CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ffs, thanks for rejoining the HCS thread two years later, maybe chillax a bit?  we're aware that slayer is not ideal in H5, games are still hype

No problem, and no. I'll say what I wish, and how within the confines of TB's rules. I don't find Slayers to be hype at all and they're infuriating to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Garbage day at work but it's made better by this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No problem, and no. I'll say what I wish, and how within the confines of TB's rules. I don't find Slayers to be hype at all and they're infuriating to watch.

Don't watch them then? Just close your eyes and take your fingers off the damn keyboard.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean assuming the next game has actual LAN it wouldn't be difficult to implement a Pause feature when the game notices any controller disconnect.

Too easy to manipulate to your advantage as a player. I agree some kind of pause function (or 'rewind' like Riot has implemented) would be helpful, but any kind of automated pause would be more detrimental than anything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't watch them then? Just close your eyes and take your fingers off the damn keyboard.

I mean, I watch them for the REQ codes and for CTF/SH games. To get to those, I have to watch Slayers. I'm not just gonna close and open tabs, over and over and over again until new games begin. That'd be dumb. So, instead, I'll watch the full thing and criticize what I don't like. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How do I get that voice pack thing from Mixer

theyll add it to your reqs a few days from now.

Everyone should be happy with Splyce's success like come on guys. When was the last time we have seen new young guns be this dominant? This makes for storylines. The last 2 years have been TOX dominating which made every tournament predictable. A new team on the mountain top is a good thing for any competitive environment.

New dynasty, new challenge and new rivalries

• Upvote (+1) 5

Everyone should be happy with Splyce's success like come on guys. When was the last time we have seen new young guns be this dominant? This makes for storylines. The last 2 years have been TOX dominating which made every tournament predictable. A new team on the mountain top is a good thing for any competitive environment.

I mean to be fair, it really isn't that new. Splyce has been winning events for months now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think you're misunderstanding?

People have teams or players they prefer, it's not mutually exclusive to want them to win and to also think this competition is good for the scene.

You shouldn't be happy if a team you don't want to win, wins. That's just weird.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean to be fair, it really isn't that new. Splyce has been winning events for months now.

im talking about before that

Man, Royal 2 is just ridiculous when he can do whatever he wants. Splyce shut him down so easily though.

Splyce just has the organized chaos down. Seems like they force teams to sped up their play beyond where they are comfortable

Anyone know what we have to do to get attendee emblem?

Apologies if this was answered, but there’s a Surfacebook at the registration table where you enter your GT and an email address and you’ll get the emblem shortly after the event.

• Upvote (+1) 4

TOX has an awful midgame, idk why it happens but once they hit that 6 minute mark they just fall asleep

Also, again with the powerups lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems these two teams are much more evenly matched than Tox and Splyce

I don't think anyone was doubting that. Splyce is in another zip code.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, the one guy that does it (Spartan) gets bagged the shit out of on here

Fucking thank you for calling that shit out.

nothing wrong with being emotional during the game or off it.

• Upvote (+1) 2