CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

One of Halo's biggest personalities sitting down with it's most explosive player!

Shotzzy said in the last week he's played 5 HOURS of Halo to prepare. FIVE (5)!!

Inconceivable.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Shotzzy said in the last week he's played 5 HOURS of Halo to prepare. FIVE (5)!!

Inconceivable.

My theory is once you reach that level you only need to keep that thirst alive and playing too much can put that fire out. Gotta keep the game fun! I'm sure their 2v2s and amount of time they put to keeping fresh is still quality practice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

From my understanding, wouldn't the team who gets 3rd in their group go 1-2 with their only win coming from who ever finished last in the group? (Assuming No Tie-breakers)?

If that's the case, I have no problems with top 2 making it to Champ Bracket. It word prolong the tournament with a lot of unnecessary 3-0s IMO

Ties would be the biggest issue, although luckily that won't be the case here. The worst case would be a 3 way tiebreaker at 2-1, which would be a frustrating way to go out.

Ties would be the biggest issue, although luckily that won't be the case here. The worst case would be a 3 way tiebreaker at 2-1, which would be a frustrating way to go out.

How is a 2-1 won for this event? obviously games won/lost, but what if they're the same. best k/d? lol

How is a 2-1 won for this event? obviously games won/lost, but what if they're the same. best k/d? lol

Order would be:

Map count between the 3 teams

Map count overall in the pool

1 game of slayer (random map) between each tied team

And if they split those games 1-1 each, it goes to total spread in those slayer games.

If still tied, they do another round of slayer on a different map.

If they don't win this will look like a pretty bad judgement call.

If they do win, it's going to amazing and infuriating at the same time.

My theory is once you reach that level you only need to keep that thirst alive and playing too much can put that fire out. Gotta keep the game fun! I'm sure their 2v2s and amount of time they put to keeping fresh is still quality practice.

I find when taking about a week off from something you do all the time, when you come back, it's easier, especially with aiming and thinking. So he might be even scarier this weekend if it works for him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn’t specifically say h5. I said Halo in general. I would rather the next game be more on the no radar side of things than play like the h5 side of things.

But to answer your question, yes I have played h5 no radar. Still do whenever we play customs. I find it fun when you aren’t staring at the bottom right of your screen every other second for free info. You have to actually strategize your moves more. Besides, the sound in h5 alone is enough to be a radar. I can hear footsteps from a mile away.

Glad to see Str8 advance. Hopefully we will have closer series tomorrow.

Sounds like you still don't understand how it works. If you are just moving normally, there is no radar. If you use spartan abilities, you pop up...if anything that makes it play more like "real" halo...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love MLG, I love the caster, I love Halo, I wish tsquared was involved as well but I know bail money isn't cheap.

Someone make them release some Final Boss hoodies/shirts/hats again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When the weapon's proven to be able to kill someone when you don't even aim at them, hype should never be a thing with that weapon and clips people get with it. But here we are. 

I can't believe anyone liked this post. It's not the kill that's exciting, it's the setting combined with the kill. If you can't get hyped for double and triple kills at a big Halo event, then you should reconsider your outlook on life.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I find when taking about a week off from something you do all the time, when you come back, it's easier, especially with aiming and thinking. So he might be even scarier this weekend if it works for him. 

In extremely high level Go / Chess, as well as with some Korean LoL / StarCraft teams, coaches have at least one day every two weeks where the player is forced to go through "total detachment" -- they're separated from playing, watching, talking about, or whenever possible, even thinking about the game they play professionally.  It gives the brain time to digest its information and store away what the player has been learning through drills/study.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can't believe anyone liked this post. It's not the kill that's exciting, it's the setting combined with the kill. If you can't get hyped for double and triple kills at a big Halo event, then you should reconsider your outlook on life.

Yes, I should reconsider my life because of what I find personally entertaining and mentally stimulating in a video game tournament. Entirely. Will do. 

To reiterate, so what if it's a triple at a big event when a weapon you don't need to even aim with to get kills is used in the process. That weapon's presence alone is enough to kill my vibe just because I know how astronomically easy it is to use. Again, this doesn't mean I shit on multikills as a whole (Although, that's its own story), I'll just question the weird vocal nature of people when a sniper play occurs. Because again. It's an easy fucking weapon. You may as well get stoked at a rocket multikill, or a railgun multikill. Neither of which I'll freak out for either when power weapons in Halo 5 are just stupid, lol. 

It's nothing to do with not being hyped about a sick triple at a tournament. It has to do with not getting hyped over dumb triples at a tournament. Pretty easy distinction.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

in hindsight, the format ended up being just fine, thanks to no ties.

with no ties possible, it's pretty sweet that the remaining series will determine 2nd place, so they'll carry all the weight of LB matches without taking extra stream time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

with no ties possible, it's pretty sweet that the remaining series will determine 2nd place, so they'll carry all the weight of LB matches without taking extra stream time.

Possible shoutout to the ghost melee for making this statement true (it obviously might have been true anyway)

• Upvote (+1) 2

so it wont be a big deal for group A (and possibly group D since elevate is better than vexed imo) but for groups B and C we are going to see one of Oxygen Supremacy/Infused and Renegades/Wise eliminated. i dont think the loser of these matches could win but top 6/top 8 for them is not out of the question. i just dont see a compelling reason to not have a couple extra rounds of losers bracket at the world championships

• Upvote (+1) 7

Good morning Beyond! It's been a while since I wake up excited to watch some Halo more than anything else I can do in my day.

BTW, hearing the crowd so loud is amazing, I did some OOOOH out loud in some plays at the same time the crowd did too, so I felt part of that, even if I'm all the way across the world

Amazing work by everyone at the event.

• Upvote (+1) 5