CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But REC would have been down a player too AND Kimbo could have potentially got away.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ghostayme was sitting with all the Rec fans.

The fix was in.

I'm sitting in front of Ghost, where are you?

???????

???????

You can ???? at me all you want, everyone has stressed time and time again that it's better to shoot as invis then go for the backsmack.

I looked back at the clip, it was a bs moment but one that would have never had to happen had he shot first.

• Downvote (-1) 1

???????

You can ???? at me all you want, everyone has stressed time and time again that it's better to shoot as invis then go for the backsmack.

I looked back at the clip, it was a bs moment but one that would have never had to happen had he shot first.

Its completely situational first off and second off it's irrelevant.

But REC would have been down a player too AND Kimbo could have potentially got away.

Too many if's man

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's hard to say.

Sparty dies basically right after getting launched. He does kill Kimbo, but also, consider Kimbo's position on the map where he tried to backsmack Sparty. He's on the red side with no cover. I mean, right after he does try to backsmack Sparty, he's instantly getting lit up by Snipedown.

I'm not yet salty. Just if Infused does not make it out of the groups. In that case i am super salty. 

​But maybe they could've made it out as the #1 seed this way...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its completely situational first off and second off it's irrelevant.

What is completely situational? I can't read your mind, speak up with what you actually mean or don't bother trying to contradict what I'm saying.

And what's irrelevant? That what happened, happened?

I don't get what your issue is, the casters have said over and over that they don't like it when people go  for the backsmack and I agree.

I don't know what would have happened, had he decided not to melee. It's certainly not his fault the game decided to fuck him over but this is just my wishful thinking, hoping that it'd have gone differently had he shot instead.

I don't see what's wrong with that or why it's upsetting you so much that I just wish he had shot instead.

Looking at the clip again, there's a possibility that he initiated the melee while his reticle wasn't red and Spartan used his thrusters at pretty much the same time, idk what else could explain the impulse that was given to Spartan, has a ghost melee ever had an impulse attached to it?

Anyways, looking at the clip Kimbo would still have 100% been melted had it connected.

Thats what happens when backsmacks dont work

I feel ya brotha

But don't fret, INF will make it into playoffs

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is completely situational? I can't read your mind, speak up with what you actually mean or don't bother trying to contradict what I'm saying.

And what's irrelevant? That what happened, happened?

It's situational whether you go for a melee or shoot.  Neither is objectively better and I've literally never heard anyone say that.  Him choosing to go for the melee is irrelevant. We aren't critiquing his play here, we are saying the outcome of the game was changed due to a glitch in the game.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looking at the clip again, there's a possibility that he initiated the melee while his reticle wasn't red and Spartan used his thrusters at pretty much the same time, idk what else could explain the impulse that was given to Spartan, has a ghost melee ever had an impulse attached to it?

Anyways, looking at the clip Kimbo would still have 100% been melted had it connected.

I watched the clip in slow motion. After helping Eric team shot Kimbo, Spartan goes on to to play his life making Mose focus on him for longer. Then Mose gets cleaned up by Penguin with help from Spartan. If Spartan died then things wouldnt have played out like that.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's hard to say.

Sparty dies basically right after getting launched. He does kill Kimbo, but also, consider Kimbo's position on the map where he tried to backsmack Sparty. He's on the red side with no cover. I mean, right after he does try to backsmack Sparty, he's instantly getting lit up by Snipedown.

I agree Kimbo would prob have died after anyway but spartan got off another 4/5 shots before dying and diverted attention. Anyway we will never know. Bullshit that we even need to discuss tbh.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's situational whether you go for a melee or shoot.  Neither is objectively better and I've literally never heard anyone say that.  Him choosing to go for the melee is irrelevant. We aren't critiquing his play here, we are saying the outcome of the game was changed due to a glitch in the game.  

Casters say it all the time. I'm sure someone else here could back me up on them saying it multiple times. I'll agree with what you said, that it's situational in the context you are talking about. But I still agree with the casters that getting first shoots is better.

And I don't know where this "we aren't critiquing his play" came from because I AM CRITIQUING HIS PLAY. What you all do is up to you, I think he should have shot and it MAY have ended up differently.

At the end of the day after re-watching the clip I'm just mad that this happened and am looking for anything that could have been done to prevent it.

I feel like if Kimbo shot him first and went for the beatdown in that position theres a potential for a quick ninja.

Casters say it all the time. I'm sure someone else here could back me up on them saying it multiple times. I'll agree with what you said, that it's situational in the context you are talking about. But I still agree with the casters that getting first shoots is better.

And I don't know where this "we aren't critiquing his play" came from because I AM CRITIQUING HIS PLAY. What you all do is up to you, I think he should have shot and it MAY have ended up differently.

At the end of the day after re-watching the clip I'm just mad that this happened and am looking for anything that could have been done to prevent it.

Most of the casters don't even know what they're talking about.

What could have been done to prevent it?  A working game. You're literally saying he should change his play style because of an unacceptable glitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So did spartan go soaring due to the melee or from a thrust?