CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Since we gotta sellout for  :Toxic:  as well.

Gotta have something worth buying in order to sell out.... # :Toxic:

Looking forward to the full on Sellout streams  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gotta have something worth buying in order to sell out.... # :Toxic:

Looking forward to the full on Sellout streams  :simms:

so how many forum posts is tox contractually obligated to make :Toxic: ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How has no one mentioned the Ninja tournament? 

I came here right now to see the comments about this. hahahaha I know is off topic, but I love you guys, so I like to see what everyone think about random events, not just Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

345k viewers, Ninja is basically a celebrity at this point. 

EDIT: Make that 460k, this stream will break half a million. 

i cant believe that ninja is a big enough name to have an entire event built around him. that is wild but very cool to see

almost 450k watching this event on his channel. i cant imagine how much money this is going to make him. cheers to ninja for making this success

• Upvote (+1) 2

Playing halo with kbm makes me feel like I've started playing nfor the first time again. Literally a potato.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does it have controller support? I dont know why but i am shit at fps with kbm input. Something about a controller just feels right to me

Playing halo with kbm makes me feel like I've started playing nfor the first time again. Literally a potato.

You basically have to play with a controller.  Playing with kbm is janky.  I think there is some hard coded acceleration in the engine or some shit.  Makes the aiming floaty with kbm.  Feels very halo 3 with a controller though

guys wearing a suit playing games

i didnt know that was my definition of success until i saw it

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really hope Lethul wears a tuxedo T-shirt for his first stream back so that it says he wants to be formal, but he’s also here to party.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ninja will always be halo, and that's why I think the Mods are okay with talking about him in here. Much like Formal & ENABLE, Halo Noobs till the end.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You basically have to play with a controller.  Playing with kbm is janky.  I think there is some hard coded acceleration in the engine or some shit.  Makes the aiming floaty with kbm.  Feels very halo 3 with a controller though

It's input lag. Feels like about what I would associate with forced V-sync, which I suspect is what the "stuttering fix" is. Subpar input response is much harder to notice with analogue stick controls and tons of aim assist. Not to mention the 60fps cap.

Still not as bad as H5 Forge PC mouse aim.

:wutface: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja just did that anime dance of his to over half a million viewers. 

I'm happy Ninja found a way to both maintain his consistent income and at the same time compete at a live event.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They could be licensing a proper engine like UE4. It works great for gears and they have split screen so i don't see why not (other than cost). But even the cost argument doesn't make sense. How much does it cost to essentially be overstaffed with engineers to update and fix your proprietary engine? Plus you can't just hire people that already know how to work in the systems when they are proprietary like that. At this stage of the game, licensing a solid, ubiquitous, gorgeous, flexible engine and building on top of that instead of creating and maintaining your own seems like the better play.

There's actually alot of difficulties with switching game engines.

1: It's expensive as fuck.

2: You're going to have to learn how to use the new engine.

3: Even when you learn how to use the new engine you won't be able to eak out it's full capability because it's not your engine and you're not familiar with its nitty, gritty intricacies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Online is incredible. The menu and server browser is a bit laggy but once you're in an actual game it feels so smooth and polished. And the resolution + FPS is amazing. It's already so much better than MCC H3. This is what the future of Halo should look like. PC, keyboard/mouse and controller support. Old school Halo but optimized + high resolution and improvements. Reminds me of when I booted up Halo 2 Vista for the first time.

• Upvote (+1) 1