CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If no Halo 6 this year then what else would there be?

Anything other than Halo 5. Please.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Nothing like some post tourney matchmaking and immediately matching a to4

• Upvote (+1) 6

Nah, Splyce is nasty at this game right now. Just excited we saw a bunch of really good series today. Not excited about 343 remaining in charge, but at least the scene is currently on the upswing with MLG back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think you guys might be a little salty here...

Yes, halo 5 is not a great halo game, but no one was putting tox’s achievements into question when they won two worlds in the same game, plus ARs.

And about not showing emotion, tox did exactly the same thing for their two wins.

I know you guys are unhappy that your favorite team didn’t win, but there’s no need to put splyce down because of it.

Yeah, saying "they just use gimmicks, shoot, and throw grenades" is quite the over simplification. Acting like they have no strategy is pretty silly. They just beat a team who was dominant for two years and worked their asses of to win for a third year. 

Splyce has perfected the way Halo 5 was meant to be played. I think a lot of the talk about how they don't practice is more because they don't really talk a lot. People hear one quote and run with it without full context. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ok but for real that better be the last halo 5 event, it feels like h3 2010 nationals; 3 years, ending in a dominant team getting a 3peat, including the season(year) finals.

And idk if I have any energy left to watch Fathom flag, empire sh, heck, every other gametype too any more after this.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think you guys might be a little salty here...

Yes, halo 5 is not a great halo game, but no one was putting tox’s achievements into question when they won two worlds in the same game, plus ARs.

And about not showing emotion, tox did exactly the same thing for their two wins.

I know you guys are unhappy that your favorite team didn’t win, but there’s no need to put splyce down because of it.

People were literally saying these exact same things when CLG/Optic won their world titles.

"Optic is winning because of ARs and radar",  and when they win they look like they don't care or don't realise they won 500k/1 Mil, or the trash talk during the listen-in of the Plaza SH in the 2016 finals.

Or when NV won Daytona it was the whole thing of "looks like Optic are missing their ARs"

It's just very weird to see this team of 4, who dominated the first 2 years of Halo 5, be beaten by another team 4-0 or 4-1 consistently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4ujVKWH.png

I think that's me, but I'm not sure why.

• Upvote (+1) 5

After watching that final Tox vs. nV Regret TS match, I wondered if I Regret TS was statistically the most "snowball-y" slayer map. But my primitive number crunching, which only looked at the difference in final score between the two teams in a match, showed that it had the LEAST average difference between winning and losing team of all the slayer matches (by a wide margin, too):

• Coliseum: 13.6738 avg. kill diff.
  • Plaza: 13.3429 avg. kill diff.
  • Rig: 13.3405 avg. kill diff.
  • Truth: 13.2788 avg. kill diff.
  • Regret: 12.7508 avg. kill diff.

Do you guys have some other way you would define "snowball-y"? Something that would be simple to check (I don't want to start keeping track of the average rate of increase of a lead or something like that lol). 

• Upvote (+1) 5

And idk if I have any energy left to watch Fathom flag, empire sh, heck, every other gametype too any more after this.

REGRET SLAYER OH MY GOD I'VE HAD ENOUGH

Will do. They have over 500 beers so I'm gonna need at least 498 of you to tell me to drink one for you too.

I hope you took a drink for me!  :kappa:

now_what_finding_nemo.gif

Looks like im going to wait for e3. See you guys in June.

MS ponies up for the next COD partnership so we can get a MLG Halo/COD/Gears mega lan...one can dream
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I may not enjoy playing Halo 5 anymore but god damn that was an incredible event that had me hooked from start to finish. That being said, I would not be dissapointed if this was the last H5 event. No better way to go out than on such a high note.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it safe to say Tox is closer to NV and Rec than they are to Splyce? Those were all 6 or 7 game series.

I think it is very safe to say this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it safe to say Tox is closer to NV and Rec than they are to Splyce? Those were all 6 or 7 game series.

You answered your own question there

• Upvote (+1) 2

MS ponies up for the next COD partnership so we can get a MLG Halo/COD/Gears mega lan...one can dream

Still cant believe microsoft lost cod.