CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why are some of you so infatuated with spawning with the shittiest gun in the game? I don't get it. Now that the pistol is finally not the worst people want to switch. I don't get you guys at all. All this "pistol is too easy talk" is funny seeing as it's still the exact same gun. Just because a couple rifles got nerfed doesn't mean we should gimp ourselves even more. The BR is NOT going to contest ANYTHING on the map and you are gonna start complaining about "enemies are just collapsing with better weapons" all over again. Honestly I want you guys to just try to contest a light rifle with the BR. Go ahead. The game is gonna play so much slower now that the starting gun is so much weaker overall. As Cubanix has been saying, wait until you actually fight people that are moving full speed. So many people are going to escape even more engagements now. Slow burst + all the escape tools in the game + slow ttk = good luck.

Why do people want to be weak off spawn lmao.

Because muh Nostalgia.

None of this shit is new, you would think people would have learned after the br/dmr debacle in h4 and yet we are back full circle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else having problems with halo? My brother has to reinstall the entire game for some reason.

That 35 MB update broke my game and made me reinstall the whole thing. RIP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Magnum: Bullets go where you aim. You know how much damage you do every time you score a hit. On the low end in terms of magnetism for a Halo utility weapon. One of the most consistent guns in the series history. "Too easy."

BR: Random spread. Damage per trigger pull varies by as much as 2/3 on a successful hit. Not consistent at all. "Ah. Perfect. Feels like Halo."

Just went over how much magnetism the Magnum has, but k.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’d like to see an actual video on the magnum’s magnetism if it is truly that bad. Give me some clips from customs with the magnum vs BR magnetism and let us judge for ourselves.

Imagine if we were having this discussion over BR or Magnum starts in Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cool, lemme just go through this entire thread to find some irrelevant claim about magnetism for one of the better utility weapons in the Halo series as if it has any relevance to the objective problem of burst fire inconsistency and sweeping slow as fuck bursts for piss easy head shots.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't have to imagine it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Duel Wield Magnums >

I wouldn't mind BR starts if thrust and sprint weren't in the game. I think the Halo 3 playlist on H5 with the new BR using the traditional scope would have been amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Cool, lemme just go through this entire thread to find some irrelevant claim about magnetism for one of the better utility weapons in the Halo series as if it has any relevance to the objective problem of burst fire inconsistency and sweeping slow as fuck bursts for piss easy head shots.

I like the new BR, feels like Halo, it’s only trash in comparison to the god pistol now, just like every other weapon. DMR was balanced to be a long distance weapon which is what it’s meant for, camo is actually camo, pistol magnetism breaks the game so all you guys who love missing shots and still getting hit markers must be the ones complaining about the new BR. If everyone starts with it, no one is at a disadvantage. Before the BR was literally broken, I would miss shots and the game would just hand me a perfect. Plz learn to lead and actually keep your reticule on your enemy, I don’t notice the random spread of the BR at all, and if we could deal with H3 spread then this is fkn incredible in comparison to that BR.

Is it fun to have a pistol with that high of magnetism? Pick your poison bub.

Won't even include my post.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Where is that H4 snipedown video when you need it.

This one?  :kappa:

edit: 

that br sound effect is awful

• Upvote (+1) 4

This one?  :kappa:

edit: 

that br sound effect is awful

Stellur the young god

• Upvote (+1) 5

Won't even include my post.

Because the new BR doesn't also have insanely high magnetism? Lmao. If you guys really think having a burst fire weapon with a longer scope is gonna make tou get cross mapped less you're all gonna be shocked when it's the opposite.

Can anyone show side by side magnetism with the pistol and BR? And then try and cross map perfect with each one?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because the new BR doesn't also have insanely high magnetism? Lmao. If you guys really think having a burst fire weapon with a longer scope is gonna make tou get cross mapped less you're all gonna be shocked when it's the opposite.

Can anyone show side by side magnetism with the pistol and BR? And then try and cross map perfect with each one?

I never said it didn't. 

My point has been that the old BR absolutely needed to be touched. I wouldn't say the current BR is perfect either. 

The current BR is worth at least testing. I at no point said we should have BR starts, all I said is that we should consider the possibility. Let the pros have at it and leave the decision to them, as they know the game better than anyone else posting on these forums. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In order to not hurt any future job opportunities:

Go buy the Xbox One X. H5 is great on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never said it didn't.

My point has been that the old BR absolutely needed to be touched. I wouldn't say the current BR is perfect either.

The current BR is worth at least testing. I at no point said we should have BR starts, all I said is that we should consider the possibility. Let the pros have at it and leave the decision to them, as they know the game better than anyone else posting on these forums.

Wut ? Most pros are really dumb when it comes to settings. BR starts does not work in H5, why do halo players have such a hard on for the BR.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The biggest concern i have with BR starts is the servers not being good enough. Getting 6 shot perfects because a few bullets in a burst dont count is annoying as hell. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The current BR is worth at least testing. I at no point said we should have BR starts, all I said is that we should consider the possibility. Let the pros have at it and leave the decision to them, as they know the game better than anyone else posting on these forums. 

I take issue with this. Test it sure, but giving pros too much direct influence on settings is why we had 5 gametypes on Heretic or Midship successors and Construct/Pit TS at the tail end of H3. Pros know more than most, but they aren't infallible.

Edit: and before anyone says there weren't better options, Halcyon, Cynosure, and Pipeline are better than any of the original forge maps we've used in competitive settings, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Duel Wield Magnums >

Duals on Boundless.

• Upvote (+1) 2