CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Stone cold killers that just took a half a million dollars off the previous Halo 5 dynasty all calm, cool, and collected, clicking an easy button and walking off stage is more interesting to me than your run of the mill celebration, jumping up and down hugging each other and shit.

Maybe that's just me though.

Act like you've been there before. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splyce show why H5 is a broken bad game. They take full advantage of every gimmick added to H5. 

They also all have great shots. I'd really like to see these top Halo 5 teams in a more traditional Halo style game (just get rid of all spartan abilities, less nades) I think most of the top players would stay the same still.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Smh people saying Splyce > Final Boss when Splyce hasn't even won a tournament without AR starts.

Who’s saying that? Also AR starts haven’t been in the game for a year. Splyce have only won tournaments where there have been no ARs. Did you mess up your sentence?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Did you watch the Shotzy interview? He specifically stated they focus down one specific player on Tox. That's what I was referring to.

Yeah, I'm saying their focus is on preventing Royal 2 from being able to put down damage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splyce show why H5 is a broken bad game. They take full advantage of every gimmick added to H5. 

while i agree that yes H5 is a broken game but come on dude how come you didn't say this about TOX when they won the last two world champs with ARs and the same gimmicks lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Stone cold killers that just took a half a million dollars off the previous Halo 5 dynasty all calm, cool, and collected, clicking an easy button and walking off stage is more interesting to me than your run of the mill celebration, jumping up and down hugging each other and shit.

Maybe that's just me though.

It's just you.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Nothing again... No news. I'm expecting that the next Halo game will just appear in the store without anyone knowing or talking about it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's kind of depressing how even last year H5 felt like it's been out forever. If there was any proof that advanced movement is a flash in the pan... which means please don't do battle royale Halo 343 that shit will not last

Don't worry. We're moving back to H2A next season so everyone can warm up for Halo 6 which will feature classic movement. 

Splyce shows why H5 is a broken bad game. They take full advantage of every gimmick added to H5.

Taking advantage of game mechanics doesn't make it a gimmick. That's what it was designed for. I don't agree with it, but your statement is not accurate. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Taking advantage of game mechanics doesn't make it a gimmick. That's what it was designed for. I don't agree with it, but your statement is not accurate. 

He's saying all the spartan abilities are gimmicks.

They also all have great shots. I'd really like to see these top Halo 5 teams in a more traditional Halo style game (just get rid of all spartan abilities, less nades) I think most of the top players would stay the same still.

Splyce specifically, though, I think would see drop-off to top 3/4 instead of unanimous first. Tox would almost certainly beat them in H2A and I'd give Rec/nV fighting odds too.

Have none of these kids ever watched a team celebrate a championship? It's ok to get hype, dont just stand around like you dont care. 

You are right, last 2 HWC winners weren't the most stoic dudes in Halo  :lxthul:

LQMYpQ3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

while i agree that yes H5 is a broken game but come on dude how come you didn't say this about TOX when they won the last two world champs with ARs and the same gimmicks lol

Hey now, don't forget Royal 2 is the GOAT radar watcher.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's designed to be a gimmick, lol.

Nothing again... No news. I'm expecting that the next Halo game will just appear in the store without anyone knowing or talking about it.

Lowkey, though. Did anyone really expect a trailer/news on the next Halo at a tournament? 2016 and 2017 didn't have one, either. Dunno why we expected one now when E3's two months off. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

i couldve gotten behind splyce winning if they hadnt pulled out that easy button. trashtalk before the game is cool and builds intensity and rivalry; trashtalk post game is being an ass and kicking someone when theyre down

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's designed to be a gimmick, lol.

Lowkey, though. Did anyone really expect a trailer/news on the next Halo at a tournament? 2016 and 2017 didn't have one, either. Dunno why we expected one now when E3's two months off. 

97% of Halo fans couldn't give a shit about HWC. Announcing H6 there wouldn't make any sense at all.

97% of Halo fans couldn't give a shit about HWC. Announcing H6 there wouldn't make any sense at all.

Exactly. There's literally a tiny fraction of people watching. And 343i/MS don't just announce games to fans, they announce to share and stockholders. Which I doubt would tune into a competitive tournament. Would be a slight issue to reveal a game like that when viewership isn't exactly stellar compared to an E3 presentation where you can have the full nine yards in a gigantic stadium.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You are right, last 2 HWC winners weren't the most stoic dudes in Halo  :lxthul:

LQMYpQ3.jpg

They were boring too. I would say it's a generational thing, except you see young guys in other sports get hype when they win. Just doesn't make sense to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1