CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My takeaways from the event;

Penguin had a great series again nV, best player that series.

Splyce is stronk at flag and slayers, but very beatable in strongholds.

Frosty best player on Tox, if there's a team that can take down Splyce if Halo 5... will be played for one more year, it has Frosty on it.

Pistola is still so fucking hard to kill.

Ace is horrible with camo and he had a really bad series against Rec.

wtf happened with Oxygen & Str8?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand why the sudden ' hate ' with the Splyce squad, it's not their fault that they are so FUCKING TALENTED. I'm no fan of them but I just don't see why the 'hate', maybe it's the fact that their ' work ethic ' isn't as good as Tox ? Their Charisma(or lack thereof)? The fact that it is Halo 5(lul)?

Anyway, I think it's safe to way we got Rostermania coming upon us and I am looking forward to it. 

By the way, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE WIZARD, period.

Honestly, you just see the "hate" because of the fall out with Optic and the cool story of TOX and Beyond and all 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want Tox to stay together for at least one season with the new Halo game (if it's more classic) to see how it works vs splyce without the spartan abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk why everyone says they just play super fast and fly like they don't think or have something in mind. They just make correct/coordinated decisions quickly. Its not like they're just flying like some randies across the map. On top of that they're just flat out better. They out shoot people. They get weapons and power ups because they go to where they need to be quickly and then destroy people trying to contest them if the other team even shows up to begin with. It just bugs me that people can't appreciate that the speed and fluidity that their team moves at is only because of just how smart and individually dominant they are and instead attribute it to the game sucking and holding forward

• Upvote (+1) 6

Idk why everyone says they just play super fast and fly like they don't think or have something in mind. They just make correct/coordinated decisions quickly. Its not like they're just flying like some randies across the map. On top of that they're just flat out better. They out shoot people. They get weapons and power ups because they go to where they need to be quickly and then destroy people trying to contest them if the other team even shows up to begin with. It just bugs me that people can't appreciate that the speed and fluidity that their team moves at is only because of just how smart and individually dominant they are and instead attribute it to the game sucking and holding forward

I dont think anybody is saying thats all they do.  If that is all they did they would just be dying alone all over the map  Their coordination is top notch (while barely talking.. wtf clap was right they are robots lol) as is their gunskill and surviveability.  But they do play very fast and fly around the map more than other teams. that is a fact and not the kind of game i want to play and frankly it makes the game a lot harder to follow for even people like me that haven't missed watching a Halo tournament since H2A.  What they do is incredibly impressive but that fact doesn't make it something that i want to watch all the time.

It is not required that the respect you have for a teams skill = how much you enjoy the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 7

my first instinct was to say that everyone needs to make a change, including Tox ... but Tox beat Splyce 3-1 in a series three weeks ago.  It is technically possible, if they study enough film, for Tox to truly compete with Splyce.  

everyone else is doomed though lol.  best team I can think of is Saiyan, Snipedown, Tripppey, Mikwen

thanks @@Ninja

RsuvQTW.png

Ninja said he wouldn't host unless he was paid. Wonder how much 343 gave him lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

The problem is that Ninja's audience is mostly PC players. I really think for Halo to have a chance at regaining popularity it would have to be a PC game that doesn't require windows. They can keep it as an exclusive to Xbox on console. The competitive scene would probably also have to move to PC as much as I hate the idea.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was one that said that I prefer to watch Tox dominate than to watch Splyce fly fly fly, jump jump jump, grenade grenade grenade, shot shot shot as a viewer. I saw more people saying stuff like that, I didnt see people (or at least not the majority) saying they don't use tactics or coordenation. If it was easy everybody would do it, what they do is very very very impressive and very difficult to do, and I don't think anyone denied that, there is a lot of team work, a lot of timing. Just to make myself clear, because I saw people turning around stuff that I said and putting more to it that I never intend to say it.

This just to add to what @@Apoll0 said before.

i mean a huge part of their strategy is quick movement. i dont know how they are able to roam so quick, but their 2+2 vs 4 is such a good strat when paired with their shot. when tox was trying to set up, splyce was able to pick of single targets with bait and switch or teamshot and completely destroy the set up. plus their constant flag pulls bait teams into giving up their push and collapsing back again disrupting set ups and allowing them to regain map control. 

if their aggression is matched then they can be beaten. tox was able to regain full control with some quick kills, an aggressive push and flag pull, another kill or 2 and a quick run. i think that if tox had played with the same intensity all series as they did when they scored those last 2 flags then we would be looking at a much closer result, if not a tox win. they showed that they are able to match that style, now they just need to practice it and have that become their norm

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did anyone else get a HWC survey? 

Just got one.

------

As always, please refrain from posting screenshots and stuff from it :)

The competitive scene would probably also have to move to PC as much as I hate the idea.

Agreed. It's very... jarring for me to watch Halo and console shooters in general after having switched over to PC. The stiff aiming movements, the noticeable auto-aim. I understand people want the legacy to stay with console, but I honestly believe if Halo 6 is going to grow, PC needs to be a focal point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want more open events. Can we get at least 1 tournament every month. Watching halo tournaments are amazing. Also, I do agree that the best team to take Splyce down assuming TOX sticks together is Mikwen, Snipedown, Saiyan and Trippey

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem is that Ninja's audience is mostly PC players. I really think for Halo to have a chance at regaining popularity it would have to be a PC game that doesn't require windows. They can keep it as an exclusive to Xbox on console. The competitive scene would probably also have to move to PC as much as I hate the idea.

Shooting from the hip here but let's say Microsoft pushes their play anywhere thing with Windows 10 and Xbox One, however, for competitive Halo they require a controller? 

This way you can play it from your pc or xbox one but it is a level playing field. 

So wins for Microsoft - Play Anywhere agenda pushes forward

- Sell more elite controllers 

The Halo community wins because you get a bigger platform and you keep the console feel of the game? 

Of course the mouse keyboard people will rise up in protest but it is just a thought

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shooting from the hip here but let's say Microsoft pushes their play anywhere thing with Windows 10 and Xbox One, however, for competitive Halo they require a controller?

This way you can play it from your pc or xbox one but it is a level playing field.

So wins for Microsoft - Play Anywhere agenda pushes forward

nice memen - Sell more elite controllers

The Halo community wins because you get a bigger platform and you keep the console feel of the game?

Of course the mouse keyboard people will rise up in protest but it is just a thought

First goal, release H6 on Steam, we can talk about other things later.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tox shouldn’t and won’t make a roster change.

I still stick by my hot take from earlier this season that I'd like to see Saiyan in place of Royal 2 on TOX.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I still stick by my hot take from earlier this season that I'd like to see Saiyan in place of Royal 2 on TOX.

Saiyan is amazing no doubt, but why Royal 2? Im just curious about the reason because he consistently has the highest K/D on the team with a TON of damage.

• Upvote (+1) 1