CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's a slippery slope. If we say "fuck it" and push for BR starts simply because they're more fun and will refresh H5 for the remainder of its life, this will show 343 that we support HCS gameplay changes that are less competitively viable. Then it's all downhill from there.

Of all the things 343 takes into consideration when making gameplay decisions, I don't think competitive viability is one of them. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a slippery slope. If we say "fuck it" and push for BR starts simply because they're more fun and will refresh H5 for the remainder of its life, this will show 343 that we support HCS gameplay changes that are less competitively viable. Then it's all downhill from there.

I would agree, except in their current state I would argue using a BR requires more skill than the pistol and is actually more competitive.  No reason to pick up a BR after the most recent update. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would agree, except in their current state I would argue using a BR requires more skill than the pistol and is actually more competitive.  No reason to pick up a BR after the most recent update. 

I just can't get on board with a starting weapon that's not single-shot.

EDIT: On top of bursting, it also has random spread. H5's hitboxes definitely downplay this alot, but the pacing of the shots is weird and one or two bullets still won't land on the enemy even if the reticle is right on their head.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would agree, except in their current state I would argue using a BR requires more skill than the pistol and is actually more competitive. No reason to pick up a BR after the most recent update.

It doesn’t just require more skill, it requires more luck.

The reason no one picks it up is because they don’t want RNG to determine the outcome of there 1v1 when they already spawn with a gun that doesn’t rely on chance.

After two years of phantom melee and charity headshots, I cant believe I might have to have to call bullshit on half of all 1v1s I witness.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys. I just got all of this intel from Str8 Sick's stream so here is rostermania as it stands

Teams:

OpTic: Same. 

NV: Mikwen, Snipedown, Spartan, & Penguin

Liquid: Stellur, Eco, Shotzzy, & Renegade

LG: Ola, Bubu, Saiyan, Trippey

Cryptik/Splyce: Suspector, Ryanoob, Shooter, & Rayne

F/A or Unknown: APG, Commonly, Danoxide, Contra, Lunchbox, Nemassist, Prototype, Dastroyed, Naded, Articc, Demon D, Claim, Musa, Str8 Sick, & Ninja

Partial Teams: Str8: Ace, Falcated, Tapping. El Town, & Neptune. Baby J & Sabinater.

Almost nothing but OpTic is guaranteed.

He's not correct on some stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The pros support it, so the hivemind will follow.

damn this hivemind crap you're obsessed over is really tiring

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing like waking up and spending 90% of my neg rep quota first thing in the morning.

TIL there's neg rep quota. 

There will be an announcement from Team Liquid sometime between now and Thanksgiving (sorry I can't give more solid date) regarding their future plans with Halo.

Still a more narrowed down date than the TO announcement. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There will be an announcement from Team Liquid sometime between now and Thanksgiving (sorry I can't give more solid date) regarding their future plans with Halo.

i hope this doesnt mean another org is leaving  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

This game is so god damn boring that I literally don't care whether BR starts are good or not anymore, I will take it anyway.

Why would anyone think this way, BR starts are bad period.

Why would anyone think this way, BR starts are bad period.

PERIOD. Cubanex has spoken!

• Upvote (+1) 6

This game is so god damn boring that I literally don't care whether BR starts are good or not anymore, I will take it anyway.

Ah, yes. Changing random shit and making the game worse for the sake of variety. Truly a staple of competitive games.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OK so serious question, what is it about BR starts that would make it bad?  As it stands now, 343 essentially just made it so that the BRs on the map are never going to be used.  Why not switch to BR starts and have Pistols on the map so that if the pistols are really that good they can be used without cutting out a major weapon from the game? 

• Upvote (+1) 1