CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did I miss the discussion on this?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-3

Major points:

• LAN support being added to MCC (PLEASE GOD MULTI HALO TOURNEY)
  • Servers converged to one type of dedicated server (this is huge for ease of fixes, you try maintaining 4 separate server code bases)
  • Dope new menu
  • First flight goes out soon(ish)

Being super annoying by picking out the few flaws in that article, but the thing that bugged me is the vagueness of when anything will be released. They didn't have a deadline for anything and it's all up in the air. "Hopefully in the next few weeks" "Targeting for later this summer". 

Give the players a date! Something to look forward to, to mark on their calendars. After reading that it makes me think non of this will actually happen because as a professional company they can't even make their own public deadlines.

In other news, I just got host-booted in Team Hardcore on MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just posting to remind everyone that we played an entire 2 seasons of H2A without Midship.

Relic > Midship. That's why it won the FAN FAVORITE VOTE that 343i held. :kappa:

Well... I WAS having a nice day. 

That new UI looks miles better then the current one in MCC also cool to see that they're trying to fix the vista spawns for H2 I was pretty sure that one would fall through the cracks.

I hope they're planning on fixing the hit detection for the original 3 Halo games though as they certainly need it if they actually manage to fix the bugs they might be a superior experience to the original versions.

That might be part of the tick-rate issue they talked about?  Something about going from 30 to 60 FPS made the hit detection even worse. Its atrocious.

Being super annoying by picking out the few flaws in that article, but the thing that bugged me is the vagueness of when anything will be released. They didn't have a deadline for anything and it's all up in the air. "Hopefully in the next few weeks" "Targeting for later this summer". 

Give the players a date! Something to look forward to, to mark on their calendars. After reading that it makes me think non of this will actually happen because as a professional company they can't even make their own public deadlines.

Giving hard timelines for something like this would be foolish.  Scope will be changing until probably the last week before they are ready to go.  Saying "We don't know exactly when" is WAY more honest than trying to give a hard timeline.  They probably won't commit to a date until a weekish beforehand.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I haven't played H5 dubs in months and it's apparently okay to match against Onyx 1700s in placements when the highest I've hit is like Diamond 3

What even is this game

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'd complain just as much if they gave a date and then couldn't meet it for whatever reason. See: MCC in 2014.

Yeah, no.

I'm fed up of game developers releasing shitty broken games (MCC, for example) because of this obsession with deadlines. I'm pleased with the approach 343 is taking to fix MCC, because it seems like it's being done largely out of care for their work and for the community rather than some arbitrary date.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Called in sick earlier today for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time in 4 years. Just realized everyone thinks I'm probably getting high.

"Random" test incoming

You'd complain just as much if they gave a date and then couldn't meet it for whatever reason. See: MCC in 2014.

You're right, I would but only because these are forums and this is where we contribute our thoughts, suggestions and discussions.

It's nice when developers set a date and follow through with it. The players appreciate that.

How low have we gotten with Halo where we appreciate their honesty when they say they don't know when they're gonna be able to update a game that's been out for years..

So in reference to MCC... I've been playing alot more as I'm alittle over H5 at this point, and I've had a blast inbetween all the bugs.

But my God... IMO only, H3 is a trash game. I just can not stand it.

It gave us amazing things like forge, theater, and a great art style, but the game play itself is horrible to me.

I knew from day 1 of the Halo 3 beta that I didn't like it as much as CE or Halo 2, but I never had any animosity towards the game until seeing people pick AR's on Snowbound over CE Prisoner and BR's on Midship. 

H3 is like Reach for me where it needs the right settings to be good. Default starts H3 is unplayable and even BR starts on default maps and settings is pretty terrible. MLG settings are good but they are only in team hardcore. H2 on the other hand is so much fun whenever you have a BR in your hands. CE is also super fun but I enjoy 2v2s a lot more than 4v4s.

Cool idea for a circuit next season is H2/H3 for 4v4 and CE for 2v2. Maybe H3 4v4, H2 FFA, and CE 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You're right, I would but only because these are forums and this is where we contribute our thoughts, suggestions and discussions.

It's nice when developers set a date and follow through with it. The players appreciate that.

How low have we gotten with Halo where we appreciate their honesty when they say they don't know when they're gonna be able to update a game that's been out for years..

MCC altogether is madness as it is. They're probably terrified of not delivering exactly what they say they will at this point so they're as vague as possible and set expectations as low as they can with everything because Microsoft can't/won't take any more heat for this game. They're supposed to be a tech giant and this game is the most embarrassing thing that's probably ever happened with their video game divisions. Its taken them years to even come back to seriously attempting to fix ports of games that took about this long to create individually from scratch. 343/the community couldn't get lower when it comes to this subject lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tech giant or not, I guess the amount of people who produced the original code of CE/2/3 that work currently at 343 is close to 0. Must be a nightmare to dig up code that was burried uncommented for so many years ! and also we have to figure out how does the team affected to the task looks like :

Ideal view : "let's put our most dedicated die-hard fans of OG trilogy with many years of experience working on previous titles on this!!"

HR/business view : "ok guys we need to renew a bit our dev teams because most of them left company... So we have a dozen of fresh graduate, let them make their first steps through the MCC fixing, that'll make a good school and when they will join the main dev team for H6 they'll be lot more valuable. By the way, fans will be happy we are working on this!"

And we don't know how large that fixing team is... And to have now to make it work also on the one X must not help, as they have to create some separate code for that at some point, making testing, delivery and maintenance more complex.

IMHO Setting any date now would not make sense

• Upvote (+1) 2

I give you... the very first competitive Halo video I ever watched. 

EDIT: Unless you count Darkman winning the FFA Swat tournament on G4TV

What a great intro to competitive Halo!

Here's my favorite game of Halo of all time, such a nail biter:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sometimes I wish Halo kept the lobby playing game after game. Like CoD. Only reason I say that is because it takes 10 fcking minutes to find players for 1 match.

What a great intro to competitive Halo!

Here's my favorite game of Halo of all time, such a nail biter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mna9nbKOp_Y

Obviously they're 1v1s so that contributes to it - but this sort of slow, methodical gameplay is what I've always seen as the bread and butter of Halo. It was never about running and gunning, or who is more aggressive. Early Halos were shooters, but unlike lots of other shooters they mostly revolved around careful positioning and movement. You had to use your brain more than your reflex. This is what's slowly been phased out in favor of flashy gameplay. God damn it I miss those days.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That was the beauty of it for me as well. The perfect blend of fast arena fps (Unreal, Quake, Doom) & tactical fps (Counterstrike, RainbowSix). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The new halo online patch is fucking incredible. It’s everythig we’ve been clamoring for. We need some beyond sweaty lobbies.

Does it have controller support? I dont know why but i am shit at fps with kbm input. Something about a controller just feels right to me

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does it have controller support? I dont know why but i am shit at fps with kbm input. Something about a controller just feels right to me

It does

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 MCC LAN featuring Commonly and our very own Zeruel for those who are interested.

twitch.tv/lanacademy

• Upvote (+1) 3