going to be closer to h5 shit mechanics.

Hey can you delete this post?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’m not mad about it, protecting an IP is a pretty important thing to do.

What I would like to see happen here is that Microsoft/343/Sabre looks at officially releasing Halo Online. Remove all the microtransaction stuff it was going to have and allow for mod support. It was going to only be for the Russian market but I think maybe now there’s an opportunity to do more with the project than was planned.

Probably won’t happen, but it would be a nice outcome for a shitty situation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The reason this happens is because they don't care about the community or whatever it wants. They care about printing money and that's what their IP does when it releases because people who don't even really care about the game show up for like 48 hours to play. Its painfully obvious that they could do so many things to actually make the fans happy and they simply refuse. They aren't stupid so its not like they don't realize.

Its honestly hilarious when someone steals part of a russian p2w Halo game and years later its somehow more popular and interesting than the latest Halo installment to the point that Microsoft has to shut it down. I don't even know what else has to happen for them to realize that nobody cares about the new style of Halo. Idk if people realize but you can play Halo 5 on PC too and nobody does. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Hey can you delete this post?

Oh so now you want our help? smh.

• Upvote (+1) 4

http://blog.eldewrito.com/post/173283810663/microsofts-legal-action-and-the-future-of

Can We Still Play 0.6? 

Yes, absolutely! Play the hell out of it. Create more incredible forge creations. You can resume playing 0.6 as normal. It is important to note that ElDewrito itself is not being taken down - just any and all of Microsoft’s assets are. In the meantime, enjoy the great game that we have poured our hearts into. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Guys, they're legally required to protect their IP lol. They have shareholders and all the shit that comes with being a trademark etc etc. I guess I don't understand the reaction of "wow this is shit of course the shut down classic halo fuck 343/MS we're never gonna get what we want also why didn't they reassure us classic halo was coming in a legal PR statement WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

I just don't see the point in drawing conclusions or getting worked up about it. There's nothing they could have done and it was obviously coming.

Hopefully the reaction to the mod opened their eyes though.

Oh of course they are legally required to issue the DMCA takedowns (I don't think anyone is debating that hopefully) but why is it that this is how we have to get a classic experience? People have been asking for literally over a decade for H3 on PC in particular. Its pretty questionable that it even came to this point because they won't provide what people want.

This is actually exactly how Jagex ended up trying to release a 2007 version of RuneScape so its a real possibility this got through to them. Its just crazy being apart of three different gaming communities this has happened to (WoW/RS/Halo) and somehow it comes to this point before the developers realized in two out of three of the cases that there is a market they should go for even though in all three cases people were just complaining for years and years about how the new direction just wasn't as good. Just waiting to see if 343 makes the same decision that the other two did. To be fair though they are working on MCC so they're halfway there as it is

http://blog.eldewrito.com/post/173283810663/microsofts-legal-action-and-the-future-of

Can We Still Play 0.6? 

Yes, absolutely! Play the hell out of it. Create more incredible forge creations. You can resume playing 0.6 as normal. It is important to note that ElDewrito itself is not being taken down - just any and all of Microsoft’s assets are. In the meantime, enjoy the great game that we have poured our hearts into. 

So what exactly does this mean?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what exactly does this mean?

Basically MS is going to be actively removing any downloads they can find that contain their assets. If you can find them you can continue to play.

Its okay, PC gamers hate you too Microsoft. If the hysterically awful Games for Windows LIVE service wasn't proof they are bunch of tyrants only in it for themselves and not the community this is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1