CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Goldenboy said after the grand finals that there will be more H5 events

Just gonna hope he didn't mean what he said then. If they are integrating LAN on MCC, they should be using that until they come out with a completely new game. From my current experience of waiting in a 15 minute queue to play Team Hardcore.. makes me think they need more traffic over on MCC. Fix some tweaks and direct the community over there and it'll be great. 

Halo 6 should be a simple as can be. Go back to the mechanics of Halo 2/Halo 3, symmetrical maps, with a Halo 3 ranking system. Provide it with some incentive to play (tournaments) and Halo will be back in it's prime. 

Tried to watch the tournament this past weekend, and the setup was amazing. Main stage was awesome, production was great. But damn, it was so hard to keep watching because the game was so boring. I felt like i was forcing myself to watch rather than being engaged. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just gonna hope he didn't mean what he said then. If they are integrating LAN on MCC, they should be using that until they come out with a completely new game. From my current experience of waiting in a 15 minute queue to play Team Hardcore.. makes me think they need more traffic over on MCC. Fix some tweaks and direct the community over there and it'll be great. 

Halo 6 should be a simple as can be. Go back to the mechanics of Halo 2/Halo 3, symmetrical maps, with a Halo 3 ranking system. Provide it with some incentive to play (tournaments) and Halo will be back in it's prime. 

Tried to watch the tournament this past weekend, and the setup was amazing. Main stage was awesome, production was great. But damn, it was so hard to keep watching because the game was so boring. I felt like i was forcing myself to watch rather than being engaged. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Can I just take a minute to say how great it is to see your name online again. It's been too fucking long my dude. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honest question: why couldn't we do both? A mix of 2A and 3.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm not going to hate on anyone for how they react to a certain situation - everyone is different. I will however say that from a spectator experience... watching a team casually take the trophy, say 10 words or fewer and walk off... I think it really negatively impacts the 'spectacle' of the finals.

One one side of the spectrum we see @@GoldenboyFTW intro which was so fucking hype... then post game interviews and outro which were just... awkward.

Goldenboy absolutely killed it during the finals intro. I remember talking to him at the gears event the weekend before and he was telling me they were going to do a bigger and better version of what he did In Orlando.

Oh man did he deliver. So hype.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Imagine in the post-game interview one of the players started to breakdown and cry, or even just huddled and hugged each other after winning. The crowd would have erupted in support and the Splyce players would have gained some life long fans. Right now, a lot of people probably want to see Splyce lose next season.

There's no question these guys pour their hearts into the game, but if you're a fan watching you don't really have any way of knowing that or relating to it. It's the same when someone wins an Oscar and starts crying on stage. I've never acted but I can relate to the passion when I see it, which draws me closer to that person. Naded is not the best player in the world but fans love him because of the passion he shows.

Non-celebrations seem to be pervasive in culture today too though. How many viral videos have we seen where a kid hits a three-pointer from across the court and instead of jumping up to celebrate, he just walks slowly while his teammates surround him and jump on him. As if it were easy, as if it weren't miraculous, as if they had done it many times before.

I'm not criticizing the players, I've never been in their shoes - just exploring where I think a lot of fans are coming from.

splyce showed emotion, they just showed it with memeing on stage. that i think boils down to immaturity i guess, tox has always been business like but when nv won fall finals 2017 we saw the jumping up and down emotions. the same with naded or ninja qualifying for worlds lat year. those were awesome moments. but i think its unfair to expect everyone to treat that situation the same way. everyone gets to react differently and when you factor in the crowd, the emotional fatigue, any social awkwardness and who knows how many other factors that make up the people on the team, you get different responses.

i think we shouldnt put any of these players in a box and say they should react a certain way or that they dont care if they arent breaking down into tears. i always thought people saying they didnt want a certain team to win because they didnt show the right emotion was ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2A with more maps please!

BTW why didn't 343 use Forge maps for H2A if the problem for competitive was the lack of maps?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone interested in a Huke discussion?  Question - Was it a wise choice to leave for COD?  

Tournament money

*Assuming he teamed with Snipedown or Mikwen, he would have earned $15000 from tournaments (or more if that makes them a better team)

*With NV - he has earned $11,625 since learning for COD

Things that are unknown

*Salary variance between Halo and COD teams.

*Enjoyment of the game

*3 Year old game vs. a new COD (which from what I can tell, the competitive community does not like)

I know a lot of people just don't like H5 or are getting sick of it at this point, but if WWII is just as bad, wouldn't you want to play for more money?  I guess it's really hindsight at this point though.

I mean if we're looking at it from an objective money only standpoint he would have almost definitely done better in Halo. Considering how close Nv and Rec were at finals Huke would absolutely have made a series changing difference. But that's only if you account for money made up to today. COD actually has more events scheduled, we have no Idea when more money could be made in Halo.

I don't think anyone is really loving playing Halo or COD at the pro level, at least not as much as they would if there wasn't stale/bad gameplay in the mix.

H2A with more maps please!

BTW why didn't 343 use Forge maps for H2A if the problem for competitive was the lack of maps?

They planned to, I actually played a few of them a couple weeks ago in 1v1's for banter. Think they scrapped the idea after frame rate issues, bland looking maps and nobody agreeing on what maps should be added to H2A competitive.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i think we shouldnt put any of these players in a box and say they should react a certain way or that they dont care if they arent breaking down into tears. i always thought people saying they didnt want a certain team to win because they didnt show the right emotion was ridiculous

lol it's pretty simple, if the players on Splyce look bored and nonchalant then why shouldn't I be bored about them winning?  No one is asking the players to break down crying while simultaneously doing backflips, but ffs man, couldn't any of the players look, like, not bored?  If Stellur and Eco literally look mildly annoyed about winning $125k each, then why should I be excited for them?  

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm still kinda amazed H3A wasn't a thing, with lackluster titles recently and delayed games it would have been perfect for Xbox last fall.

Agreed 100%. It wasn’t a thing because no one had incentive to play it and all the incentive to play Halo 5 even if H3A was a better game.

lol it's pretty simple, if the players on Splyce look bored and nonchalant then why shouldn't I be bored about them winning? No one is asking the players to break down crying while simultaneously doing backflips, but ffs man, couldn't any of the players look, like, not bored? If Stellur and Eco literally look mildly annoyed about winning $125k each, then why should I be excited for them?

it really doesn't matter of people excited or disgusted by their display... people must feel SOMETHING about them because they are talking about them - mission accomplished

Splyce probably dont gain many on the bandwagon with their lack of emotional displays. but they certainly got people on the hate train who will tune in in hopes to see them get toppled

• Upvote (+1) 1

I voted for H2A. Im sure Halo 3 would win the vote but at least the H2A BR can shoot worth a damn.

I voted for updated halo 5 honestly, but it got me thinking that what I really want is just more variety.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I voted for H2A. Im sure Halo 3 would win the vote but at least the H2A BR can shoot worth a damn.

It's not even on the list, but if 343 can get MCC up and running, nothing would be sexier than a full season of classic Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, Halo 5 deserves better. It could be one of the coolest versions of Halo with the right tweaks but I'm fearful and saddened that it will likely never reach that point.

I think you nailed it. I think H5 has the potential to be a great Halo title. It just wasn't unlocked. If we can't get it right with H5, I'd much prefer H2A over H3 if 343 goes back to MCC for tournaments before H6

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not going to hate on anyone for how they react to a certain situation - everyone is different. I will however say that from a spectator experience... watching a team casually take the trophy, say 10 words or fewer and walk off... I think it really negatively impacts the 'spectacle' of the finals.

One one side of the spectrum we see @@GoldenboyFTW intro which was so fucking hype... then post game interviews and outro which were just... awkward.

The pre-finals introduction where goldenboy spoke with lethul and Shotzzy might have been the most awkward spectacle I have ever witnessed in my life. Lethul has always been soft spoken in interviews, but hands in pockets, people just standing lazy (slouching), people need some PR lessons, like if you're team is a top contender it should be mandatory, whats the point of a tournament that costs literally 10s of thousands of dollars, and possibly close to a million in just production, venue costs, personnel, if the people competing are just going to be that tripped up, it looks really bad for eSports a whole. 

Not trying to shit on anyone, but man, when someone is even playing in an NFL game, let alone winning the SB, they are SO HYPE, or at least have some personality (look at marshawn lynch).

Good grief the wait times in h5 matchmaking are horrendous. I don’t remember it being this bad.