CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

See this is the reason that Halo pros should stay far away from settings.

Because they are actually having an enjoyable time in Halo 5 with something new, and fresh to the table? :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 8

new =/= good

New =/= not good either

Seems weird to release the new BR, then get rid of the only arena-scaled BR start list though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Guys. I just got all of this intel from Str8 Sick's stream so here is rostermania as it stands

timestamp?  

the only theoretical team that's actually scary is Eco / Stellur / Shotzzy / Renegade, that's literally four of the top 5-6 players not on OpTic

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because they are actually having an enjoyable time in Halo 5 with something new, and fresh to the table? :thinking:

Didn’t realize that sprint and aim down sights were considered new and fresh.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Guys. I just got all of this intel from Str8 Sick's stream so here is rostermania as it stands

Teams:

OpTic: Same.

NV: Mikwen, Snipedown, Spartan, & Penguin

Liquid: Stellur, Eco, Shotzzy, & Renegade

LG: Ola, Bubu, Saiyan, Trippey

Cryptik/Splyce: Suspector, Ryanoob, Shooter, & Rayne

F/A or Unknown: APG, Commonly, Danoxide, Contra, Lunchbox, Nemassist, Prototype, Dastroyed, Naded, Articc, Demon D, Claim, Musa, Str8 Sick, & Ninja

Partial Teams: Str8: Ace, Falcated, Tapping. El Town, & Neptune. Baby J & Sabinater.

Almost nothing but OpTic is guaranteed.

Damn those teams are pretty sick. That new Liquid seems like THE next threat. Got a clip from the stream?

Teams:

F/A or Unknown: APG, Commonly, Danoxide, Contra, Lunchbox, Nemassist, Prototype, Dastroyed, Naded, Articc, Demon D, Claim, Musa, Str8 Sick, & Ninja

Partial Teams: Str8: Ace, Falcated, Tapping. El Town, & Neptune. Baby J & Sabinater.

Ola off nV? No way, I feel like Snipedown and Ola are inseparable.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Didn’t realize that sprint and aim down sights were considered new and fresh.

Where is this coming from? I thought we were talking about a new starting weapon?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Teams:

F/A or Unknown: APG, Commonly, Danoxide, Contra, Lunchbox, Nemassist, Prototype, Dastroyed, Naded, Articc, Demon D, Claim, Musa, Str8 Sick, & Ninja

Partial Teams: Str8: Ace, Falcated, Tapping. El Town, & Neptune. Baby J & Sabinater.

Damn if true it's pretty disappointing that Splyce split up after just one bad event they had potential that said that new Liquid squad looks beastly and it looks like every other team got weaker imo.

Damn if true it's pretty disappointing that Splyce split up after just one bad event they had potential that said that new Liquid squad looks beastly and it looks like every other team got weaker imo.

That's Halo though, if a team gets built to win events, and then fails to win the event, they're going to breakup, especially if they're young.

Where is this coming from? I thought we were talking about a new starting weapon?

Didn’t realize that random spread on a precision weapon was considered new and fresh.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Didn’t realize that random spread on a precision weapon was considered new and fresh.

The pros support it, so the hivemind will follow.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Didn’t realize random spread on a precision weapon was considered new and fresh.

You didn't answer my question. Why did you bring up sprint, and ads?

The pros support it, so the hivemind will follow.

People may start out believing the same thing but after a while they might go off in different directions...much like the BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You didn't answer my question. Why did you bring up sprint, and ads?

Why did you bring up new and fresh?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Why did you bring up new and fresh?

Halo 5 current state is probably boring for them, and them wanting BR/GF starts is new, and they are hoping if refreshes the game play so they can enjoy the remainder of Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hecz got paidddddddd

Wadu hek?!

I wonder how much he just made, I guess we'll find out with how big his smile is come the next vlog.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 5 current state is probably boring for them, and them wanting BR/GF starts is new, and they are hoping if refresh's the game play so they can enjoy the remainder of Halo 5.

I guess I’m just confused that the guy with giant bold letters in his signature that reads “REMOVE RADAR FROM COMPETITIVE” would describe a precision weapon with random spread as “new and fresh”. Random spread on the BR certainly isn’t new. How is it fresh?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I'm all for change in the HCS, the game is extremely boring to watch at this point. But thos new BR is not the solution, unless we want even longer kill times and people escaping fights.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's a slippery slope. If we say "fuck it" and push for BR starts simply because they're more fun and will refresh H5 for the remainder of its life, this will show 343 that we support HCS gameplay changes that are less competitively viable. Then it's all downhill from there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm all for change in the HCS, the game is extremely boring to watch at this point. But thos new BR is not the solution, unless we want even longer kill times and people escaping fights.

It doesn't matter what people think about the BR and the Gunfighter. 343 have all but confirmed that they really want the gun to be the new norm for Ranked, including HCS. They made the Flagnum have the option for a Gunfighter variant, and I'm convinced that they lowered the BR's position on the screen. Nostalgia will ultimately triumph over an actual skillful utility.

Plus, this is obviously the devs testing the waters for competitive starts for Halo 6, but who knows? Maybe they'll tone down the Spartan Ability bull and make it more of a classic game. Maybe.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1