CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

X1pzhZK.jpg

I still remember the day I walked into Krauser's after walking home from school and grabbing the last H3 Gamer Fuel from the cooler before any of my friends saw it.

Shockwave was one of the WOAT casters

I can just hear him saying 'soooooooooooo good' when talking about the godsquad. Idk why

Just got done with work, if you see a guy with long blonde hair, an old school camera, and a grey Henley, yell out Pono or come chat!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly what are teams doing so wrong that Teams like Splyce and Tox are doing right? In 2010 any team could win. Instinct and Final Boss had to try really hard to win usually going to game 10s and 11s. But after the top 4 there really haven't been any upsets and that has been the case for all Halo 5. It's usually been the top 3/4 (Optic, NV, Liquid in 2017 or Tox, Splyce, NV, REC in 2018) vs everyone else. What is so different now compared to the final year of halo 3?

It's only friday and bracket play will be bo7, but what do teams have to do to make it competitive throughout the top 8 instead of just the top 4?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd wait in line twice as long as a disney world ride to get my ass handed to me in 2 minutes by the goat on LAN

Got to play Halo 1 with Walshy years ago with @@Cursed Lemon, worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly what are teams doing so wrong that Teams like Splyce and Tox are doing right? In 2010 any team could win. Instinct and Final Boss had to try really hard to win usually going to game 10s and 11s. But after the top 4 there really haven't been any upsets and that has been the case for all Halo 5. It's usually been the top 3/4 (Optic, NV, Liquid in 2017 or Tox, Splyce, NV, REC in 2018) vs everyone else. What is so different now compared to the final year of halo 3?

It's only friday and bracket play will be bo7, but what do teams have to do to make it competitive throughout the top 8 instead of just the top 4?

No team is as talented as Splyce (in most cases it isn't even close - Tox obviously the closest), and no team has been together as long as Tox or has the chemistry that Tox has. Those are the two biggest things that set them apart from the rest of the teams IMO.

I agree that in Halo 3 things were up for grabs more....but after that Final Boss squad formed with Pistola, people expected them to be in the finals from what I remember (their performances at the 6 team lans contributed to expectations). I think they placed 2nd their first event and then won the next 3 maybe, which didn't surprise that many.

Honestly what are teams doing so wrong that Teams like Splyce and Tox are doing right?

Displaying patience and applying pressure in the right places at the right times.

• Upvote (+1) 5