CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That read as, "Installation 01 is your classic halo experience coming up and Halo 6 will be on PC with shit mechanics still."

What a fucking joke.

It didn't read anything like that at all WTF.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That read as, "Installation 01 is your classic halo experience coming up and Halo 6 will be on PC with shit mechanics still."

What a fucking joke.

Yeah. The whole vibe of the statement gave me bad hopes for H6. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It didn't read anything like that at all WTF.

The only time they mentioned classic halo was Installation 01. They mentioned their hope to officially support PC in the future but no word on classic settings. I was a little vague but I have no hope for Halo after this.

The only time they mentioned classic halo was Installation 01. They mentioned their hope to officially support PC in the future but no word on classic settings. I was a little vague but I have no hope for Halo after this.

They specifically said they are excited about the potential of classic Halo on PC.

"As we look ahead, we’re very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC"

• Upvote (+1) 4

They specifically said they are excited about the potential of classic Halo on PC.

"As we look ahead, we’re very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC"

Let's hope they just hire the Eldewrito team and sell this for $15.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/eldewrito-community-content not like there's going to be much to talk about in Halo Online soon anyways.

343 and Microsoft literally ruin everything. They are so dumb it’s astonishing. They don’t know how to deliver to their fanbase. I hope Halo 6 bombs hard, and 343 dissolves. Get a new game altogether or a different developer.

I may buy a PlayStation. Last one I truly played on was PS2(ps3?) back when GTA was still exclusive. The only reason I switched to Xbox was because of Halo. That Halo experience ended in 2010 for me, so I’m not sure why I’m still here.

• Downvote (-1) 5

I'm increasingly unsurprised by how low-effort Halo's competitive community is about actually improving anything to a meaningful degree, but this isn't about console versus PC, bud. Halo Online just is a worse Halo 3 in most respects, particularly as a competitive game. So, while I am annoyed that people see "Halo on PC" as a good time to plug-in their controllers and win gun fights against mouse players while they barely move their analogue sticks, let's be clear:

This is not about how good this game is. It's not a return to form. It's not even providing something that people didn't already have access to. OG Halo 3 still works. Halo: Custom Edition and Project Cartographer are in better working order (again, thanks to modders) and are better games. Efforts have been made (and ignored) to provide modernized no sprint settings for Halo 5 as well. Halo 3 isn't some timeless, unmatched masterpiece of FPS design and ElDewrito is worse, aside from a handful of half-functional PC game features.

So, what is this if not a low effort nostalgia trip? People are bored of pretending Halo 5 is fun/being bad it and want a something easy and brainless, so why not Halo 3 with a smaller selection of maps, tons of controller aim assist and magnetism (though still that terrible H3 aiming system), and none of the social features that made it good? Someone else put in the work and built the hype, so I guess it's time to pretend that this is the next big thing for the series for the week or two this hype lasts. Don't point out its problems either, because we need to bask in the glory of the worst classic Halo game.

Haha. Hell yeah, dude I KNEW my shot was sick. it was totally H5's terrible aiming all along. That's why I lost so many gunfights. This shot registration ( sluggish strafe, and extremely generous aim assist/magnetism) is soooo crisp.

It’s not that deep. People are just having fun playing halo on their PCs... despite it being a buggy mod. That’s the long and short of it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The responses to this tweet.. sheesh.

Quite a bit of angry quote tweets  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone else get the feeling that with all the resources they are throwing at MCC to make it playable, that’s another sign that H6 won’t be classic? If H6 were to be classic then they could have put all focus on that game in my opinion. The fact that they have a separate team to tackle MCC and give us classic halo has me thinking h6 is going to be closer to h5 shit mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 4

everything I like dies. 

RIP Halo Online

So How does everyone want the future of the HCS to be In regards to a full schedule of events? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

291gh8.jpg

I'm not defending what happened, but this is on Microsoft, not 343. They have to protect the copyright on their intellectual property. It was always going to come to this.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Started out blindly defending 343/ESL and calling this community cancer, considers future while calling 343 "so dumb its astonshing" and hoping they are dissolved. 

Gddr8uy.png

6GJUHkc.png

A remarkable story of what  :Toxic: can do to a person.

I think h5 had us ALL fooled in the beginning. The beta was enjoyable. Early on game modes, maps, settings were decent enough to where we knew with some minor tweaks, the pro scene could be viable. Of course though, we can argue h5 never was allowed to reach its potential and what we seen early on as hope for halo, turned into the same old song and dance of reach/h4 scene.

My tune I don’t think has anything to do with this forum community but rather the false hope that I had seen when h5 released. Same of course could be said about MCC and we all know where that has left us.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Started out blindly defending 343/ESL and calling this community cancer, considers future while calling 343 "so dumb its astonshing" and hoping they are dissolved. 

Gddr8uy.png

6GJUHkc.png

A remarkable story of what  :Toxic: can do to a person.

Eventually the smoke clears........  :Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think h5 had us ALL fooled in the beginning. 

That post was 1.5 years after H5 was released.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This tells me MCC PC port. If that is in the works or on the roadmap, they need to hire some of the guys from this mod to work on it, and announce that shit as soon as possible.

To be honest, that announcement was worded in probably the least-douchey way possible.  Legally, i guess i get it? But there is definitely a bit of sour grapes going on there too.

Pretty sure it will be radio silence from 343 around here for a while, hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 3