CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not about its popularity, it's about what it resembles - a return to form.

That read like Shakespeare.

..or a Superman comic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

just spent an hour playing Halo Online (works fine on i5-6500 / rx 480 8gb) ... I dunno, reasonably fun but the FOV is apparently 160 degrees and the games weren't that amazing, will give it another shot though

just spent an hour playing Halo Online (works fine on i5-6500 / rx 480 8gb) ... I dunno, reasonably fun but the FOV is apparently 160 degrees and the games weren't that amazing, will give it another shot though

160??? What did you do? Lol there's an fov slider there for you

160??? What did you do? Lol there's an fov slider there for you

lol i just meant the default, will track down that slider ...

Best PR for 343 would be to buy out the game, release it on the Microsoft platform and run it as HCS until H6 arrives

Uh. What?

:apg:

Mine too but Im having incredible lag every game. Even on dedicated servers im jumping around the map glitching around.  Im running 50mbps internet so that's not the issue. Maybe Im just getting unlucky with the dedis im joining?

I joined a few servers and they were all perfect for me.

There is about a 0.1% chance that Halo Online doesn't get shut down now that its gaining traction. 

Didn't a few 343 folk tweet that they were going to play it or did I just imagine that?

Reminder for those who wants to make a Halo game or a game within another existing IP: Don't. If you want to make something, make something within an original IP unless you want to use official modding tools without importing assets from other games. You won't get the time you spent on it back.

This is wrong.

Microsoft or 343 shutting this down is the best thing that could happen to these developers and the progression of their career. It's CV gold and worth a thousand times more than any qualification or entry level experience in the industry. I speak from experience.

I'd encourage such a project as a starting point rather than going through all the hard work of designing something original. If you don't have a strong marketing department, which is a skill in itself, it'll die after the first week: Law Breakers.

The industry doesn't open its doors wide to new development teams/IPs. You need to start a fire and break a few windows if you want in.

In the specific case of UE4, I just don't see any of these as being honest reasons.  If that engine was "expensive as fuck" why would SO MANY companies from Indie's to AAA use it including Microsoft's own other first party devs?  That engine is so ubiquitous it would be a fuckton easier to hire talented devs that you can just plug in and have start working right away instead of coddling them through the learning curve of all the proprietary stuff.  Hell, we see that where i work.  its easier for new employee's for just recreate some of our legacy shit with modern architecture than try to modify the legacy shit.  For the experienced devs its basically a wash since the new tools are so much better.  Its been a few years that the Xbox one has been out, most of the optimization work will have been done by Epic already.

Yes i have seen that too. Or newer players that are basically like, "meh i don't care either way".  I would be interested to hear the opinions of the younger pro's.  Do they think that going back to classic-style would hurt their skill enough they might not be pro-level anymore?  Personally, my guess is no but i would like to hear it from the horses mouth.  The only pro's that have really expressed their desire for a proper halo return are the guys that have been around forever.

I'm was pretty good at Halo 5 before I stopped playing, and I found at any time I wanted I could go onto MCC and play Halo CE/2/3 and still do pretty well. Going backwards from Halo 5 to Classic Halo really has no detriment to how well you play as it takes strips away the extra layers and leaves the core, and the core stuff is pretty universal (Shooting, Knowing how to control the map, knowing when to rotate etc.) I imagine going from Halo CE/2/3 to Halo 5 would be more detrimental because it adds new layers to the core.

Why the h3 br though? Gross.

It's hitscan, pretty sure it's just the h2 br with the h3 look

• Upvote (+1) 6

Either this or the Halo 4 one, i know what i prefer. Christ the Halo 4 sniper is literally a drain pipe with a facking toaster on top of i

The halo 4 sniper was probably the worst in the whole series for me. Much like halo 4 itself.

• Upvote (+1) 6

By the end of the week I will have almost certainly played in a 4v4 lobby with people that haven’t played Halo in at least 5 years.

Funny how that works, pls dnt kill H.O

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is supposed to be a a playlist, not sure how it works in a forum but it is supposed to link to 4 videos. Pretty sweet game, hope to be able to stream and play it more often.

Literally unwatchable. You've gotta get the H3 weapon skins mod bruh.

/s

But seriously you really should.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thought the new song from J Cole reminded me of Halo 4 and 5.

I know you think this type of revenue is never endin'
But I wanna take a minute just to tell you that ain't true
One day, them kids that's listening gon' grow up
And get too old for that shit that made you blow up
Now your show's lookin' light cause they don't show up
Which unfortunately means the money slow up
Now you scramblin' and hopin' to get hot again
But you forgot you only popped 'cause you was ridin' trends
Now you old news and you goin' through regrets

• Upvote (+1) 8

Turns out the default BR is NOT HITSCAN but instead zero spread projectile omg this is the greatest

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think you might be overestimating the popularity of this mod

You’d be surprised how “popular” things become, when there’s corporate negativity attached to it. Remember the 2016 HWC backlash- mostly from people who don’t give a shit about halo...

Everyone is hyping Halo Online. Seems like an independent studio made a better Halo game than 343. 

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2