CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The biggest concern i have with BR starts is the servers not being good enough. Getting 6 shot perfects because a few bullets in a burst dont count is annoying as hell. 

my biggest concern with the BR is ive done an hour a day of octagon with the pistol for a long ass time, selfish reasons but ive practiced so much with the pistol i want it to stay

• Upvote (+1) 3

my biggest concern with the BR is ive done an hour a day of octagon with the pistol for a long ass time, selfish reasons but ive practiced so much with the pistol i want it to stay

And by all means, reduce the RRR and/or the magnetism of the pistol if that's what it takes. It's not like 343 is only allowed to do one tuning update (some things definitely could use a second pass after this tuning update), and the pistol feels really good in H5.

In fact I would love if they made the pistol more skillful (Won't say "harder" because if the BR changes are any indication, 343 translates that to "weaker")

• Upvote (+1) 2

RIP InternetHulk

Reading through his timeline where he mentions being really sick and wanting to give away his Blizzcon pass is both morbid and heartbreaking, knowing the outcome.

RIP to a legend. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

There will be an announcement from Team Liquid sometime between now and Thanksgiving (sorry I can't give more solid date) regarding their future plans with Halo.

So RIP Liquid Halo then.

Is it fun to have a pistol with that high of magnetism? Pick your poison bub.

You're just regurgitating a new talking point. 

Why are some of you so infatuated with spawning with the shittiest gun in the game? I don't get it. Now that the pistol is finally not the worst people want to switch. I don't get you guys at all. All this "pistol is too easy talk" is funny seeing as it's still the exact same gun. Just because a couple rifles got nerfed doesn't mean we should gimp ourselves even more. The BR is NOT going to contest ANYTHING on the map and you are gonna start complaining about "enemies are just collapsing with better weapons" all over again. Honestly I want you guys to just try to contest a light rifle with the BR. Go ahead. The game is gonna play so much slower now that the starting gun is so much weaker overall. As Cubanix has been saying, wait until you actually fight people that are moving full speed. So many people are going to escape even more engagements now. Slow burst + all the escape tools in the game + slow ttk = good luck.

Why do people want to be weak off spawn lmao.

Tell me about it...the Magnum is one of the best starting weapons we ever had and it's also one of the best Halo weapons overall. Saved H5 for me because it's so fun to use. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I take issue with this. Test it sure, but giving pros too much direct influence on settings is why we had 5 gametypes on Heretic or Midship successors and Construct/Pit TS at the tail end of H3. Pros know more than most, but they aren't infallible.

Edit: and before anyone says there weren't better options, Halcyon, Cynosure, and Pipeline are better than any of the original forge maps we've used in competitive settings, IMO.

i loved playing cynosure hill. i agree others should have been in the rotation during h3.

edit: i forgot others from the ff map packs but came across deathstarsog 1v1 map guillotine that i used to play more than anything during h3 after a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I forgot others from the ff map packs but came across deathstarsog 1v1 map guillotine that i used to play more than anything during h3 after a while.

Guillotine was literally my favorite 1v1 map in any Halo game. Only time I've had fun playing traditional 1v1s in a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guillotine was literally my favorite 1v1 map in any Halo game. Only time I've had fun playing traditional 1v1s in a Halo game.

By OG Deathstar, I remember it. That map is probably the absolute bare minimum amount of geometry and floorspace you can have in a 1v1 map and it worked incredibly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys. I just got all of this intel from Str8 Sick's stream so here is rostermania as it stands

Teams:

OpTic: Same. 

NV: Mikwen, Snipedown, Spartan, & Penguin

Liquid: Stellur, Eco, Shotzzy, & Renegade

LG: Ola, Bubu, Saiyan, Trippey

Cryptik/Splyce: Suspector, Ryanoob, Shooter, & Rayne

F/A or Unknown: APG, Commonly, Danoxide, Contra, Lunchbox, Nemassist, Prototype, Dastroyed, Naded, Articc, Demon D, Claim, Musa, Str8 Sick, & Ninja

Partial Teams: Str8: Ace, Falcated, Tapping. El Town, & Neptune. Baby J & Sabinater.

Almost nothing but OpTic is guaranteed.

I hope the Splyce break up is BS.

Yeah but Ghandi played with people like Defy, Shockwave, Ghost, Karma, SS, Zyos, etc.

AI had no one

I understand completely, but that swagger is very important to AI. Naded ain't that,  his career though absolutely. AI is Culture. Carbon still had to dethrone Final Boss just like 01' Sixers/Lakers matchup.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Because muh Nostalgia.

None of this shit is new, you would think people would have learned after the br/dmr debacle in h4 and yet we are back full circle.

I still can't believe people were so happy to hear that the BR was coming back in H4 after it was replaced by the DMR in Reach.

Remember when people were so happy to hear that the BR was coming back in H4 after it was replaced by the DMR in Reach?

That legitimately happened and I still can't believe it.

In the great dmr vs br h4 starting weapon debate, i was and still am Team Dmr

90% of my reasoning is because it doesnt sound like shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the great dmr vs br h4 starting weapon debate, i was and still am Team Dmr

90% of my reasoning is because it doesnt sound like shit.

The real problem was never that weapons could hit from far across the map its that the DMR from H4 and most of the rifles in H5 for awhile were just way too easy to hit shots with across the map. Its the primary reason the magnum was the better gun for a primary. Imagine a scenario where we had carbine starts in H5. We'd have just sat back and shot anything on the map with laser precision and ease 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah but Ghandi played with people like Defy, Shockwave, Ghost, Karma, SS, Zyos, etc.

AI had no one

I understand completely, but that swagger is very important to AI. Naded ain't that,  his career though absolutely. AI is Culture. Carbon still had to dethrone Final Boss just like 01' Sixers/Lakers matchup.

aW9g74p.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

You're just regurgitating a new talking point. 

No I was just saying that I don't think either side is necessarily right. But competitiveness aside, at this point its about halo 5 surviving until halo 6 and praying that it's good. What starting weapon is more appealing to a viewer? It's a BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No I was just saying that I don't think either side is necessarily right. But competitiveness aside, at this point its about halo 5 surviving until halo 6 and praying that it's good. What starting weapon is more appealing to a viewer? It's a BR.

How?

I think Magnum fights are a million more times entertaining to watch - but that's just me.

--

Speaking of which, Halo 5 is so much better on the Xbox One X. I don't know what it is, but it just plays better. Actually had "one more game" syndrome and got ranked in Slayer (Diamond after not playing for over 8 months). 

The population is a bit low, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

People relate a BR to halo, not a magnum that sounds like it belongs in a kids cartoon.

And this somehow extends to increased engagement how exactly?

• Upvote (+1) 2