CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

snip

Ideally, we'll get a teaser at E3, with a beta launching around December and a new game next fall. 

And hopefully news on what's next for the HCS in the next week or two.

Edit: @@Clap, could you give us some more official viewership numbers?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something about this tournament and the reaction afterwards that just makes me super excited for the future of Halo esports. Truly hope it doesn't get swept aside. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or they could like announce it at the biggest gaming expo of the year.... (E3-June)

Let's be real... which one do you think is going to garner them more exposure?  :lxthul:

Not only this, but what developer is going to take the momentum they have during/after HaloWC and go hey, "Yeah fuck the game everyone is here to watch - here's a teaser of the new hotness which is too early in development to have meaningful esports information. Enjoy!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not only this, but what developer is going to take the momentum they have during/after HaloWC and go hey, "Yeah fuck the game everyone is here to watch - here's a teaser of the new hotness which is too early in development to have meaningful esports information. Enjoy!"

If they dont announce something at E3, I will be a bit concerned. I do agree though that an announcement at Worlds would have been a hype killer. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Possibly the developer who had a Halo 4 side tourney at a Reach event. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Rec picking up Neptune if there is a big roster shuffle

I'm pretty sure the Halo community will riot if there's no announcement, or even hint of an announcement, at E3. Last time people were pissed and that was even after 343 fucking told us there would be nothing.

yy9lYes.png

:thinking: E3

this screams “this is what I saw rumoured online, let me throw it in a fake leak”. Happy to be proved wrong though.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

this screams “this is what I saw rumoured online, let me throw it in a fake leak”. Happy to be proved wrong though.

The guy who "leaked" it has screamride 2 on his list... Yeah...

yy9lYes.png

:thinking:  E3

probably b.s. but certainly interesting ... we know it'll be split-screen, I wonder how the word 'reboot' is being used here though.  multi-player beta in late 2018 makes sense.  we know they're keeping warzone (it's very popular + a ton of $$$ from reqs) so makes sense that they would expand on it ... hmm.

yy9lYes.png

:thinking:  E3

I know it's most likely bullshit, but between Halo and Splinter Cell, I really hope it's not. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's most likely bullshit, but between Halo and Splinter Cell, I really hope it's not.

Splinter-Cell is a pretty easy guess; Michael Ironside came back to do VA for it in ghost recon, and had an interview on inside xbox about the franchise too, makes it really seem like a new one is coming. Addin rumors floating around and it seems even more likely.

Splinter-Cell is a pretty easy guess; Michael Ironside came back to do VA for it in ghost recon, and had an interview on inside xbox about the franchise too, makes it really seem like a new one is coming. Addin rumors floating around and it seems even more likely.

Yeah I think it's pretty much a lock at this point. The earliest rumors involving Ironside actually originated before last years E3, so I won't really be satisfied until there's an actual announcement. But with him returning for Wildlands, and his recent interview with Major Nelson, I'd be surprised if there's not an announcement this summer. 

Thanks for the support this weekend you toxic bastards :P

GGs Splyce

GGs Halo

:Toxic:  :Toxic:  :Toxic:

If they dont announce something at E3, I will be a bit concerned. I do agree though that an announcement at Worlds would have been a hype killer. 

I fully expect an announcement or teaser at E3. Forcing the information drought to last any longer than that seems reckless. 

Hey everyone, waiting at my airport gate now to return home/school. I promised a post-mortem of my MLG/HWC experience and I will get it out eventually if I can avoid being buried by school work.

Thank you all for the kind words throughout all three NA events on the tour, this community and Halo as a whole warms my heart and will always be ingrained in my DNA more than I can ever articulate.

Orlando was life changing, Columbus was badass, and Worlds was the event that Halo has needed for a long time.

For the foreseeable future, my journey with MLG and the HCS has come to a close, but I am extremely proud of the impact I made on the broadcast and production of Halo Esports as a dedicated observer. I can only hope they will continue to evolve and improve, as there is still a lot of work to be done.

Love you all. Stay classy, will talk more soon.

You're a fuckin weeb but it was great hanging out finally. Safe travels Mikwen.

• Upvote (+1) 5

All eyes on Saiyan imo. I feel like he will be a part of the team to take down Splyce.

Also Im editing some photos now and damn do I miss Worlds already. That crowd, the hype, everything was so incredible. Being there was a T1 experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 5