CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is supposed to be a a playlist, not sure how it works in a forum but it is supposed to link to 4 videos. Pretty sweet game, hope to be able to stream and play it more often.

So not used to this super wide fov. 

About how long does it take to get Halo Online downloaded and working? And can I just plug in a wired 360 controller and have it work?

• Upvote (+1) 1

About how long does it take to get Halo Online downloaded and working? And can I just plug in a wired 360 controller and have it work?

depends on your internet but idk, maybe 30 minutes?  Just don't install it in your Program Files folder.  Windows doesn't recognize it as a published program, so it screws up your access privileges even if you set it to run as administrator.  I just installed it in a HaloOnline folder on my C:\ drive and its been all roses since.

And yes, your 360 controller will just work.  All you need to do is go into the settings the first time you start it up and tell it to use controller instead of mouse.  It has built in presets that match various Halo 3, Reach and 4 presets and gives you the ability to map each individual button to whatever you want.  Once of those simple QoL features that EVERY SINGLE GAME should have. but i digress...

• Upvote (+1) 5

depends on your internet but idk, maybe 30 minutes?  Just don't install it in your Program Files folder.  Windows doesn't recognize it as a published program, so it screws up your access privileges even if you set it to run as administrator.  I just installed it in a HaloOnline folder on my C:\ drive and its been all roses since.

And yes, your 360 controller will just work.  All you need to do is go into the settings the first time you start it up and tell it to use controller instead of mouse.  It has built in presets that match various Halo 3, Reach and 4 presets and gives you the ability to map each individual button to whatever you want.  Once of those simple QoL features that EVERY SINGLE GAME should have. but i digress...

Adding on. For some reason mine had a glitch where whenever I tried loading into a map, my maps would take so long to load. 5+ minutes/never load. Friends were loading into maps instantly. Searched all over and found the solution to be changing game.fpslimiter to 0 in the console (~).

Also how to install:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've just been told that Halo Online has a bunch of weapon models being imported. Apparently a mod that replaces weapon Models with the Halo 3 versions exists, so I am currently trying to find that, and in the previous version there was a Halo 2 Anniversary BR model. So if you want to replace that awful Halo 4 BR you can.

https://github.com/Clef-0/FMM2/releases/tag/v2.00

Yeah just download FMM.exe, put it in your Halo Online folder, run it, and check the Halo 3 Weapon models and download checked mods

Bam. Halo 3 weapon models.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What are most people playing it on m+kb? Or is it more 50/50?

kb+m, feels so damn natural I don't think I can ever go back to controller

Without matchmaking theres isn't much to do in this game though. Every match i've played is a blowout that ends in uneven teams. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah jeez guys get back on Topic this thread is for discussing what Ninja is doing.

He is currently on the h3h3 podcast after toppling 660,000 concurrent viewers at Esports Arena. 

:Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 1

He is currently on the h3h3 podcast after toppling 660,000 concurrent viewers at Esports Arena. 

He's mentioned Halo a fair few times though so  :weback:

He's mentioned Halo a fair few times though so  :weback:

well of course he practically owes because he used to play it and stream it for like 1000 people and then he stopped playing Halo because he started to dislike the direction 343 took the game and so he streamed other games like Fortnite, so halo pretty much made him famous. /s

ffs man ... I'm currently watching Mr Robot s3 (great show!) and according to Wikipedia, the average viewers per episode was around 440k.  so Ninja is literally more popular than an Emmy-winning TV show

• Upvote (+1) 3

ffs man ... I'm currently watching Mr Robot s3 (great show!) and according to Wikipedia, the average viewers per episode was around 440k.  so Ninja is literally more popular than an Emmy-winning TV show

Watching another person play video games is more interesting than playing video games or great TV for 660,000 people/

Watching another person play video games is more interesting than playing video games or great TV for 660,000 people/

I don't like playing League of Legends anymore because I don't have the time or interest to get good at it, but I enjoy watching people who do have the time and interest because I like seeing the game played at it's absolute best.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't like playing League of Legends anymore because I don't have the time or interest to get good at it, but I enjoy watching people who do have the time and interest because I like seeing the game played at it's absolute best.

Yeah I totally understand why people watch people play games. Just pointing out how the entertainment industry is changing.

Ninja? Halo Online?

0fc.gif

Probably won't happen but Ninja streaming Halo Online to his 100k+ viewers would be hype

• Upvote (+1) 2