CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why do most assists determine the FFA winner if there's a tie? Shouldn't least amount of deaths be the tie-breaker?

Seems like assists shouldn't really mean much in FFA.

Probably since you can be fucked out of a lot of kills just because of luck of the draw which in turn results in a death, with no gain (Bar that assist) that normally wouldn't have gone down like that. Just a guess. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That series makes me sad that wise doesnt move on. They are a top 6 team in a super strong group

Which 2 teams in the top 8 could they beat? Maybe elevate?

Edit: Oh and they would also need to be better than OS.

Probably since you can be fucked out of a lot of kills just because of luck of the draw which in turn results in a death, with no gain (Bar that assist) that normally wouldn't have gone down like that. Just a guess. 

Maybe, but I feel like in FFA a more personal achievement (least deaths) should be used over assists.

Iirs 13-16 get 2500 and 9-12 get 5000

ah my b, I must have misread a graphic at some point

I'm mainly surprised by how few surprises there have been ... INF over OXY is the only result that could possibly be described as an upset, and with the way the bracket is looking I don't see how we'll possibly avoid Rec/nV as 3rd/4th and the standard grand finals matchup

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm mainly surprised by how few surprises there have been ... INF over OXY is the only result that could possibly be described as an upset, and with the way the bracket is looking I don't see how we'll possibly avoid Rec/nV as 3rd/4th and the standard grand finals matchup

Possible infused lb run to knock rec out of 4th is the best chance for a major upset to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe, but I feel like in FFA a more personal achievement (least deaths) should be used over assists.

You'd be surprised at how non-personal it is when the most successful plays come from riding off of other player's fights and cleaning up kills, over outright engaging.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's a family with a young kid who only knows the teams as blue and red who is really into the games and it brings a smile to my face.

Awesome. Whenever my kids see me watching halo the first thing they say is 'im red team' then proceed to argue over which colour they are.

Also would have been cool to see vexed take that Eden SH but it was nice to see them wake up a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you cite a play except for 1) the battle he won at Snipe game 1 which allowed RNG to get the 2nd cap (the one in which Demon D was looking at him and missed because of an admittedly clutch LBX crouch I think) and 2) the play he made with camo game 4, which is really the play he shouldve been able to make anyway, and it was really dependent on Neptune regardless?

He wasn't on the POV much but all I saw in the kill feed was him getting killed a lot. For what it's worth, Neptune is not playing his best at all either.

Lunch and apg were the only ones with a kd of 1 or higher.

I think Beserker taking down Fable could definitely be described as an upset and although i really like the players on Fable its cool to see LATAM step it up, especially considering this wasnt their main roster.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lunch and apg were the only ones with a kd of 1 or higher.

I noticed, but none of their KDs stood out anyway. I see them constantly losing fights that pros should usually win. Like they needed a big advantage in a fight to come out on top. Halo 5 is a game of 1v1s and if that's their best showing against a top 8 team then there's a good trouble.

I think Beserker taking down Fable could definitely be described as an upset and although i really like the players on Fable its cool to see LATAM step it up, especially considering this wasnt their main roster.

I feel like Fable put no effort into practicing at all

• Upvote (+1) 2

Clutch is hilarious. GB Lethal and Wonderboy talking about the most exciting Winners Bracket Rd1 matchup and Clutch just says none of them are exciting. “We know who the top 4 is”. Savage.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bravo stream has nV-RNG btw, currently 2-0 nV.

Renegades v infused in lb is going to be an interesting match up. Assuming things go as expected.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Dude, thank you, I'm mad that I didn't know this was going on.

Yeah, you expect the series' to start around the same time, but then you check out bravo stream before the main stage series has started and the series had not just started but was at 2-0 lol.

Bravo stream has nV-RNG btw, currently 2-0 nV.

Now its 2-1 with rng fighting to make it to game 5

Holt shit rng came back to win plaza sh 100-95. Game 5 incoming

• Upvote (+1) 1