CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope Microsoft will be able to stay afloat with all the money they're losing because of Halo Online.

halo online is going to destroy microsoft. the prophets warned us of this, and we did not heed thy warning. we must continue our campaign against eldewrito. because the modders took it microsoft were never able to fully release the clearly pay-to-win microtransaction heavy game this was going to turn into if officially released. thats a lot of money ms are losing out on. ms employees are going to starve to death because of halo online. Bonnie Ross's children will have to eat microwaved noodles because halo online killed all their revenue. The devs are gong to fight each other for scraps of food in the 343 offices. Frankie will have to become an actual janitor at 6 different schools to sustain himself. Grim will have to eat his Halo book collection for nutrients. absolute mayhem.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo online is the best version of Halo I’ve played in probably 10 years. There was close to 7000 players online last night on a Monday night. Imagine the numbers this weekend. If Microsoft shuts this down there will be a LOT of angry fans.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope Microsoft will be able to stay afloat with all the money they're losing because of Halo Online.

I swear to flippen God if you meme us out of this game I will never forgive you.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Selling all my MSFT stock before it hits the floor, get out now while you still can.

we all kind of knew it was coming when optic was sold. never expect someone else to love what you built as much as you

I’ve been wondering when the shoe would drop since we got word of the team being disgruntled when the Halo guys got dropped, but the accusation that the CoD team hasn’t been paid all year is pretty wild. If true that is definitely Infinite trying to push them out the door and end their support of console.

If this all happens as this dude predicts, RIP Optic.

but the accusation that the CoD team hasn’t been paid all year is pretty wild. 

From the comments, it seems like that's because they did not re-sign their contracts.

Imo this whole fiasco kinda shows console shooter esports are on life support at the moment. Sucks considering all the new investors getting involved. They don’t see any point at throwing money down the drain

343 HATES THEM - CLICK HERE

Ah. Finally. A super easy Halo game with a hand-holding team shot focus and no annoying or difficult mechanics. where I am at no real risk of losing gun fights because gun skill is irrelevant and 90% of fights without power weapons are traded. I was worried for a bit that it might end up like a PC game where people actually have to aim, but fortunately everyone is plugging in their controllers to relive that unmatched, perfect 2007 60 FOV console gaming glory.

GOD getting shit on in Halo 5 was annoying, amirite? Halo is BACK.

:ace:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 29

Hitch responded to a dude in that thread saying that Hecz had put safeguards in place to keep things operating as they were and then he got fucked over. Hope more of that story comes out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it's cool that we have a sprintless Halo alternative and pleasantly surprised to see so many people having fun on it (right now), but I think some of us are overhyping what amounts to a weird, slightly clunky, and featureless H2/H3 hybrid with strange weapon models. I am aware that it is still being worked on and that its issues will be worked out eventually, but the future of sprintless Halo is in the patched MCC, not Halo Online. But this is cool for now.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The lead up to H6 is looking promising. PC players can game Halo Online while Xbox gets a fixed/upgraded MCC. Then we all meet up in the promise land of Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hitch responded to a dude in that thread saying that Hecz had put safeguards in place to keep things operating as they were and then he got fucked over. Hope more of that story comes out.

Sounds like shit safeguards, then.

• Upvote (+1) 4