CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don’t notice the random spread of the BR at all

A couple of months ago you were arguing with your stream chat that Halo 2 was projectile based. I don't really trust what you do or do not notice.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On the verge of a full blown burst vs single shot war... Please... I... Cannot go back to that life

that video is fucking ridiculous i still cant believe its real

• Upvote (+1) 1

That 35 MB update broke my game and made me reinstall the whole thing. RIP.

I genuinely think I'd rather just wait for Halo 6 than reinstall the entirety of Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the new BR, feels like Halo, it’s only trash in comparison to the god pistol now, just like every other weapon. DMR was balanced to be a long distance weapon which is what it’s meant for, camo is actually camo, pistol magnetism breaks the game so all you guys who love missing shots and still getting hit markers must be the ones complaining about the new BR. If everyone starts with it, no one is at a disadvantage. Before the BR was literally broken, I would miss shots and the game would just hand me a perfect. Plz learn to lead and actually keep your reticule on your enemy, I don’t notice the random spread of the BR at all, and if we could deal with H3 spread then this is fkn incredible in comparison to that BR.

So it begins.

Do you believe that it's at least worth testing?

No. It's clear already that it simply isn't suited as a Primary as it is now, and it most likely won't be changed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You people are ignoring the speed that people run in H5, imagine a thrusting sliding player, how many bullets are you going to hit with a BR.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Guys. I just got all of this intel from Str8 Sick's stream so here is rostermania as it stands

Teams:

OpTic: Same. 

NV: Mikwen, Snipedown, Spartan, & Penguin

Liquid: Stellur, Eco, Shotzzy, & Renegade

LG: Ola, Bubu, Saiyan, Trippey

Cryptik/Splyce: Suspector, Ryanoob, Shooter, & Rayne

F/A or Unknown: APG, Commonly, Danoxide, Contra, Lunchbox, Nemassist, Prototype, Dastroyed, Naded, Articc, Demon D, Claim, Musa, Str8 Sick, & Ninja

Partial Teams: Str8: Ace, Falcated, Tapping. El Town, & Neptune. Baby J & Sabinater.

Almost nothing but OpTic is guaranteed.

Lol....

I genuinely think I'd rather just wait for Halo 6 than reinstall the entirety of Halo 5. 

Couldn't if I wanted too. The game is massive.

To everyone that thinks the BR is random from watching the sandbox update stream, have you even played halo 5 since the update. If you are aiming at your target, your bullets will hit. Now that the cadence within the burst is longer, you have to hold your crosshair on target longer. But if your crosshair is on target 100% of the time, you’ll get a perfect. It’s no where near as random as people are trying to say.

Also, the BR was obviously balanced as a starting weapon. The pistol is legitimately easy and as a starting weapon you won’t ever drop it. If the Br was the starting weapon, you’d pick up the weaker DMR to surprise at range. Every weapon is better than the BR at something, but the BR is “good” at everything but will win battles against just about any gun at mid range (assuming no pistols on map).

I’m all for BR starts, if not for better balance, than for a damn change of pace. The game at the competitive level and even Onyx matchmaking has gotten so stale.

Ditto.

Leibman: So I'm paying this guy to do what exactly? Wait...I'm paying 3 of these people to do nothing but live here?

accidental neg, sry
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Leibman: So I'm paying this guy to do what exactly? Wait...I'm paying 3 of these people to do nothing but live here?

Leibman: I have to pay them to do something Hector. Welcome the 3 newest members of the Texas Rangers Field Crew, Nick "Maniac" Kershner, Marcus "Mboze" Blanks, and Michael "Flamesword" Chaves. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Want to know why H3 was such a competitive game? 

I think it's because you could "run and shoot", not "run then shoot". 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think there's some balance between weapon strength and urgency to move around the map which Snipedown mentioned earlier that Halo 5 can't really achieve. It's hard to put a finger on exactly why, but I don't think there's a CE-esque gem hidden in this game that weapon balancing can bring out.

CE had a very powerful pistol for one thing, but power-weapons and power-ups were on short respawn times and there was a huge incentive to stay moving and keep control.

With Halo 3, it happened to be a weak BR that forced movement.

Halo 5 has easy, powerful weapons with a mess of movement options and large maps. It's just a weird game.

• Upvote (+1) 3