CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My problem with that rule, if it exists, is that couldn't you easily just unplug your controller and demand a replay? Not saying that is what happened here, obviously.

That's a good point. 

It's a difficult situation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

look at the diff in how ninja talks to clap.

Do you try and find the worst thing in every situation? I mean, jeez.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Amazing series unfortunate it had to end like that.

I hope Onset/Elamite are casting the next game though as long as Strongside or Butters isn't casting is good tbh.

Next Halo needs a game freeze/pause feature at immediate disconnect on lan/online especially in tournament format. Fantastic series otherwise just sad for Reciprocity. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

My problem with that rule, if it exists, is that couldn't you easily just unplug your controller and demand a replay? Not saying that is what happened here, obviously.

Online? Sure. But LAN? Good luck trying to pull that off when there's both footage of you and a potential person looking at your team.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Next Halo needs a game freeze/pause feature at immediate disconnect on lan/online especially in tournament format. Fantastic series otherwise just sad for Reciprocity. 

That would be interesting. Pause any LAN game if controller disconnects. 

Wouldn't be Halo without a bit of drama.

It's great that the desk can talk about it openly instead of skirting about it for the sake of 'professionalism'.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we can’t even manage a good theater or spectator mode after more than 2 years of halo 5, how do you expect 343 to somehow be able to pause a live game on lan?
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Rec needs to stop posting that the controller is why they lost. Come on. They were still in the game after that happened and couldn’t clutch up. Most the community would probably agree the better team won. Nv has been better than Rec most the season.

They will just use this excuse to soften the blow.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

If we can’t even manage a good theater or spectator mode after more than 2 years of halo 5, how do you expect 343 to somehow be able to pause a live game on lan?

I mean assuming the next game has actual LAN it wouldn't be difficult to implement a Pause feature when the game notices any controller disconnect.

Rec needs to stop posting that the controller is why they lost. Come on. They were still in the game after that happened and couldn’t clutch up. Most the community would probably agree the better team won. Nv has been better than Rec most the season.

Lol, are you serious?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Oh shit

If true, I hope they do switch out the box going forward.

Why didn't other players say anything first to the staff?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Spartan says that the USB port wasn't working "at all with any cord" meaning there were prior issues meaning he should have demanded a new Xbox...right?

These Halo pros dont really care i guess. They have had issues since 2015 and they just complain about it afterwards instead of demanding it be fixed BEFORE they play. Its on them in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give me break. I'd love to see you try to keep your composure in that situation with that much money on the line in a crucial moment of a game 7. They lost all momentum on a snowbally gametype. They've got every right to be upset.

• Upvote (+1) 1