CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Still cant believe microsoft lost cod.

They didn't lose it, they just didn't pay to renew the contract. And they put the money they would have spent into their first party esports titles so I'm okay with it.

I think you guys might be a little salty here...

Yes, halo 5 is not a great halo game, but no one was putting tox’s achievements into question when they won two worlds in the same game, plus ARs.

And about not showing emotion, tox did exactly the same thing for their two wins.

I know you guys are unhappy that your favorite team didn’t win, but there’s no need to put splyce down because of it.

EXACTLY!!! Thank you. Can we please remain OBJECTIVE here

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope you took a drink for me!  :kappa:

The second beer was reserved for you. It was a Jackie O's Mystic Mama. You're welcome  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like metaphorically Tox represented me as a player and my generation of Halos and Splyce represents the new age

And that’s why it feels a little painful

No salt though, I got to see a ton of great Halo this weekend, met some cool folks, and got first rounded in FFA by players much better than myself

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I'm saying their focus is on preventing Royal 2 from being able to put down damage.

Yes, by focusing on him more than the others...I mean he said it himself.

Tox was playing methodical Halo. Trying to set up traditional flag pulls. Splyce would just run as fast as possible the flag no matter the situation. Then keep flooding the base until they could do it again. For me it cheapens Halo meta but its not the fault of Splyce. Its what works best for Halo 5. It just bugs me a team can win with that type of plays. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They didn't lose it, they just didn't pay to renew the contract. And they put the money they would have spent into their first party esports titles so I'm okay with it.

Thats losing it. It was a shortsighted decision, that helped kill interest in the console.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Pfft, you guys don't know pain.

/Roybox/EG fan

Hey, we got a good H2A->x-games run, gotta give the other fans some wins too.

Hey, we got a good H2A->x-games run, gotta give the other fans some wins too.

Yeah, I can't complain too hard. We had Instinct in H3, GodSquad in HR and then EG in H2A. 

H5 was rough though.

I really hope we get new Halo news soon. This was a great event for Halo 5 and I really think Halo need a fresh reset. I think at this point Halo 5, overall, has been a success. It didn't fumble like Reach or 4 did. It wasn't perfect either though. All I hope, is going foward, the next title takes it to the next level.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Whatever happened to the Oddball gametype? Was it not good enough for competitive play?

Spawns among other things were broken, so it was removed a long time ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tox was playing methodical Halo. Trying to set up traditional flag pulls. Splyce would just run as fast as possible the flag no matter the situation. Then keep flooding the base until they could do it again. For me it cheapens Halo meta but its not the fault of Splyce. Its what works best for Halo 5. It just bugs me a team can win with that type of plays.

Shot>posistion in Halo and always has been. Posistion is just a way to get a better shot. Do you want to go back to a burst projectile BR that can't kill someone past mid range without copious amount of teamshot that brings that skill ceiling of every player down?

This is literally what Tox has done to teams for the past 2 years. 3 minute CTF 3-0s, triple caps on strongholds, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The second beer was reserved for you. It was a Jackie O's Mystic Mama. You're welcome  :simms:

Jackie-O's >>>> their food at the brewery in athens is top teir

Thanks everyone for the support over the years with my photos. But im done for now. It means the world to me all the love you all have shared.

What a truly great event...hats off to MLG. They killed it. Best halo event ever honestly

It was great running into you and talking to you when our paths would cross at events.  

Appreciate all the hard work you've put in to the scene over the years. True badass.