CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so there was supposed to be a special announcement this tourny, it was teased on twitter. what was it?

Tashi said on Twitter that there would be no announcement.

How were the games going? Who else was playing? Did anyone take games from OGRE2?

@@Silos can you confirm you are truly a god?

Games were a ton of fun to play and watch. I hadn’t played legit CE in many years so it was fun to break out the thumbs for the one game I played.

I don’t think Ogre2 lost a game. Just destroyed everyone. He was also playing the entire time with another CE pro who’s name is escaping me which led to some very lopsided scores.

@@MATCLAN and @@Sandman played quite a bit I think.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watched the VODs. Event as a whole was great. Still need to work on downtime. SS/Butters shouldn't be casting in their current capacity, all due respect. Splyce is dominant. Looking forward to rostermania. Will write a post-season review at some point. Hopefully we get some news soon.

But man, Splyce is so fucking good.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It honestly tilts me seeing people say all Splyce do is fly and out skill people.

They are the only team that apply pressure across all four members while still making smart individual plays and staying alive whenever possible, and avoiding unnecessary damage.

Other teams outside the top take a lot of free damage randomly or don't apply pressure together.

There was one part of RNG vs Rec where the casters were talking about how good Lunchbox's decision making is... At that exact moment, he was alone in his treehouse backing up to his side of the map, looking nowhere, as two of his teammates pushed the Rec base. They both died and Lunch got pushed from top mid and enemy silo. If it had been Splyce, the player at tree would have pushed up to Silo and choked out remaining options.

Yup.

You don't beat Tox 8:1 just by flying around.

Splyce are incredible and, as I said before, an absolute joy to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What a fantastic season. Only if we had new maps and game types thrown in the mix. Pretty sure H6 is coming out 2019 ( they are about to film the TV series that will most likely be part of H6 marketing) so there will be most likely much more H5. Kind of doubt they will roll back to H2A. So hopefully they got plans for new maps and gametypes getting ready soon.

As for Splyce. People adapted to CLG style. They will adapt to Splyce style and we WILL see closer series. However, their style is much harder to replicate I think as it's based on constant movement and pressure and not all players in the league can do this. Can't wait to see the new teams. Seeing the quick and monstrous success of players like Shotzzy, we will probably see a lot of new faces too. MLG also brought back seriousness and professionalism, so we seem like a serious business again. Don't ever let MLG go. Their work is invaluable.

Hopefully 343 will build on this.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It honestly tilts me seeing people say all Splyce do is fly and out skill people.

They are the only team that apply pressure across all four members while still making smart individual plays and staying alive whenever possible, and avoiding unnecessary damage.

Other teams outside the top take a lot of free damage randomly or don't apply pressure together.

There was one part of RNG vs Rec where the casters were talking about how good Lunchbox's decision making is... At that exact moment, he was alone in his treehouse backing up to his side of the map, looking nowhere, as two of his teammates pushed the Rec base. They both died and Lunch got pushed from top mid and enemy silo. If it had been Splyce, the player at tree would have pushed up to Silo and choked out remaining options.

I'm curious to know your opinion about the impact Splyce's coach had during the season. I feel like you'd be the perfect person to answer this question.

Watched the VODs. Event as a whole was great. Still need to work on downtime. SS/Butters shouldn't be casting in their current capacity, all due respect. Splyce is dominant. Looking forward to rostermania. Will write a post-season review at some point. Hopefully we get some news soon.

But man, Splyce is so fucking good.

^^ Yeah...

If StrongSide wasn't the legend he is, I don't think anyone would be okay with his level of casting. I really like the guy, but he's just not up to snuff.

I think Splyce just takes two rules that have remained constant across all Halos and exemplify it:

1. Don't Chase

2. Stay Alive

• Upvote (+1) 5

Rostermania should be a blast.

Any thoughts? 

I'd love to see some teams like this

Snakebite Royal 2 Saiyan Pistola 

Snipedown Mikwen Lethul Frosty

Spartan Penguin Bubu Trippey

I'm not sure what teams could form that would actually compete with Splyce though while the meta is what it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I woke up really sad that its all over. This worlds season was incredible. Hopefully mlg are here to stay. Also i hope we get some sort of announcement soon to the future of the hcs. I would hate to lose the momentum mlg has built for the scene because of radio silence from 343. I dont feel like sitting here and guessing what could be for long

Hopefully we get a pro circuit though

• Upvote (+1) 4

Better than saying "feels really good" and "it was easy"

Damn that's crazy! I'm guessing you've had a ton of experience answering questions while thousands of people watch after you've had a grueling day of competition. All before age 16, too! You're a master.

Two things:

- Really sucks that Spartan's controller disconnected - complete BS actually. 

- Lost all hype when Tox lost; don't have any interest in rooting for Splyce. They are good players. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't understand why the sudden ' hate ' with the Splyce squad, it's not their fault that they are so FUCKING TALENTED. I'm no fan of them but I just don't see why the 'hate', maybe it's the fact that their ' work ethic ' isn't as good as Tox ? Their Charisma(or lack thereof)? The fact that it is Halo 5(lul)?

Anyway, I think it's safe to way we got Rostermania coming upon us and I am looking forward to it. 

By the way, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE WIZARD, period.

• Upvote (+1) 3