CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who do we have to kill to have an annual h2 classic tourney? Just one time a year

@@Tashi

pretty sure there is one this weekend, well just a lan but will still be dope

FavWbgW.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think 4/5 Halo games is a little much but a H1 1v1/2v2 event, then an H3 event (I love H2 but I think H3 shows off better than H2 visually) and then finally an H5 event because the players have put in some amazing work into that game and it's unfair to them to revert after we just had a World Championship. I would like to settings adjustments though.

The fact that someone else has suggested a H1 1v1 event makes me so happy. I've never been more impressed watching Halo than when I first watched the old MLG 1v1 VoDs of players like Zyos and Walshy nading down power ups on Wizard to overcome having lost high ground advantage. I wish those VoDs from the old MLG site were still available.

I would absolutely love to see a H1 1v1 tournament, I really feel like it's a high skill form of Halo that just got lost over time and often feel like I'm the only one who really wants to see it come back. I would hope that the tournament would be 1v1 the whole way, I've never enjoyed using FFA to weed out the crowds until the final contestants the play 1v1 (I'm sure Karma also shares this view).

• Upvote (+1) 5

The fact that someone else has suggested a H1 1v1 event makes me so happy. I've never been more impressed watching Halo than when I first watched the old MLG 1v1 VoDs of players like Zyos and Walshy nading down power ups on Wizard to overcome having lost high ground advantage. I wish those VoDs from the old MLG site were still available.

I would absolutely love to see a H1 1v1 tournament, I really feel like it's a high skill form of Halo that just got lost over time and often feel like I'm the only one who really wants to see it come back. I would hope that the tournament would be 1v1 the whole way, I've never enjoyed using FFA to weed out the crowds until the final contestants the play 1v1 (I'm sure Karma also shares this view).

I give you... the very first competitive Halo video I ever watched. 

EDIT: Unless you count Darkman winning the FFA Swat tournament on G4TV

• Upvote (+1) 4

I give you... the very first competitive Halo video I ever watched. 

EDIT: Unless you count Darkman winning the FFA Swat tournament on G4TV

you picked a really good video to watch as your first comp halo vid. that vid has it all. That vid actually makes 1v1 halo look like a lot of fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just posting to remind everyone that we played an entire 2 seasons of H2A without Midship.

Relic > Midship. That's why it won the FAN FAVORITE VOTE that 343i held. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

What u mean by blowing up ? Haven't been following Halo Online really. Is it that popular ?

a Halo 3 mod is coming out today and the trailer went semi-viral. 300k views and hype in just a few days. Im curious

I wouldn't be opposed to a season of h2a. Its been like 2-3 years since we used it as a competitive title. Even if no maps were added i think enough time has passed for it to feel fresh again, especially with that time being advanced movement. Like simms has said, we survived 2 season and i seem to have fond memories apart from down time (which hopefully lan support would fix).

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Back in my home town when we were running H1 nights every week we would have 1v1 tourneys between our group. We even made a shitty trophy that we passed to the winner every week. Good times.

Would love to see some high level 1v1 return. They are so tense and great fun to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:Toxic:    :Toxic:    :Toxic:   ''We are definitely considering using this map for competitive and the HCS''  :Toxic:    :Toxic:    :Toxic:

BmarJzK.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Relic > Midship. That's why it won the FAN FAVORITE VOTE that 343i held. :kappa:

Wonder why Relic never made it into HCS. I mean after all, Dan Ayoub said in that interview that it was "absolutely being considered.".....

Nvm Simms already made the reference

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like they are only fixing MCC because H6 is delayed. I still believe this should have been done years ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I knew from day 1 of the Halo 3 beta that I didn't like it as much as CE or Halo 2, but I never had any animosity towards the game until seeing people pick AR's on Snowbound over CE Prisoner and BR's on Midship. 

Woops, accidental neg.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like they are only fixing MCC because H6 is delayed. I still believe this should have been done years ago. 

I mean - does it matter why? I think this is a huge opportunity to do something that eSports hasn't really seen outside of Super Smash Bros Melee... Return to the cherished game when the new games aren't as beloved.

If SMG/AR starts are to remain for some ungodly reason, AT LEAST label them “AR’s” so people have no excuse when they vote for garbage. And if I had my way, there would be no map picture in voting. Make people read. You know people just vote based on the picture.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I knew from day 1 of the Halo 3 beta that I didn't like it as much as CE or Halo 2, but I never had any animosity towards the game until seeing people pick AR's on Snowbound over CE Prisoner and BR's on Midship.

I agree, this kind of thing has ruined my memories of h3. I always prefered CE and h2 but this has done bad things to a game i once thoroughly enjoyed.

That’s the worst. That and “vote h3 or I quit”.

Buddy, there’s a whole fucking playlist for H3.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I mean - does it matter why? I think this is a huge opportunity to do something that eSports hasn't really seen outside of Super Smash Bros Melee... Return to the cherished game when the new games aren't as beloved.

I'm just bitter lol. 

That new UI looks miles better then the current one in MCC also cool to see that they're trying to fix the vista spawns for H2 I was pretty sure that one would fall through the cracks.

I hope they're planning on fixing the hit detection for the original 3 Halo games though as they certainly need it if they actually manage to fix the bugs they might be a superior experience to the original versions.