CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

At the very least we need some Forge maps for H5. The settings we're playing now have objectively less variety than what we had on launch. Over the game's lifespan you'd expect the settings to get more deep and varied, and the polar opposite has happened. We neeeeeeeeeeeeeed something new

Good luck getting anything more than a midship clone out of the current forge community.

• Upvote (+1) 5

At the very least we need some Forge maps for H5. The settings we're playing now have objectively less variety than what we had on launch. Over the game's lifespan you'd expect the settings to get more deep and varied, and the polar opposite has happened. We neeeeeeeeeeeeeed something new

will forge maps ever work well enough in h5 to be viable though? i would imagine that getting it to work will take more resources than 343 is willing to divert from whatever they're working on

will forge maps ever work well enough in h5 to be viable though? i would imagine that getting it to work will take more resources than 343 is willing to divert from whatever they're working on

I find it incredibly depressing that we have the best map creation tools in the entire industry, besides maybe Farcry, and yet we're not using a single thing made using them apart from 2 small walls on Coliseum lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

There has been a lot of discussion about going back to H3 (using MCC) and I think that won't be the worst idea but I would love to explore the idea of a multi game event.

I think 4/5 Halo games is a little much but a H1 1v1/2v2 event, then an H3 event (I love H2 but I think H3 shows off better than H2 visually) and then finally an H5 event because the players have put in some amazing work into that game and it's unfair to them to revert after we just had a World Championship. I would like to settings adjustments though.

I think this could provide a solid base for success since you're catering to a wider audience and I would imagine that it would spark a lot of positive coverage leading into the event. Also, with MLG at the helm this can be a surefire win.

The biggest setback, as with anything at this scale, is money. I don't think an event like this will be profitable and a lot of it banks on sparking that nostalgia which does not always equal to profit.

It would be a sick event though...

Really curious to know how many H5 players played and competed because they loved the game rather than there being a $1M tournament for it

I don’t see a better conclusion to a game than a world championship

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest setback, as with anything at this scale, is money. I don't think an event like this will be profitable and a lot of it banks on sparking that nostalgia which does not always equal to profit.

crowd-funding actually might work?  to cover part of the costs ... also I think it's fair to say that H1-H3 tournaments could increase sales of MCC (esp. on XB1X), so at least there's a tiny bit of advertising potential

On the subject of crowd-funding, it seems to me the obvious way to boost a prize pool in the future. And to promote the crowd-funding. And not be secretive about it. Have some sort of description about what % of every pack bought goes to the prize pool. Have a ticker that is constantly updating shown in game and online showing the prize pool go up/down. If there's going to be a cap, mention it (althought I would advise against that). You want to encourage people to buy more packs? I'm sure this would encourage the esports friendly people to buy extra packs. I certainly would have bought a few more team skins/HCS packs if I knew that the purchases were actually going to the players (in the form of tournament winnings). It just seems so obvious to have that explanation of %'s, as well as a live updating ticker showing the prize pool. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it incredibly depressing that we have the best map creation tools in the entire industry, besides maybe Farcry, and yet we're not using a single thing made using them apart from 2 small walls on Coliseum lmao

By the entire industry you mean console shooters?

There has been a lot of discussion about going back to H3 (using MCC) and I think that won't be the worst idea but I would love to explore the idea of a multi game event.

I think 4/5 Halo games is a little much but a H1 1v1/2v2 event, then an H3 event (I love H2 but I think H3 shows off better than H2 visually) and then finally an H5 event because the players have put in some amazing work into that game and it's unfair to them to revert after we just had a World Championship. I would like to settings adjustments though.

I think this could provide a solid base for success since you're catering to a wider audience and I would imagine that it would spark a lot of positive coverage leading into the event. Also, with MLG at the helm this can be a surefire win.

A Halo 1 event would easily make a profit. I saw an original Xbox with Halo 1 going for $5 at the local cashies.

If we have to stick to Halo 5, how about events for 2v2s and FFA. The Halo 4 Global Championship was exciting. How fun would it be to watch 2v2s and see teams split and make duos and fight it out to see who will be the best duo. Also, make FFA a bigger deal as well but the focus will be on 2v2s.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If we have to stick to Halo 5, how about events for 2v2s and FFA. The Halo 4 Global Championship was exciting. How fun would it be to watch 2v2s and see teams split and make duos and fight it out to see who will be the best duo. Also, make FFA a bigger deal as well but the focus will be on 2v2s.

splyce vs splyce would be sick. imagine all that emotion on one stage

• Upvote (+1) 8

splyce vs splyce would be sick. imagine all that emotion on one stage

Yea that would be sick! Imagine Shotzzy vs Renegade or Frosty vs Snakebite. Just the team process itself would be very exciting to see who teams up.

Thiiiiiiiiiis

If we can't do a multigame throwback event (we should), at least showcase doubles. And make it an open event. Team passes would be so much easier to sell when you only gotta find one guy to team with.

Also, 8man FFA or GTFO. 6man is so boring.

Trying to rank in this game reminds me why I stopped playing in the first place, ho-lee fuck

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Trying to rank in this game reminds me why I stopped playing in the first place, ho-lee fuck

Oh hey good games