CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yy9lYes.png

:thinking:  E3

Didn't 343 say that Halo 6 was going to based off of Halo 5? Even with the 4 year gap a brand new engine seems unlikely to me.

Genuinely, I think it’s Snakebite. There were two listen in’s from Orlando and Columbus where you can hear Eco in one and, I think (don’t know his voice very well), Stellur in another ask, “Where is Snakebite?” And then “We’ve gotta find Snakebite. There he is, bottom blue, bottom blue. Snakebite, bottom blue.” He was also the only player who’s name was called out more than once while one shot from what I heard. I.e... “One shot, top cat, Snakebite, Snakebite, Snakebite.”

I could be reaching here and might be wrong, but this was my initial impression when I heard the listen in’s during the last events, before the Shotzzy interview took place. I immediately assumed based on what I heard that Splyce was doing to Snakebite what Carbon did to Neighbor in 2007. The listen in for the last game of Columbus (Coli slayer), I believe has a pretty clear example of what I’m talking about.

It absolutely was SB. He is still a contender for the #1 overall player in Halo 5 and the absolute BIGGEST threat on Optic as far as clutch plays that could disrupt Splyce. 

Fantastic post, love the throwback.

All eyes on Saiyan imo. I feel like he will be a part of the team to take down Splyce.

Couldn't agree more. He is definitely headed to the top. I'd like to see Penguin, Saiyan, Neptune and Sabinater. That's my dream team to maybe have a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Couldn't agree more. He is definitely headed to the top. I'd like to see Penguin, Saiyan, Neptune and Sabinater. That's my dream team to maybe have a chance.

I'd like to see Saiyan on Rec over Penguin and see how that squad plays out.  I see Saiyan as Penguin with a better shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yy9lYes.png

lol, come on now. Reboot, not happening. New engine, not happening. Warzone, beta, release date all make sense.

yy9lYes.png

I'm going to assume this is real until provided with evidence otherwise.

Anyone know what "reboot" would mean?

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is how I approach all of your posts.

• Upvote (+1) 7

h3 remaster? who cares... WARZONE 2.0

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't 343 say that Halo 6 was going to based off of Halo 5? Even with the 4 year gap a brand new engine seems unlikely to me.

"Brand new engine" most likely means modified H5 engine. Destiny 2 still is using stuff from H1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're a fuckin weeb but it was great hanging out finally. Safe travels Mikwen.

surprised how much time we got to spend together and you still placed 3rd at the event. wild

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd like to see Saiyan, Mikwin, Royal 2, and Frosty. Would be interesting but I still would find it hard to see Tox change stuff up since they have been together for so long, however three losses in a row seems like time for a change. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol, come on now. Reboot, not happening. New engine, not happening. Warzone, beta, release date all make sense.

Trailer AFTER a beta makes zero sense

It absolutely was SB. He is still a contender for the #1 overall player in Halo 5 and the absolute BIGGEST threat on Optic as far as clutch plays that could disrupt Splyce.

If you can slay Snakebite, you really weaken Tox's comms. If you slay anyone on Splyce, not sure their comms are impacted. Might even improve based in what we heard on listen-ins this weekend. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

speaking of a new engine, i think Halo on UE4 + old-school artstyle would be breathtaking.

in an ideal alternate universe, instead of spending 5 years making H4 and launching on 360, 343s first task would have been to move to or build a future proof engine so they could deliver a flagship worthy halo for the Xbox one launch window.

Not from OpTic, from us.

Thanks for the support during the HaloWC season everyone!

Thats awesome! I had just read that on the optic reddit so ill have to set that straight.

Excellent job on the worlds season my man!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just spit-balling here, so feel free to poke holes in my thought process.

• I don't necessarily think the next big Halo release will be Halo 6. It could be, but I don't think we know for sure.
  • That being said, the term 'genesis' makes me think Halo: Reach - which wasn't the first game released, but took place before CE in terms of the story line
  • Adding Reach to MCC has been talked about before hasn't it? So in that sense it wouldn't be that surprising
  • Compared to H5, I wouldn't mind a rebooted Halo Reach being the next game on the circuit, especially if they managed to remake all the competitive forge maps and give them color

There are probably a million ways I'm wrong. Like Warzone 2.0......would be hard to fit that into Reach, especially considering all the additional weapons/vehicles H5 has that Reach doesn't. The timeline also seems like a stretch. On one hand they screwed up MCC so bad, I can see the need for a beta/extended timeline to make sure they get it right, plus maybe time to add enhancements to the game (IE Warzone 2.0).

Also Terraform's sig above your post with the Neighbor tweet - he's done at 343 right? I don't think he'd have so publicly voiced his displeasure with the direction 343 was taking Halo if it was related to rebooting a past Halo game like Reach.

It's all speculation at this point. Frankly just the fact that there are rumors generates some excitement after 343 hinting there wouldn't be anything.

Guys I found this leaked screenshot of Halo: Genesis 

hqdefault.jpg

smh it's like 4k is almost too real sometimes

• Upvote (+1) 6