CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can't believe we have less than 2 months to go until 343 announces the return of classic Halo. Man, that's going to be a great day, and a lot of us are going to be very happy.

a0njmOQ.png

good to see you back in trolling form

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like metaphorically Tox represented me as a player and my generation of Halos and Splyce represents the new age

FUN FACT: Renegade, Shotzy and Stellurs first events were in Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

FUN FACT: Renegade, Shotzy and Stellurs first events were in Halo 5. 

I feel so hopelessly old right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I personally enjoyed the whole tournament and didnt mind the finals being a 4-0. It showed that a team could reach a whole new level in H5. While it may seem like Splyce are just running and flying everywhere like maniacs it really discredits how good they are when people say they have no actual game plan. They have great shots and amazing teamwork. The amount of times I saw teams get bait & switched was insane. You would constantly see them be one shot just to have a teammate show up and save them time and time again. Then on top of it all they are pulling off ridiculous spring jumps with ease. Congrats to them for creating new heights in this game.

Apart from that im sad that Renegades came out so flat. I would have like them to put up a better fight especially after the close game they had with NV. Lbx once again caught a lot of flack, but I thought he played really well all tournament and was hands down at least the 2nd best on the squad. He was constantly the guy coordinating the squad and it shows that he is still a top player. Hope he finds his way back to the top 4. If anyone was poor this tournament it is hands down Ace. I think on his day he can be great but this tournament he just wasnt. I know stats dont paint the whole picture but to not only have a .5 kd but also not even go positive in kda against rec is extremely poor. The moment when he had camo on rig and was wandering around in sewers by E1 while his team was fighting over on car and midhall really stood out. Im still proud of the team and feel they overall at least did well. I know a lot probably had them losing to infused so it was good to see them prove otherwise. The Rig SH comeback vs infused was top notch and was def a top highlight for me this tourney.

I know most are tired of H5, but I think that with some forge maps, a working oddball+another gametype, and maybe some sandbox changes all in coordination with the pros could work for one more season. Hell maybe even try something drastic like NBNS Reach did.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hell maybe even try something drastic like NBNS Reach did.

Like switching back to H2A?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like metaphorically Tox represented me as a player and my generation of Halos and Splyce represents the new age

And that’s why it feels a little painful

No salt though, I got to see a ton of great Halo this weekend, met some cool folks, and got first rounded in FFA by players much better than myself

This metaphor is so legit lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really though, I can’t understand 343 sometimes. You hype up HWC so much, and can’t even give any sort of announcement there? Not even some sort of teaser? Talk about an easy way to get people to tune in...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven’t posted here much over the last year (in fact, I think it was Worlds last years where I started to slow down) and I definitely haven’t paid attention or play much Halo either. Was able to catch a couple of games of the Finals and see reactions on social media and it looked lit. Glad to see it be successful.

I’m really going to make it a priority next year to go to Worlds if everything works out. Want to meet people I’ve known online for years and want to be able to experience this before I no longer have the opportunity. All the better if it ends up being Halo 6 and back in Seattle as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Interested to see what, if any, team changes occur amongst the top 4 teams. I'm really not sure what combination of 4 players could even stand a chance against splyce.

Peak of the event for me was beating Proverb on LAN in CE.

Mine was playing CE with @@Silos :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

Interested to see what, if any, team changes occur amongst the top 4 teams. I'm really not sure what combination of 4 players could even stand a chance against splyce.

The first step would be to try and match their aggression. 

Maybe Snipedown, Mikwen, Spartan, Saiyan?

Will be fun to see what changes are made regardless. 

so there was supposed to be a special announcement this tourny, it was teased on twitter. what was it?