CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Super odd question but does anyone know a place in Seattle to store luggage for tomorrow?

My Airbnb person told me initially that I could leave my stuff here but now apparently that is not the case so I’m kind of SOL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How long do you need it stored for and when would you want to pick it up? I could stash it in my hotel room. It's right across the street from the venue. But I'm planning on being at the venue all day from openish to close and don't really want to leave if a series is going on.

You da real MVP <3 and they say this place is toxic.

I’m red eyeing home at midnight tomorrow so I wouldn’t need to get it until after the event (I definitely won’t be leaving during a series tomorrow either haha) and I could bring it over whenever works best.

I owe you big time.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Great matches today.. both Tox and Splyce showing that they can drop some games. Can't choose between them.. but Splyce seems to have the advantage in flag due to sheer aggression. Royal 2 went clutch on the flag in game 1 vs REC, hope to see more of that out of him. I know he likes to anchor, but against Splyce it could be a vulnerability.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m red eyeing home at midnight tomorrow so I wouldn’t need to get it until after the event (I definitely won’t be leaving during a series tomorrow either haha) and I could bring it over whenever works best.

I owe you big time.

Any time tomorrow is cool. I don't actually know when the venue opens. The first matches begin at 11:30 I believe. The other days the venue was open at least an hour before. Want to meet at the entrance of the venue at 10:20 tomorrow? If you know it opens earlier, or if you just want to meet up earlier anyway, I'm happy to meet up earlier.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's always been a fear of mine that I will do this, and fracture an eye socket or break my nose. I would definitely lie about how it happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think that Wise would have beaten Str8 this tournament for top 8.

100% Commonly and Demon were playing great halo and even Gilkey was popping off a few games. Didn't see Nebula playing too great but he did do some good obj work.

Im sorry for the neg. I dropped my phone on my face :(

Wait. On your face? How did that happen, we're smarter than that.

Had to work, can anyone catch me up on what happened after the Infused-OS series?

Infused won 3-0 and won games 1 and 3 pretty easily. Game 2 was close though, finished 50-48.

At first I liked what Clutch was doing but yesterday, he took it way too far. Very disrespectful towards teams, players and other analysts. This is not some stupid reality show. We all know who the top teams are but that is not the point. Every team in this tournament worked hard to get there and deserves big respect.So yo Clutch, nobody saying loud you started coaching and casting because you suck hard behind the sticks even when we all know that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This is cool to see. Unfortunately he will probably be disappointed. Splyce will continue to dominate tox.

At first I liked what Clutch was doing but yesterday, he took it way too far. Very disrespectful towards teams, players and other analysts. This is not some stupid reality show. We all know who the top teams are but that is not the point. Every team in this tournament worked hard to get there and deserves big respect.So yo Clutch, nobody saying loud you started coaching and casting because you suck hard behind the sticks even when we all know that.

It’s a fine line to walk of saying what ‘everyone‘ thinks and still being respectful to the teams. I honestly think you’re point is a good one that he should consider but he’s new and should also be given the chance to adjust to feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It’s a fine line to walk of saying what ‘everyone‘ thinks and still being respectful to the teams. I honestly think you’re point is a good one that he should consider but he’s new and should also be given the chance to adjust to feedback.

I agree here. His analysis is quality and i do like his bluntness to a point but there were a couple of points when he was borderline disrespectful and nearly shut down any discussion. If he could tone it down a tiny bit he would be an amazing addition to the desk.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Hoping for a TOX win today, getting the 3peat would be an amazing way to close out Halo 5 ( if this is the last Worlds). 

Feeling anxious that Splyce will likely win if TOX doesn't come out the gate with a counter to their aggression. 

Although we had some close games and nail biting comebacks, I really hope Halo 6 can have a more balanced meta so that there isn't a major skill gap between top teams.

Really hard to get excited for 5-16th match ups when there is just consistent blowout games, gets so boring to watch

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is cool to see. Unfortunately he will probably be disappointed. Splyce will continue to dominate tox.

I would agree with this, but the games last event were pretty close the whole time between Splyce and Tox. Not to mention you have to remember this is a whole new level of pressure with it being Worlds. I'm sure you saw Stellur and Renegade jumping off the map a couple of times on Rig yesterday verse Envy, and Stellur MISSING railgun shots over and over, perhaps the pressure is getting to them? Only Tox has proved they can step up under this kind of pressure seeing that they won the previous two World events. But yea if Splyce can play under the pressure they'll probably win. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bit of a random question but any UK/EU people in here know any sites that I can bet on halo? Skybet used to do it for pro league and it was such easy money.

Not sure if someone else has already replied to this but Bet 365 are offering odds on the HWC.

Current odds:

NV 1/8 vs Elevate 9/2

Rec 2/5 vs Renegades 7/4

Splyce 4/9 vs Tox 13/8

Production has been on point so far, can't wait for champ Sunday to start - Common  :Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Although we had some close games and nail biting comebacks, I really hope Halo 6 can have a more balanced meta so that there isn't a major skill gap between top teams.

Really hard to get excited for 5-16th match ups when there is just consistent blowout games, gets so boring to watch

So big skill gaps between top and lessor teams was never like this before?

That's not why people say this place is toxic.