CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Morning everyone! If you are heading to the venue today, I want to see as many signs as possible in the crowd. Best one gets a cuddle.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Thanks for the support folks, and thanks to those who said hi today! This weekend is the culmination and many months of work from a whole host of people, and we're so happy to see fans and players enjoying themselves.

Getting some games of CE in this weekend for sure if anyone wants to play. After all, one of those consoles is actually mine lol

It looks and feels like a celebration of comp Halo. That is exactly what you want from a major tournament in any game, you can’t ask for more.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Thanks for the support folks, and thanks to those who said hi today! This weekend is the culmination and many months of work from a whole host of people, and we're so happy to see fans and players enjoying themselves.

Getting some games of CE in this weekend for sure if anyone wants to play. After all, one of those consoles is actually mine lol

Thanks for all you've done to improve competitive Halo over the past 24 months. The casters and MLG get praised all of the time, but I have no doubt a lot of it is due to yourself and a few other unknown 343 employees. Keep on killing it man.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What time does the stream start today?

10:00 AM PDT

11:00 AM PDT tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay, real talk:

Simmshy or Walshimms?

I like Walshimms because it sounds cuter.

Okay, real talk:

Simmshy or Walshimms?

Call them the Final Round.

Because they both go by their last names and always cast grand finals.

Just got caught up on all the action from yesterday.

@@Clap Thank you for coming home! Minus the hiccup to start, the production has been on point! Player interviews, casters discussing ramifications of each map and series, host desk pushing storylines and providing some great commentary. Also shoutout to the crowd! 

Have absolutely LOVED having Clutch on the desk. Brings a much needed personality up there. 

@@Gaskin so glad you're here and casting, your use of HDH and relaying team win percentage and stats per map was awesome! Brings a story to that particular match right at the start. 

Gameplay has been top notch as well. All the teams we expected to win have won. MLG has done a great job with scheduling. We will have a lot of great elimination matches today instead of during early pool play on Friday. OS vs INF is going to be HYPE!

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's more context to this story than those two tweets.

It was CenturyLink Field security that wouldn't let him in.  They would have had no way of knowing who he was and would have no reason to let him in without a ticket.  He even mentions in later tweets that he didn't text anyone with some extra "pull" to come down and help him out.

It's not like they were holding a grudge and not letting him in or anything. He was just someone without a ticket who showed up to an event which requires tickets.

It's in the chain for the tweet, this could mean he might show up today/tomorrow, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Possible shoutout to the ghost melee for making this statement true (it obviously might have been true anyway)

I just watched the VOD. It’s very unfortunate that that happened, but I honestly don’t think the outcome would have been much different. They largely got shit on from literally that second onward.

But yeah, the fact that we’ll never truely know kinda puts a damper on things.

On that note, is it possible to download vods from Twitch? I figure it's a no go but worth a shot, seems like catching up on worlds would be the perfect in-flight entertainment.

you can leave the app open and let it buffer/load, but that's about it I think ...

You can tell the casters really put the work in beforehand with all the stats they keep dropping in game. Really good to see.

• Upvote (+1) 4

so it wont be a big deal for group A (and possibly group D since elevate is better than vexed imo) but for groups B and C we are going to see one of Oxygen Supremacy/Infused and Renegades/Wise eliminated. i dont think the loser of these matches could win but top 6/top 8 for them is not out of the question. i just dont see a compelling reason to not have a couple extra rounds of losers bracket at the world championships

I still don’t see a reason not to have it- if nothing else to give distinction between the bottom 8 teams in the bracket.

But it appears to me that the teams getting eliminated today would probably be getting eliminated in LB1 and having these matches today gives it that LB1 feel.

Just finished packing my bag, I'm out the door to go get married. :ace: I tried to push it back a week when I found out the dates for worlds, but apparently that's not something you can do

Congrats dude... Enjoy the day!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can tell the casters really put the work in beforehand with all the stats they keep dropping in game. Really good to see.

Gaskin is the best for this. He's very well prepared.

Holy Fuck Balls!!!
I thought we started at 12pm MST luckily I just saw my notifications, we're live in 10mins.  
Let's Fucking Go!!!

• Upvote (+1) 3