CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I do have fond memories of that "in-between" year of competitive H2A.

I think if somehow the powers at be decide to go back to MCC, the entire game should be made free in preparation for H6. Think of it like a company selling a product at a loss to build up market-share. In this case, 343 would be giving a game away for free in order to build up a community and momentum going into H6.

As we've seen with Fortnite and LoL, the free game approach works.

Hope they would do this but don't see them doing it, because it isn't just one game.. it's 4 games with 3 of them including remastered versions. Also, they just gave away $1M in prize money in an event where they had to have lost money doing, so I'm thinking they aren't in a position to make things free.

Players not getting hyped (or even seeming slightly excited) is fine for them and they are free to do whatever they want. It certainly hurts the fan experience though. 

H3A is a complete missed opportunity that would have paid for itself many times over, and Halo 6 better be a damn fucking good game because 343 has taken a long ass time developing this game without any sort of announcement or tease.

No amount of H5 changes in maps or game modes is going to make the game seem fresh. Unlike many here I've really enjoyed this game since launch and poured a ton of time into it, but its old and the game mechanics have reached a point where its not really all that enjoyable to watch even at the highest levels and the player base has largely left the game.

@@Vivi @@Tashi is there any way to get the live emblem if I didn't sign up at that laptop? 

• Upvote (+1) 8

No amount of H5 changes in maps or game modes is going to make the game seem fresh. Unlike many here I've really enjoyed this game since launch and poured a ton of time into it, but its old and the game mechanics have reached a point where its not really all that enjoyable to watch even at the highest levels and the player base has largely left the game.

yeah, I'm an SR149 and I can only really enjoy custom games at this point (or, occasionally, HCS)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think that if teams had been required to play eachother weekly that splyce wouldve been as dominant? Im thinking the gap between them and tox wouldve been a lot closer. Iirc tox won 2 of the last 3 gb tourneys against splyce and if nothing else it wouldve allowed a lot more practice against their style of play. If we see a pro league format next season im betting that the constant interaction with other teams could hurt splyce

And they've always been awful...

If that was your point then I would've agreed with you. You're definitely not wrong on THAT statement. Barrels shouldn't be in Halo. But that was a big play to save that game regardless and it had nothing to do with Halo 5. I was hyped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think if somehow the powers at be decide to go back to MCC, the entire game should be made free in preparation for H6. Think of it like a company selling a product at a loss to build up market-share. In this case, 343 would be giving a game away for free in order to build up a community and momentum going into H6.

Imagine if there was Midship orrrr Ivory Tower? Maybe a remake from another title like Pit, Narrows or Construct? H2A would've been rock solid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The MCC patch is supposed to ship with "intelligent delivery" allowing users to choose which chunks of the game they want to download and install. this would make it perfect candidate for a free release. the currently massive file size would turn people away, even if it's free.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For me, Halo 5 deserves better. It could be one of the coolest versions of Halo with the right tweaks but I'm fearful and saddened that it will likely never reach that point.

I totally agree

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think that if teams had been required to play eachother weekly that splyce wouldve been as dominant? Im thinking the gap between them and tox wouldve been a lot closer. Iirc tox won 2 of the last 3 gb tourneys against splyce and if nothing else it wouldve allowed a lot more practice against their style of play. If we see a pro league format next season im betting that the constant interaction with other teams could hurt splyce

IMO the only way that would've brought Tox closer is if it helped Tox realize sooner that they needed to change their playstyle in order to have a chance against Splyce.

But they've been pretty intent on 'playing their game', and in that sense I don't think repetition would have made much of a difference. If 2 straight finals plus several finals for online qualifiers wasn't enough of a sample size for Tox, who studies the game and prepares for opponents more than any other team, then idk...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honest question: why couldn't we do both? A mix of 2A and 3.

I'd be fine with h2a if they added some more maps. H2A with midship and maybe beaver creek would be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I feel like now would be a good time to push for no sprint if you don't want it in comp Halo 6.

2010 flashbacks

• Upvote (+1) 3

2010 flashbacks

I'm already positive sprint will be in Halo 6, but if we don't want it in competitive this is pretty much the last chance imo...

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Zavehi - DM me your GT.

This is like when the teacher says you have to go to the principle's office, but you aren't sure if you're in trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 8

2010 flashbacks

At least it’s not as bad as when they tried having bloom.

Not sure who over there thinks sprint, grappling, and thrusting are amazing features

These are really great. Team Envy has put out some really good content so far for their Halo team. Their Day 1, 2, and 3 (this one) HWC recap vids are really well done. Definitely recommend checking them out.

• Upvote (+1) 4