CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

motherfuckers are playing a million dollar tournament with radar enabled lmao

I got perma-banned on the Halo twitch channel in 2016. Reason being is because I was trashing that Radar was in competitive play. Still feel the same way to this day.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I got perma-banned on the Halo twitch channel in 2016. Reason being is because I was trashing that Radar was in competitive play. Still feel the same way to this day.

Did you ever play normal Halo 5 without radar? It's literally worse than default Halo 5. If you want chaos, get 8 people in custom game and play that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Clutch was awesome at the desk. Didn't sugar coat anything. Knew what he was talking about and was informative

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks so much for hanging out and supporting the tourney today, everyone! <3

no problem mate
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Did you ever play normal Halo 5 without radar? It's literally worse than default Halo 5. If you want chaos, get 8 people in custom game and play that.

I didn’t specifically say h5. I said Halo in general. I would rather the next game be more on the no radar side of things than play like the h5 side of things.

But to answer your question, yes I have played h5 no radar. Still do whenever we play customs. I find it fun when you aren’t staring at the bottom right of your screen every other second for free info. You have to actually strategize your moves more. Besides, the sound in h5 alone is enough to be a radar. I can hear footsteps from a mile away.

Glad to see Str8 advance. Hopefully we will have closer series tomorrow.

• Downvote (-1) 2

holy shit guys, this is Worlds 2018 and we're seriously trying to re-open debates about radar settings and sniper headboxes that were settled in like 2016 in the H5 thread?

Solid settings and weapons are timeless. Look at H1-H3. Look at CSGO. Not trying to debate at all. Was just replying to a post about radar being in a million dollar tourney. I’m really enjoying Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ooh, weapons/settings discussion

giphy.gif

First day of the event was awesome! I was against the top 2 advancing pools at first, but after the first day pretty much everyone we thought would advance will. With the exception of maybe a team or two I don't think the bracket will be very surprising. I think the only thing 3rd place going in the loser bracket would have accomplished would be 

1. More Halo action (not against it) and 
2. To give one or two teams a chance to make a run

It's tough, but may the best teams win.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Today was the first time I had been to a Halo event, and I am blown away. The event center is huge, the production in the arena is great, and I got all hopped up on free GFuel. Mmmm Lemonade and Rainbow Sherbet.

I cannot wait for bracket play.

What do you all think; will Infused beat Oxygen Supremacy to bring the EU home some pride? 

• Upvote (+1) 7

From my understanding, wouldn't the team who gets 3rd in their group go 1-2 with their only win coming from who ever finished last in the group? (Assuming No Tie-breakers)?

If that's the case, I have no problems with top 2 making it to Champ Bracket. It word prolong the tournament with a lot of unnecessary 3-0s IMO